Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

Juanfran could rise, the whole Atléti team should be rated 1 (Koke, Arda, Griezmann) or in some cases 2 (Godín) or even 4 (Giménez) higher than they are.

Do you say Otamendi will rise? Or is the Valencia review done?

he's a class above Mustafi so I'd be amazed if he (as well as Paco Alcacer & Dani Parejo) didn't get +1's tomorrow.

Do you say Otamendi will rise? Or is the Valencia review done?

he's a class above Mustafi so I'd be amazed if he (as well as Paco Alcacer & Dani Parejo) didn't get +1's tomorrow.

Otamendi rose on 24th May and that's the only reason that he may not right' date=' I think they'll give it to him though due to all the transfer rumours.

I'd also be amazed if Paco Alcacer got a +1 to 90!

Jose Gimenez gonna be 90? if yeah I'm the happier one!

Gimenez to 90 is a bit too much too soon imo, no player should get 90 for half (he started 19 games) a season of great performances... unless they score a hatrick each game :P I think 82 > 88/89 would be good for now. I wouldn't be against 89 > 91 in next season's mid-season review though if he continues his performances.

Otamendi rose on 24th May and that's the only reason that he may not right' date=' I think they'll give it to him though due to all the transfer rumours.

Gimenez to 90 is a bit too much too soon imo, no player should get 90 for half (he started 19 games) a season of great performances... unless they score a hatrick each game :P I think 82 > 88/89 would be good for now. I wouldn't be against 89 > 91 in next season's mid-season review though if he continues his performances. [/quote']

I know that Laporte have been playing for about 3 seasons now, and has a lot more playing time than Gimenez, but i actually would prefer to see Gimenez at 90 Laporte. But he's been playing a much higher level IMO.

Otamendi rose on 24th May and that's the only reason that he may not right' date=' I think they'll give it to him though due to all the transfer rumours.[/quote']

yeah but that 90 was LONG overdue. they've done quick double jumps before when they've messed up holding a high rating back. I believe Alexis got one.

why? he's done very well for Valencia as they made top 4 and he's constantly scored when called on for Spain.

Gimenez to 90 is a bit too much too soon imo, no player should get 90 for half (he started 19 games) a season of great performances... unless they score a hatrick each game :P I think 82 > 88/89 would be good for now. I wouldn't be against 89 > 91 in next season's mid-season review though if he continues his performances.

I know you don't watch La Liga, but it's not half a season of great performances. he started this last season, showing his ability in the couple of games he played for Atleti. then he displaced Lugano during the World Cup. now this season he's come in when required and has been so good they happily sold Miranda to Inter. he's now starting CB for club & country. was immense in the Copa America too.

I don't think you realise just how good he's been. look at whoscored's top 10 performers in La Liga in 14-15: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/5435/Stages/11363/PlayerStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2014-2015

yeah but that 90 was LONG overdue. they've done quick double jumps before when they've messed up holding a high rating back. I believe Alexis got one.

why? he's done very well for Valencia as they made top 4 and he's constantly scored when called on for Spain.

I know you don't watch La Liga' date=' but it's not half a season of great performances. he started this last season, showing his ability in the couple of games he played for Atleti. then he displaced Lugano during the World Cup. now this season he's come in when required and has been so good they happily sold Miranda to Inter. he's now starting CB for club & country. was immense in the Copa America too.

I don't think you realise just how good he's been. look at whoscored's top 10 performers in La Liga in 14-15: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206...Liga-2014-2015

Oh yeah, I was just saying that as a possible explanatiion if he didn't rise (he got 91 this morning :D).

Paco also got +1 to 90 which is surprising to me. Seriously, look at the list of 90 rated strikers and name me one that has achieved less than Paco, you'll struggle. The CL finish definitely means a lot in this review though with 90s everywhere for Lazio, Sevilla and Valencia. Congrats on your correct prediction though :)

I do watch La Liga, I just don' watch the 'little' teams unless they're getting hit for 6 by Real/Barca :P He only played twice for Atletico in 13/14 and displacing Lugano doesn't take much, he couldn't get in the WBA team! Being in the top 10 performers list is impressive but he still shouldn't really now only be level with the likes of Laporte and Marquinhos yet. I know that he'll go onto be one of the world's best defenders but who knows, he could get an injury and not be the same player when fit. This is just my opinion, I'm sure SM would have no problem giving a young player 90 so easily though!

Cam, do you have an opinion on Gimenez? I'd be interested to hear :P

like I said:

those three are well worth their +1's.

shame they only did 3 players in a day... making us wait for Atleti!

they're clearly shifting the ratings scale to be a bit more generous than they used to be, which is good IMO because they used to be weirdly stingy with non-PL players. makes me feel hopeful for Giménez to get 89/90 and Busquets & Neymar to get 96. all of which are deserved but would require SM to be "generous" with their rises, which so far they have been. unless your name is Paul Pogba anyway.

what you lads think? Giménez to 89/90 and Busquets & Neymar to 96, given how generous they've been so far... probable? not probable?

Paco also got +1 to 90 which is surprising to me. Seriously' date=' look at the list of 90 rated strikers and name me one that has achieved less than Paco, you'll struggle. The CL finish definitely means a lot in this review though with 90s everywhere for Lazio, Sevilla and Valencia. Congrats on your correct prediction though :)[/quote']

like I said, it seems they're shifting the scales.

90 now appears to be the level for the final CL place finish, regardless of league. I like that tbh, it's the bottom level of the elite just like the final CL spot is. a good fit!

(also Sevilla got their generosity because they just retained the Europa League AGAIN, you can't deny how impressive an achievement that was).

I do watch La Liga, I just don' watch the 'little' teams unless they're getting hit for 6 by Real/Barca :P He only played twice for Atletico in 13/14 and displacing Lugano doesn't take much, he couldn't get in the WBA team! Being in the top 10 performers list is impressive but he still shouldn't really now only be level with the likes of Laporte and Marquinhos yet. I know that he'll go onto be one of the world's best defenders but who knows, he could get an injury and not be the same player when fit. This is just my opinion, I'm sure SM would have no problem giving a young player 90 so easily though!

he's achieved more & shone brighter in his small amount of games than Laporte has. I love Laporte but the time to give him 90 was a year ago, since then his level hasn't been as high and Athletic have been carried this season by Aduriz's goals. a strange time to give the kid his boost, but there ya go.

and all Marquinhos has on Giménez is the Titles won with PSG (though, I mean, it's PSG) so if that's the reason Giménez doesn't get 90 then I could maybe live with it. though really I'd argue you just give Marquinhos 91 in that instance, rather than deny the kid his due. but maybe an 89 now and a 90 in six months? that seems most likely tbh.

hahaha Super Generous Sm ? ok go neymar +2 B)

hahahaaaaaaa I'M SAYIN'! they better do it. Busquets 96 too.

The ratings used to be super-high around 2009/10 when they added rating history, Torres and Rooney 96 and Gerrard 97 just to name a few! Granted they were great players back then (Rooney still is) but comparing that to the current ratings of the best players makes me laugh :)

It's not surprising that he's 'achieved more' and played better in a much better team with one of the best defenders (and compatriot) alongside him. Marquinhos also has 77 more appearances (I DID THE MATH!) in major club competitions than Gimenez and while I'm sure Marquinhos has had a few bad games, he has proved to be a quality defender over multiple seasons. I was hoping for SM to give Marquinhos 91 myself but I wasn't really expecting it.

I think in overall what I'm trying to say is; if Gimenez gets 88/89, no one should be complaining. If he gets 90, they should start the reviews over again! :P Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow.

The ratings used to be super-high around 2009/10 when they added rating history' date=' Torres and Rooney 96 and Gerrard 97 just to name a few! Granted they were great players back then (Rooney still is) but comparing that to the current ratings of the best players makes me laugh :)[/quote']

HA! yeah those were the days. Cambiasso and De Rossi got 94's for basically nothing. De Rossi is STILL only 93 despite playing at a 90-level for a couple of years now (meanwhile Xavi dropped from 96-91 in less than a year, LOL).

I like the way the very top-tier is structured right now, except that Cristiano is 99 when he should be one below Messi because there IS a difference between them.

I would put him down to 98 (or Messi up to 100 if it's possible) and then have 97 (and maybe 98) as a "free" spot to signify how much better those two are than everyone else.

96 is the very top-tier world-class undisputed at their position (should be Neuer, Busquets, Robben, Neymar & Suárez).

95-94 is the majority of world-class guys. Iniesta is 96 now but will be among these guys in 6 months. he was great in big games last season but consistency-wise didn't dominate and doesn't really deserve 96. he'll keep it now because, I mean, he won the Treble, but in the next changes I reckon he drops to 95. he could step it up obviously but that's my feeling.

93 is low-level and/or unproven world-class guys (which is why Godín, Pepe & Mascherano being 93 is a joke but we've been over this before, lol).

92-91 are players just entering (or exiting e.g. Totti) that world-class bracket. or guys that are really great but just not as dominant as you'd want from an elite player.

90 is just a great & consistent player.

those categories don't apply to goalkeepers tho. they seem to have a whole scale of their own which, bar Neuer being right at the top, doesn't make all that much sense given how low it rates Courtois & De Gea despite those two being magnificent for the last two years, behind only Neuer in terms of dominance.

HA! yeah those were the days. Cambiasso and De Rossi got 94's for basically nothing. De Rossi is STILL only 93 despite playing at a 90-level for a couple of years now (meanwhile Xavi dropped from 96-91 in less than a year' date=' LOL).

I like the way the very top-tier is structured right now, except that Cristiano is 99 when he should be one below Messi because there IS a difference between them.

I would put him down to 98 (or Messi up to 100 if it's possible) and then have 97 (and maybe 98) as a "free" spot to signify how much better those two are than everyone else.

96 is the very top-tier world-class undisputed at their position (should be Neuer, Busquets, Robben, Neymar & Suárez).

95-94 is the majority of world-class guys. Iniesta is 96 now but will be among these guys in 6 months. he was great in big games last season but consistency-wise didn't dominate and doesn't really deserve 96. he'll keep it now because, I mean, he won the Treble, but in the next changes I reckon he drops to 95. he could step it up obviously but that's my feeling.

93 is low-level and/or unproven world-class guys (which is why Godín, Pepe & Mascherano being 93 is a joke but we've been over this before, lol).

92-91 are players just entering (or exiting e.g. Totti) that world-class bracket. or guys that are really great but just not as dominant as you'd want from an elite player.

90 is just a great & consistent player.

those categories don't apply to goalkeepers tho. they seem to have a whole scale of their own which, bar Neuer being right at the top, doesn't make all that much sense given how low it rates Courtois & De Gea despite those two being magnificent for the last two years, behind only Neuer in terms of dominance.[/quote']

Your first sentence is enough to make the rest of your post completely worthless.

Just so you know, Esteban Cambiasso is one of the best midfielders ever to grace the Serie A, and that alongside some other "legends".

Daniele de Rossi is one of two reasons as to why Roma have always been fighting for titles over the years.

Your first sentence is enough to make the rest of your post completely worthless.

Just so you know' date=' Esteban Cambiasso is one of the best midfielders ever to grace the Serie A, and that alongside some other "legends".[/quote']

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cucho was amazing, definitely had a lot of talent and was a big part of Inter's Treble (so ok maybe 94 was fair for a while) but he had no consistency and beating up on a Calciopoli'd Serie A does not entitle one to a massive rating that takes forever and a day to drop. especially when Xavi, the greatest central midfielder of all-time, drops like a stone from 96 to 91 inside of a year. Cucho is most definitely NOT "one of the best midfielders ever to grace the Serie A" unless you're only counting the last 10 years.

Daniele de Rossi is one of two reasons as to why Roma have always been fighting for titles over the years.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

De Rossi isn't the reason for diddley squat. Roma look better without him and have for years. Strootman, Nainggolan, Pjanic... all make Roma play better than De Rossi.

NEXT.

To bring the topic back to La Liga ratings discussion.

Rafinha 1.695' minutes 2 goals 3 assists in all competitions

Sergi Roberto: 926' minutes 2 goals 1 assist in all competitions

With the current over generous review would you agree they have a chance at a +2 and +1 respectively?

These stats did happen for a treble winning side, and both players are extremely talented