Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Fabregas has to drop if Spain gets knocked out in early stages. He's hanging on to 95 simply cuz of Spanish success he doesn't deserve to be level with Yaya Toure.

I would wait until we see what he and chelsea does next season, it could be an interesting season if chelsea manages to sign more 2 or 3 top players, maybe Costa and Varane.

I would wait until we see what he and chelsea does next season' date=' it could be an interesting season if chelsea manages to sign more 2 or 3 top players, maybe Costa and Varane.[/quote']

He's had so many chances to prove that he's a 95.

Needs a drop and then he can prove at Chelsea that he's worth a 94.

Then u assume godin n pepe that played in the highest level for many years are on the same rating with benatia that just hype for one year?

U assuming turan that played very well in those 3 years with atletico is behind rakitic which just perform well in one season' date=' rakitic even didnt perform well in last of the season, his goal n assist dropped.

Maybe u assuming turan are on the same level with inler n valero

Sanchez stay 92 n pedro 93 because pedro achieved trophies with barcelona. Then fabregas get 95 in 2008 after achieved nothing in arsenal?[/quote']

See its where the EXCEPTIONAL part comes in Benatia was head and shoulders above everyone in Serie A ( and he has been one of the best CBs in Serie A for nearly 3 seasons now. His 92 is Justified.) Chellieni & Lucarelli the closest in overall form. Many would probably rate him higher than Pepe and Godin. And Benatia rose to 92 not 93? so where is the point in your post?

Turan has less play time than Rakitic check the numbers, nearly 1300minutes less in the league alone.

Its ridiculous to compare players in difference roles too, Inler and Valero and Turan? A DM, a Winger and a CM? All have different roles. Inler is class, as is Valero fully justifed for 91s. Turan should be heading to 92 yes i agree but he didnt this time around, for several factors.

Yeah Pedro 93 because of Barca success and he is also one of the better performers last 18 months. Alexis is on fire but as i said it hasnt be consistent nor long enough yet, but if he keeps up his form throughout he WC i believe he SHOULD get a rise.

This posts like this one below that make me :rolleyes::rolleyes: do we just forget past success and how good they were? Just because they are in the Barca side that didnt win La Liga this season? They would all walk into almost every other side in Europe. The Busquets one especially :rolleyes:...all play different roles!

The review was a fail. Anyone that thinks otherwise is either blinded by bias or hasn't watched the players in question play.

Some ratings are ridiculous really' date='

Adriano rated 91 is not even 4th choice LB for his country.

Busquets rated 95 Is he better than Pirlo or Vidal purely on skill?? No. Has he won more than them in the past year?? No! So why is he still a 95?

Turan is 91 Pedro is 93. Seriously now. Anyone who has seen Atletico play will know that Turan is the most influential player for them alongside Koke.

Afellay is still rated equal to Sterling Son Shaqiri Dos Santos who are all at the WC while Afellay isn't.

Same goes for Tello.

Alex Song rated as good as Strootman Matuidi Gundogan Matic etc.[/quote']

No offence JMH but it's people like you who just don't seem to grasp things.

You say Turan doesn't deserve a rise based on his appearances being more in the previous season? Which for your knowledge is incorrect. 39 appearances to his 44 this year. Check soccerbase for accurate appearances etc.

Check Soccerway. Your pulling appearances' date=' Im using minutes.

[url']http://uk.soccerway.com/players/arda-turan/4634/[/url]

Subbed off an awful lot too, also factor Turkey not making it to Brazil...it all adds up. Its all little factors that like that can hinder a rise. If he gets fit and in the side next season and Atleti hit the ground running then for sure 92 you be called for. Its the factors you point out, he was in and out the team.

It's a fact that when Turan was out of the team they didn't create as much. There form dipped towards end of season which coincided with him

Being out of the team. I watch as much Spanish football as possible and he is arguably one of the top wingers in the world on his day.

You move onto the point re:Barca. Your argument for Athletico madrid players not rising is because it could be a flash in the pan season. So why have Man U players dropped so significantly?. So why should Barcas not drop also?

The significant drops were pretty self explanatory werent they? Squad players, players way way off form for United especially? and a big difference in Barcas and Man Utd seasons dont you think!

You also mention about being a top players consistently is what should be based on. Which there is an element of truth in that. Pepe has played at the top level of world football for the past 6 years or so. Real Madrid pretty much buy who they want when they want and they don't seem to be replacing him too quickly! So why should he not be rated higher???

He was, and dropped has he was dire for at least 2 seasons wasnt he!...

Your post had so many inconsistencies init it was scary

Have to commend you for a healthy debate though, thanks for taking the time to put together a decent post. These league rating threads are the worst things to read on the forum hence so many forumers actively avoid them and i know i rather should but seeing so much rubbish continuously posted i just feel like putting my thoughts across...

Anyone saying Turan does not deserve a rise is talking nonsense. When fit he was instrumental and key to a lot of winning performances for Atletico. Only niggling injuries have prevented him from playing more games from what I can remember.

Neymar - what exceptional season did he have to warrant his rapid rise?

Again, you answered it yourself. His play time has been hindered, so its more of a reason not to rise him unfortunately.

Dont get me started on Neymar, ive fully expressed my views on that in the past its ridiculous.

;2932463']Again' date=' you answered it yourself. His play time has been hindered, so its more of a reason not to rise him unfortunately.

[/quote']

So, how many games should be considered enough on top of excellent form and contributing towards a title winning team for a player as classy as Turan to get a +1?

The number of matches argument is nonsense, just a poor excuse.

As I no longer play the game I can't look into the following. But I imagine there are players who have played a similar number of games as Turan, in less successful teams and been given a rise in terms of ratings (within the 91-92 bracket)? I'd be shocked if SW was consistent enough to apply the same rule across the ratings system.

So' date=' how many games should be considered enough on top of excellent form and contributing towards a title winning team for a player as classy as Turan to get a +1?

The number of matches argument is nonsense, just a poor excuse.

As I no longer play the game I can't look into the following. But I imagine there are players who have played a similar number of games as Turan, in less successful teams and been given a rise in terms of ratings (within the 91-92 bracket)? I'd be shocked if SW was consistent enough to apply the same rule across the ratings system.[/quote']

Take Rakitic as a case, he rose to 92. Compare Turan and Rakitic game time over the 3 years both been active in La Liga and there is a substantial gap of 1300mins or so. Thats half a season basically.

Whoscored doesn't seem to rate Turan very highly for his performances in a title winning side, 6.98, and 4 assists all season not a great return for such a creative player..

yes stats is very nit picky but no doubt they are used to make a decision in ratings..

I'm not going to do in a debate backwards and forwards.

Just a question for everyone.

Isit now time to sell Pepe and Arda Turan? If they have not got a rise this rating change are they finished and should be sold?

that would be a daft decision. If they continue next season where they left off, the case for a rise will be much stronger wont it.

;2932489']Take Rakitic as a case' date=' he rose to 92. Compare Turan and Rakitic game time over the 3 years both been active in La Liga and there is a substantial gap of 1300mins or so. Thats half a season basically.

If Turan gets fit and stays fit, id say next review he will rise.[/quote']

14 games over 3 seasons is nothing. Crazy stats to bring up.

It's nowt' date=' Suarez has missed just as many games due to bans in the last 3 years. 14 games over 3 years is absolutely nothing.

Dear lord![/quote']

Dear lord your attempting to use Suarez as an example here

Pull up Rakitic & Turan on Soccerway look at the game times.

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/arda-turan/4634/

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/ivan-rakitic/11354/

Turan doesnt finish half his games. His 'ratings' dont seem to be great for a player so 'influential' in a title winning side, as i said stats are blatantly used in SMs rating process ie Whoscored for example

His returns are not as good as Rakitic(just for comparison-as you say you dont play the game)

The factors the for not rising far outweigh the factors for a rise.

;2932497']Er yeah it is? its practically half a campaign :rolleyes:

And thats not even looking at goal and assist returns is it.

after just one season, u put rakitic in 92, then why u dont rise sturridge to the same level too? he has been amazing this year, not only this year, but one year a half. turan should rise in january, if he is spanish, he will rise i believe. how about fabregas rise to 95 in 2008, u havent answered it yet, do u really think he really deserved that 95?

;2932517']Dear lord your attempting to use Suarez as an example here

Pull up Rakitic & Turan on Soccerway look at the game times.

Turan doesnt finish half his games. His 'ratings' dont seem to be great for a player so 'influential' in a title winning side' date=' as i said stats are blatantly used in SMs rating process ie Whoscored for example

His returns are not as good as Rakitic(just for comparison-as you say you dont play the game)

The factors the for not rising far outweigh the factors for a rise.[/quote']

I'm merely highlighting how 14 games is an insignificant number of games to miss over a period of 3 years.

I'm not comparing Suarez in terms of ratings or performances, don't be so foolish.

I know you have zero knowledge of the Spanish league so you merely dig up stats and numbers. We had the same problem with Weligton not so long ago.

I admire your work in the obscure leagues but your knowledge of the Spanish league is very poor.

after just one season' date=' u put rakitic in 92, then why u dont rise sturridge to the same level too? he has been amazing this year, not only this year, but one year a half. turan should rise in january, if he is spanish, he will rise i believe. how about fabregas rise to 95 in 2008, u havent answered it yet, do u really think he really deserved that 95?[/quote']

mate i said before, 1 season is not enough, but Rakitic has been quality for about 2.5 seasons..

Im a LFC fan, there is no way id put Sturridge at 92 yet. Needs another half season of his form to get 92.

Fabregas, whats your point? he rose in 2008?! I have only played the game since 2010. His medal haul pretty much shows he should maintain his 95 but he is much closer to dropping within the next 6 months unless he plays well for Chelsea.

I'm merely highlighting how 14 games is an insignificant number of games to miss over a period of 3 years.

I'm not comparing Suarez in terms of ratings or performances' date=' don't be so foolish.

I know you have zero knowledge of the Spanish league so you merely dig up stats and numbers. We had the same problem with Weligton not so long ago.

I admire your work in the obscure leagues but your knowledge of the Spanish league is very poor.[/quote']

Ok, take it to 2 seasons. The gulf then becomes 1600mins. about 18 games worth in minutes.

Im not seeing anywhere from anyone arguing why Turan should go up to 92 im just giving the black and white in numbers, and using a comparison player who did go to 92 for your benefit as you dont play the game

& ultimately its a poor league IMO.

;2932541']Ok' date=' take it to 2 seasons. The gulf then becomes 1600mins. about 18 games worth in minutes.

Im not seeing anywhere from anyone arguing why Turan should go up to 92 im just giving the black and white in numbers, and using a comparison player who did go to 92 for your benefit as you dont play the game

& ultimately its a poor league IMO.[/quote']

How has it gone from 14 games in the last 3 seasons to 18 games in the last 2 seasons? That doesn't add up :confused:

;2932530']mate i said before' date=' 1 season is not enough, but Rakitic has been quality for about 2.5 seasons..

Im a LFC fan, there is no way id put Sturridge at 92 yet. Needs another half season of his form to get 92.

Fabregas, whats your point? he rose in 2008?! I have only played the game since 2010. His medal haul pretty much shows he should maintain his 95 but he is much closer to dropping within the next 6 months unless he plays well for Chelsea.[/quote']

fabregas got 95 in 2008, check the soccerwiki. his medal should maintain him 95? so its about medal? then turan medal in altetico in past 3 years didnt enough to get him 92, while rakitic get him 92 while his team only manage to finish 6th, behind athletic that just have 90 rated players as the highest. dont forget, rakitic performance in last of the season dropped, his goal and assists dropped so much, check the statistics by yourself. dont get me wrong, rakitic deserved 92, but i think turan deserve it too. if ur analysis is only about medal, then villa that performed good in atletico should maintain his 93, what the reason he drop to 91? he got many medals in barcelona and even atletico madrid, just because move to new york city? he even got WC calling over llorente and negredo. so basiclly, its about moving to the new club. lambert got 89 after his move to anfield. rakitic got 92 because he is about time to barcelona, if in 3 days, barcelona bid turan for 30million, then i believe within a days he will rise to 92, at that time, u will say he deserve it, because of his comprehensive performance in 3 years.

How has it gone from 14 games in the last 3 seasons to 18 games in the last 2 seasons? That doesn't add up :confused:

and dont forget turan performed very well in champions league, he had been a key player to atletico to reach final, i believe things will be different if he manage to play in the final, i cant believe there is some people who said turan didnt deserve it.

and dont forget turan performed very well in champions league' date=' he had been a key player to atletico to reach final, i believe things will be different if he manage to play in the final, i cant believe there is some people who said turan didnt deserve it.[/quote']

Missing the final shouldn't make a difference. Can't stand people using that as a reason. A player can play every game to reach the final then miss the actual final itself due to injury or suspension.

I posted what i meant and provided links to prove it. again:

If your not going to read my posts in full then its pointless.

League minutes in total.

over the last 2 seasons:

Turan 4092

Rakitic 5671

;2932643']I posted what i meant and provided links to prove it. again:

If your not going to read my posts in full then its pointless.

League minutes in total.

over the last 2 seasons:

Turan 4092

Rakitic 5671

I'm not going to look at the links as I can't be bothered.

Was merely questioning how the total minutes can increase over a reduced period.

fabregas got 95 in 2008' date=' check the soccerwiki. his medal should maintain him 95? so its about medal? then turan medal in altetico in past 3 years didnt enough to get him 92, while rakitic get him 92 while his team only manage to finish 6th, behind athletic that just have 90 rated players as the highest. dont forget, rakitic performance in last of the season dropped, his goal and assists dropped so much, check the statistics by yourself. dont get me wrong, rakitic deserved 92, but i think turan deserve it too. if ur analysis is only about medal, then villa that performed good in atletico should maintain his 93, what the reason he drop to 91? he got many medals in barcelona and even atletico madrid, just because move to new york city? he even got WC calling over llorente and negredo. so basiclly, its about moving to the new club. lambert got 89 after his move to anfield. rakitic got 92 because he is about time to barcelona, if in 3 days, barcelona bid turan for 30million, then i believe within a days he will rise to 92, at that time, u will say he deserve it, because of his comprehensive performance in 3 years.[/quote']

im guessing your pretty new to this game?

winning things is just one factor! there are many many factors to ratings.

Fabregas - look at all the silver ware he won since 2008. I think that is enough to maintain his rating as a regular in a winning team. He played, scored what more should he not do to drop?

What stats of Rakitic dropped? he scored 12 goals and 10 assists this season alone! Turan managed just 3 & 4! And the season before, Rakitic 8 goals 10 assists, Turan 5 & 4 assists!

Rakitic at WC, Turan isnt. Thats another point you make for others.

When you compare Rakitic to Turan and see why one rose and one didnt, its very very obvious! It had no reason to do with a move to Barcalona i think the majority expected a 92 on his form this season for Sevilla, read back on the thread.

Also look at the context of the side on SW. Ath Madrid top rated players are

Diego Costa 93

Gabi 92

Koke 92

Godin 92

why should Turan be in amongst that group when he is hardly on the pitch the same amount as them?

David Villa dropped due to his move to NY City. Its a common thing that happens on SM when very high rated players move to minor leagues. As you said. If Turan moves to Barcelona, no he shoudnt get 92 :o as all the factors ive mentioned over the last couple pages...

;2932653']im guessing your pretty new to this game?

winning things is just one factor! there are many many factors to ratings.

Fabregas - look at all the silver ware he won since 2008. I think that is enough to maintain his rating as a regular in a winning team. He played' date=' scored what more should he not do to drop?

What stats of Rakitic dropped? he scored 12 goals and 10 assists this season alone! Turan managed just 3 & 4! And the season before, Rakitic 8 goals 10 assists, Turan 5 & 4 assists!

Rakitic at WC, Turan isnt. Thats another point you make for others.

When you compare Rakitic to Turan and see why one rose and one didnt, its very very obvious! It had no reason to do with a move to Barcalona i think the majority expected a 92 on his form this season for Sevilla, read back on the thread.

David Villa dropped due to his move to NY City. Its a common thing that happens on SM when very high rated players move to minor leagues. As you said. If Turan moves to Barcelona, no he shoudnt get 92 :o as all the factors ive mentioned over the last couple pages...[/quote']

rakitic half of the season scored 8 goals & 8 assists, after 2014, he only manage to get 4 goals & 4 assists, in europa league he manage to get 2 goals and 3 assists in half of the season, after that he only managed to get 1 goal. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ivan-rakitic/leistungsdaten/spieler/32467 timo werner statistics drop down so much in bundesliga after half of the season, so thats why he didnt manage to rise from his 83, the same is happening to koscielny & mertesacker who dropped his performance after half of the season

as i predicted, you didnt watch atletico match, you just watched his statistics in website, then i wonder, if last time modric didnt manage to get 94, u will say, its fair, he only manage to get 2 goals & 9 assists, comparing to di maria who got 11 goals & 26 assists. moreover, modric just played well in this season, while his two last seasons in madrid was not very convincing, will u say that?

again, turan performance cant be compared with other wingers like di maria, bale or ronaldo, nor even rakitic. he played different role, watch him played vs barcelona in youtube and u will learn more about him. its not only about goals and asissts and ur statistics. its about his role in atletico madrid