Kazzer

Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Messi should stay at 99 in my opinion.

Obviously.Ronaldo might be in a better form atm but Messi's still the best in the world.Messi in not a very good form is still very close to Ronaldo's best form ever.Says it all I think.Not taking anything away from Ronaldo though.He's been sensational.

Ronaldo has clearly been better than messi the whole season so he should be rated higher.

and Messi been better than Ronaldo for the past 4 years.he should've been 3 ratings above Ronaldo considering that,1 better year for ROnaldo doesn't mean that he has to be rated higher.

Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Ronaldo has clearly been better than messi the whole season so he should be rated higher.

Please, Messi won 5 leagues, 3 UCL, 4 Golden Balls and many more titles to get the rise to 99. Cristiano has won 1 league, 2 cups, 1 UCL and 2 Golden Balls since he is at Real Madrid. He can not be at the same rating as Messi yet.

I disagree. Barcelona finished higher than Real Madrid in the league, so Messi should remain higher than Ronaldo on that basis.

First of all don't consider me a madrista. I like Barcelona. I am just saying messi should drop because of his form for this season and 1 year is a long time. Although I also don't want him to drop but he should. But his performance at world cup could affect my thoughts.

If this :

Games : 46

Goals : 41

Assists : 15

is bad season for a player, for which he should drop I don't know what is good one :)

Messi is solid 99 and Ronaldo needs one more such season to become 99 too, at least IMO.

If this :

Games : 46

Goals : 41

Assists : 15

is bad season for a player' date=' for which he should drop I don't know what is good one :)

Messi is solid 99 and Ronaldo needs one more such season to become 99 too, at least IMO.[/quote']

If you think the given stats is great for a 99 player along with the fact that he couldn't provide any silverware then I don't know which planet you're living. He's not even Ballon D' Or holder as well. Sorry you cant hang on to NINETY NINE with that. Any other rating and I'd have thought twice before saying this.

I disagree. Barcelona finished higher than Real Madrid in the league' date=' so Messi should remain higher than Ronaldo on that basis.[/quote']

I respect everyone's opinion but this made me laugh. You're indirectly saying that Diego Costa should be at 100.

When Ronaldo hadn't won anything and kept scoring for fun people said that he shouldn't be a 99 because he hasn't won anything. Now Messi doesn't win anything this season but he should be a 99 because he has scored so many goals. Sounds right.

If you think the given stats is great for a 99 player along with the fact that he couldn't provide any silverware then I don't know which planet you're living. He's not even Ballon D' Or holder as well. Sorry you cant hang on to NINETY NINE with that. Any other rating and I'd have thought twice before saying this.

Changes at higher ranks must be more cautious. It's one thing to change players rating from 91 to 90 becouse of a bad season, but other from 99 to 98, becouse of not a SUPERB season. How many players have 40+ goals this season frop top 5 divisions? And how many of them do that 5 times in a row! 5 times each season 40+ goals! And during that time winning 2 time CL, 3 times Golden ball and so one. That's how 99 rating is deserve, showing who's the best player in the world. And that's why there can be only one 99. If Ronaldo repeat this season, and Messi repeat his, then Messi should become 98 and Ronaldo 99. But at this point - it's too early.

When Ronaldo hadn't won anything and kept scoring for fun people said that he shouldn't be a 99 because he hasn't won anything. Now Messi doesn't win anything this season but he should be a 99 because he has scored so many goals. Sounds right.

Its much easier for players to stay in SM, than to rise, especially to 99. Lots of players top players out there ended up trophyless last season.

Changes at higher ranks must be more cautious. It's one thing to change players rating from 91 to 90 becouse of a bad season' date=' but other from 99 to 98, becouse of not a SUPERB season. How many players have 40+ goals this season frop top 5 divisions? And how many of them do that 5 times in a row! 5 times each season 40+ goals! And during that time winning 2 time CL, 3 times Golden ball and so one. That's how 99 rating is deserve, showing who's the best player in the world. And that's why there can be only one 99. If Ronaldo repeat this season, and Messi repeat his, then Messi should become 98 and Ronaldo 99. But at this point - it's too early.[/quote']

You would've sounded slightly reasonable had you said that a couple of years ago when rating changes were done after a long deliberation. But now players getting rise from 92 to 93 within like 3/4 months. So a whole year is enough to change players having 98/99.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Please' date=' Messi won 5 leagues, 3 UCL, 4 Golden Balls and many more titles to get the rise to 99. Cristiano has won 1 league, 2 cups, 1 UCL and 2 Golden Balls since he is at Real Madrid. He can not be at the same rating as Messi yet.[/quote']

On that basis Puyol should be rated 99 as well... Stupidity.

I tend to agree that Messi should probably drop. His stats are still decent, but he has been completely invisible in almost all big matches. His performances this season are clearly not worthy of a 99. And Barcelona had a poor season for their high standards, so that does not help him too. Also, like Ghora mentioned, ratings tend to reflect player's form much faster nowadays, so i think it would not be outrageous if Messi drops really. It would be justified.