Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

So what? Pele had 0 seasons in Europe under his belt. That means diddly squat. At just 22 years of age' date=' he is Brazils talisman and has scored 46 goals in 60 appearances. He has been one of Barcas best and most consistent performers in a bad season and is part of one of the deadliest strike forces in world football. A 94 is fully justified, even more so when you compare it to some other ratings.[/quote']

Think its just you and I that agree he deserves the 94 ;)

Either way, argue away, rightly or wrongly (most rightly IMO) he has it and that is the important thing :D

You don't need to apologise' date=' doesn't bother me either way if you are impressed or not! His club and national manager are impressed though hence the amount of game time he is getting in the best ranked league in Europe for a very good side and for the current European Champions at International level![/quote']

Uhuhu, a championship at u21 (or whatever), what an achievement! His club and his NT side are not really relevant that at the world of football at the moment. His NT even has to naturalize a brazilian striker because they don't have any good ones.

Anyway Neymar rise was undeserved, i too am still waiting for Busquets to drop.

So what? Pele had 0 seasons in Europe under his belt. That means diddly squat. At just 22 years of age' date=' he is Brazils talisman and has scored 46 goals in 60 appearances. He has been one of Barcas best and most consistent performers in a bad season and is part of one of the deadliest strike forces in world football. A 94 is fully justified, even more so when you compare it to some other ratings.[/quote']

Your argument is nonsensical in the fact that you disregard the criteria that the rating system is based upon. Where you play and what league you play is crucial in determining what rating a player is.

Pele could be banging in 50 goals per season in the Brazil league but I bet you he wouldn't exceed the rating cap for the Brazilian league.

Case and point, Luis Suarez in his final season in Ajax scored 49 and yet he couldn't for the life of him break the 91 rating cap for the dutch league.

I give credit where its due, Neymar is phenomenal player for Brazil but he is no where near the 94 bracket when you take in to his domestic achievements particularly in comparison with his 94 counterparts.

Neymar has literally been carried to 94 on hype alone.

He got a +1 after the confederations cup.

He got +1 for signing for Barcelona before kicking a single ball ( Should not have happened)

He got +1 for a good WC and half a good season. His WC performances warranted a rise but his +1 just for signing for Barcelona is just a joke.

Neymar being 93 is already high enough for a player who is yet to establish himself in Europe.

If SM had some sense Neymar should not have rose to 93 before kicking a single ball for Barcelona, he instead should have stayed at 92 and rose to 93 after the last WC which would have been more than fair.

Your argument is nonsensical in the fact that you disregard the criteria that the rating system is based upon. Where you play and what league you play is crucial in determining what rating a player is.

Pele could be banging in 50 goals per season in the Brazil league but I bet you he wouldn't exceed the rating cap for the Brazilian league.

Case and point' date=' Luis Suarez in his final season in Ajax scored 49 and yet he couldn't for the life of him break the 91 rating cap for the dutch league.

I give credit where its due, Neymar is phenomenal player for Brazil but he is no where near the 94 bracket when you take in to his domestic achievements particularly in comparison with his 94 counterparts.

Neymar has literally been carried to 94 on hype alone.

He got a +1 after the confederations cup.

He got +1 for signing for Barcelona before kicking a single ball ( Should not have happened)

He got +1 for a good WC and half a good season. His WC performances warranted a rise but his +1 just for signing for Barcelona is just a joke.

Neymar being 93 is already high enough for a player who is yet to establish himself in Europe.

If SM had some sense Neymar should not have rose to 93 before kicking a single ball for Barcelona, he instead should have stayed at 92 and rose to 93 after the last WC which would have been more than fair.[/quote']

Im not arguing whether he should or should not have rose to 92 or 93. In fact, i was one of the people who argued against it. I am stating that since his last rise, he has done more than enough to grant himself a +1 to 94. What did Cavani achieve to get a 94? What did Suarez achieve to get a 94? He has been performing at a level amongst the 94 rated players on the game and his rating reflects that.

Im not arguing whether he should or should not have rose to 92 or 93. In fact' date=' i was one of the people who argued against it. I am stating that since his last rise, he has done more than enough to grant himself a +1 to 94. What did Cavani achieve to get a 94? What did Suarez achieve to get a 94? He has been performing at a level amongst the 94 rated players on the game and his rating reflects that.[/quote']

Cavani rose on 2 august 2013,so after 2012/2013 season when he scored 29 goals in 33 starts.Also started 4 in UCL and scored 7.

And Suarez...really pal?Suarez's was coming after a very good season with 25 goals and in January when he actually got his 94 he was probably having the best start of season I've ever seen from a player in PL.Single carried Liverpool to a 2nd place in PL and almost won their first title.

Im not arguing whether he should or should not have rose to 92 or 93. In fact' date=' i was one of the people who argued against it. I am stating that since his last rise, he has done more than enough to grant himself a +1 to 94. What did Cavani achieve to get a 94? What did Suarez achieve to get a 94? He has been performing at a level amongst the 94 rated players on the game and his rating reflects that.[/quote']

The difference is Cavani has scored over a 100 career goals in Italy while winning the Copa Italia with Napoli. He has won three trophies in his first season with PSG while having an impressive goal scoring ratio of 25 goals in 43 games in his first season.

Your argument also ignores the fact that Suarez has picked up trophies in Holland scoring an impressive 81 goals in 110 games. He then managed to score 69 goals in 110 games for Liverpool, in one of the most competitive leagues in the world with his performances in his last season almost guiding Liverpool to their first title in over 20 years.

Suarez has been phenomenal Internationally and this can be demonstrated by the Copa America 2011 win which he stared in.

Neymar in contrast has achieved a 94 rating for scoring 21 goals for Barcelona having attained a 91 at Santos. You can not achieve a +3 just for International performances alone.

In comparison he has been handed a 94.

Muller and Aguero also come to mind. Falcao prior to Monaco is another prominent example.

Going off topic here but can Saul Niguez keep his defensive position long term? Like a Mascherano. Or will he be defensive mid only?

Don't think so, he should've had a position change already. Mascherano plays CB or DM very often, i doubt Saul will ever play CB for Atlético as they have a very good set of CB's.

Going off topic here but can Saul Niguez keep his defensive position long term? Like a Mascherano. Or will he be defensive mid only?

Well,Saul's primary pos is CM.And his secondary positions are DM and CB sometimes.Tbh, you can never tell how things go.As you said, even with Mascherano while we all thought he'd be a solid DM,I don't know how many people could predict that he would be able to get so many playtime as a CB.Formations are complicated and can be so flexible these days.The positions of CM/DM are pretty close so I think he can keep his DM pos (and will probably lose his CB one).Although in my head Atletico will try to get a new Koke version out of him as Koke will sooner or later leave the club.

Well' date='Saul's primary pos is CM.And his secondary positions are DM and CB sometimes.Tbh, you can never tell how things go.As you said, even with Mascherano while we all thought he'd be a solid DM,I don't know how many people could predict that he would be able to get so many playtime as a CB.Formations are complicated and can be so flexible these days.The positions of CM/DM are pretty close so I think he can keep his DM pos (and will probably lose his CB one).[b']Although in my head Atletico will try to get a new Koke version out of him as Koke will sooner or later leave the club[/b].

I think they are expecting that from Oliver Torres actually, but hey they can have two!

Don't think so' date=' he should've had a position change already. Mascherano plays CB or DM very often, i doubt Saul will ever play CB for Atlético as they have a very good set of CB's.[/quote']
Well' date='Saul's primary pos is CM.And his secondary positions are DM and CB sometimes.Tbh, you can never tell how things go.As you said, even with Mascherano while we all thought he'd be a solid DM,I don't know how many people could predict that he would be able to get so many playtime as a CB.Formations are complicated and can be so flexible these days.The positions of CM/DM are pretty close so I think he can keep his DM pos (and will probably lose his CB one).Although in my head Atletico will try to get a new Koke version out of him as Koke will sooner or later leave the club.[/quote']

If he does lose it I hope others who don't play CB lose it to. For example Capoue he hasn't played there for years if I'm not mistaken. But I wouldn't be surprised if SM keeps Capoue's CB just because he has the typical physique of a CB unlike Saul.

Or maybe they will both keep hold of it :P

Re: Riferimento: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Came to say this just' date=' since when do SM drop players because they were injured for a short period?

Should be reversed,

neymar is easy 94[/quote']

Injured for a time but more so without a club he dropped. I can't argue he's not a 94 player Neymar or deserved a +1 but that plus 1 should have been to 93 he's one rating above where he should beas they rose him by to much to quickly.

I also think it's short' date=' a -2 would be the right call imo.

Also, I believe Pedro's drop is pretty harsh, his last season's stats were amazing.

His stats this season are also good. But he ain't a youngster... :rolleyes:[/quote']

He should just leave like Alexis did. He's not good enough for Barca but too good to be wasted on the bench.

He should just leave like Alexis did. He's not good enough for Barca but too good to be wasted on the bench.

But both Alexis and Pedro were better than Neymar, last season (at least in club competitions). :confused:

They're just not as young... :o

Now Neymar has grown considerably as a player. And yes, I believe Pedro should leave, like Alexis did.

But both Alexis and Pedro were better than Neymar' date=' last season (at least in club competitions). :confused:

They're just not as young... :o

Now Neymar has grown considerably as a player. And yes, I believe Pedro should leave, like Alexis did.[/quote']

Like Guillem Balague summed it up last season, no matter how well Pedro plays or works for this team, he does not have the playboy Brazilian wonderkid image that Neymar has that enhances him as part of this Barcelona side, and no matter how poorly Neymar would play his 'brand' will always get picked ahead of the hard working players like Alexis and Pedro.