Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Pique isnt on the same level as Godin lol' date='not at all.Pique did well this season but 94 is a bit high,his max should be 93(but no he had to get an 95 only because Puyol was a beast all the time ...)

Also,what the ****,Neymar getting another +1,he should have stayed as 94 at max xd,expected to see Suarez hitting 96 but i guess he could get it in the winter review.[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHA pique -2 ? ok go ramos -2 and godin 98 is good ? neymar stay 94 ? hahahahaha

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

until last season Bravo was inconsistent at best, if you ever watched him for La Real or Chile you'd know that. 89 was a fair rating. he's been incredible since signing for Barcelona, for damn sure, but it has only been one season and remember he didn't play a single minute of the Copa or CL. if he keeps up this level of play THEN he'll deserve a 92 in the winter changes, but for now 91 is a fair rating for him.

go pique busquet alba and suarez +1

that's what they gotta do. I'd also raise Mascherano but that'll never happen.

I don't understand what the fuss is with Pique... he's now rated the same as Diego Godin. As anyone *actually* arguing that he should be rated higher?

no, Piqué shouldn't be rated higher than Godín.

but then Godín should have gotten 95 a year ago.

both should be 95. with Ramos & Thiago Silva they are the best defenders in the world by a clear distance.

only Miranda, Bonucci, Chiellini and Mascherano come close. maybe Boateng too if you want to be generous, but he's quite inconsistent.

until last season Bravo was inconsistent at best' date=' if you ever watched him for La Real or Chile you'd know that. 89 was a fair rating. he's been incredible since signing for Barcelona, for damn sure, but it has only been one season and remember he didn't play a single minute of the Copa or CL. if he keeps up this level of play THEN he'll deserve a 92 in the winter changes, but for now 91 is a fair rating for him.

[/quote']

I'm not so sure about this. He was pretty consistent for Sociedad. And yes, I did watch him for La Real and for Chile. La Liga and Copa America/South American World Cup Qualifiers are, alongside MLS, England, Champions League and Brasileirao, the main leagues I watch.

no' date=' Piqué shouldn't be rated higher than Godín.

but then Godín should have gotten 95 a year ago.

both should be 95. with Ramos & Thiago Silva they are the best defenders in the world by a clear distance.

only Miranda, Bonucci, Chiellini and Mascherano come close. maybe Boateng too if you want to be generous, but he's quite inconsistent.[/quote']

You're being generous with Miranda. He was a walking calamity for us last season.

I'm not so sure about this. He was pretty consistent for Sociedad. And yes' date=' I did watch him for La Real and for Chile. La Liga and Copa America/South American World Cup Qualifiers are, alongside MLS, England, Champions League and Brasileirao, the main leagues I watch.[/quote']

I dunno, he was good but... he never seemed top quality. you could see how good he was with his feet and that he was a brilliant leader, but he was very weak with shots from range and often reacted too slowly as well (the kind of mistake he made against Sevilla last season was common for him). working with de la Fuente has really improved him though. like I said... I expect he'll continue this level of form, so a 92 next changes will be fair.

You're being generous with Miranda. He was a walking calamity for us last season.

it was his worst season for you guys, for sure, but he still had some really incredible runs of form. and man, what a monster in the three previous campaigns. was better than Godín really (tho Godín moved ahead of him in the last month of 13-14). so I'm probably thinking in terms of that.

I dunno' date=' he was good but... he never seemed top quality. you could see how good he was with his feet and that he was a brilliant leader, but he was very weak with shots from range and often reacted too slowly as well (the kind of mistake he made against Sevilla last season was common for him). working with de la Fuente has really improved him though. like I said... I expect he'll continue this level of form, so a 92 next changes will be fair.

it was his worst season for you guys, for sure, but he still had some really incredible runs of form. and man, what a monster in the three previous campaigns. was better than Godín really (tho Godín moved ahead of him in the last month of 13-14). so I'm probably thinking in terms of that.[/quote']

He was always more mistake prone than Godin; he just had a way of making up for them before this season. The rise of Gimenez also played against Miranda; fans have less patience when there's an absolute stud on the bench, something we never had with Alderweireld. + Godin had international experience.

I will however agree with your assessment of Bravo. Still think a 92 would not have been unreasonable, but I can see why 91 is fair as well.

Godin 94 is good' date=' but 95 no !! not treble not CL therefore 95 impossible ! ramos and pique 95 yes ( big prizelist, 3 CL, 2008-2012 euro, world cup 2010, they win everything so godin 1 Liga (13-14) that's it. 94 max for godin is good as kompany,chielini..[/quote']

Godin has been top 5 (if not 3) central back in the world for quiet some time now. Be crowned champion in Spain without playing in Real Madrid or Barcelona, pretty much sums it up, the level of Godin. To that 1 liga you have to add a Copa America too tho i agree that 95 is probably a but too much but 94 has been desearved for quiet some time

Godin 94 is good' date=' but 95 no !! not treble not CL therefore 95 impossible ! ramos and pique 95 yes ( big prizelist, 3 CL, 2008-2012 euro, world cup 2010, they win everything so godin 1 Liga (13-14) that's it. 94 max for godin is good as kompany,chielini..[/quote']

Godin has won a Liga title with Atletico Madrid and a Copa America with a nation of 3 million people. He has also reached the World Cup Semifinals and the Champions League finals with fairly poor clubs. He is a much better player than Pique or Ramos. Just because the man is loyal doesn't mean he cannot compete. The only central defender in the world who would be picked alongside Godin if you had to build a club from scratch would be Thiago Silva.

If we are picking ratings based off CLs and trebles, then I missed the memo. Pepe to 95!

Godin has won a Liga title with Atletico Madrid and a Copa America with a nation of 3 million people. He has also reached the World Cup Semifinals and the Champions League finals with fairly poor clubs. He is a much better player than Pique or Ramos. Just because the man is loyal doesn't mean he cannot compete. The only central defender in the world who would be picked alongside Godin if you had to build a club from scratch would be Thiago Silva.

no' date=' Godín is not "much better than them" - I mean if anyone is the best defender ON FORM it's Piqué, but really those four you mention are the standout defenders and should be rated as such.

and please let's not do a medal count because Piqué's collection is enormous (and bar the 07-08 league title & 2007 community shield he played an important part in every single triumph) and it'll just make Godín, Ramos & T-Silva look like chumps, which they emphatically are not.

If we are picking ratings based off CLs and trebles, then I missed the memo. Pepe to 95!

Pepe has 1 CL. Piqué has 4. 2 of which were won as part of trebles. come on, you're not that dumb.

no' date=' Godín is not "much better than them" - I mean if anyone is the best defender ON FORM it's Piqué, but really those four you mention are the standout defenders and should be rated as such.

and please let's not do a medal count because Piqué's collection is enormous (and bar the 07-08 league title & 2007 community shield he played an important part in every single triumph) and it'll just make Godín, Ramos & T-Silva look like chumps, which they emphatically are not.

Pepe has 1 CL. Piqué has 4. 2 of which were won as part of trebles. come on, you're not that dumb.[/quote']

You are taking my argument the wrong way. My argument is Godin 95, Pique 94, Pepe 91. The reference to Pepe was to put the "CL/titles" argument in perspective. My whole point is to not count titles because if you counted titles, some of the worlds best all time players would look like chumps. Take someone like Matt Le Tissier or, more recently, Diego Forlan, who have a very bare trophy cabinet.

Edit: Those of us who defend Godin do tend to do it aggressively because of just how shunned he is by media. Not on the 25 man shortlist for 2014 player of the year despite leading Atletico to a title and performing incredibly at the World Cup? Not nominated for best defender in the 2013-14 La Liga season? Behind David Luiz as CB on UEFA's team of 2014? These are all absolute jokes, and that's why we tend to get upset over lack of recognition. I do recognize that you do not share the LFP and UEFA's underrating of Godin, no worries.

You are taking my argument the wrong way. My argument is Godin 95' date=' Pique 94, Pepe 91. The reference to Pepe was to put the "CL/titles" argument in perspective. My whole point is to not count titles because if you counted titles, some of the worlds best all time players would look like chumps. Take someone like Matt Le Tissier or, more recently, Diego Forlan, who have a very bare trophy cabinet.[/quote']

yeah, I get you. yeah one cannot place too much importance on Titles, but Piqué is worthy of a 95 based on his performances too, as is Godín.

Edit: Those of us who defend Godin do tend to do it aggressively because of just how shunned he is by media. Not on the 25 man shortlist for 2014 player of the year despite leading Atletico to a title and performing incredibly at the World Cup? Not nominated for best defender in the 2013-14 La Liga season? Behind David Luiz as CB on UEFA's team of 2014? These are all absolute jokes, and that's why we tend to get upset over lack of recognition. I do recognize that you do not share the LFP and UEFA's underrating of Godin, no worries.

believe me my friend, I was furious when they left him off the Ballon d'Or shortlist! he should have been top 5 in the shortlist for sure. I've been defending him on here (and in real life) for ages, I'm a big fan of him as a defender and despite all he's achieved he's still criminally underrated. going to be so good watching he & Giménez grow together for club & country!

I decided to have a crack at the La Liga upgrades that I think/hope will happen in the next couple of weeks. I don't watch a huge amount of Spanish football so I'm basing these on what I've seen' date=' what I've read and what the stats show. I've only done the top 10 so far, may do the bottom 10 sometime but it's a lot of effort when you haven't heard of half the players before :P

Barcelona:

Bravo 90 > 91

Ter Stegen 89 > 90

Mathieu 90 > 91 x

Alba 92 > 93 x (Maybe tomorrow)

Rakitic 92 > 93

Rafinha 87 > 88 x (Maybe tomorrow)

Neymar 94 > 95

Real Madrid:

Varane 90 > 91

James Rodriguez 92 > 93

Isco 91 > 92

Atletico Madrid:

Oblak 87 > 88

Gimenez 86 > 88

Tiago 89 > 90

Saul 87 > 88 x

Griezmann 91 > 92

Valencia:

Diego Alves 90 > 91

Cancelo 80 > 82

Mustafi 88 > 89 x 90!

Barragan 87 > 88

Javi Fuego 88 > 89

de Paul 85 > 86

Dani Parejo 90 > 91

Andre Gomes 88 > 89 x 90!

Jose Gaya 86 > 88 x 89!

Piatti 88 > 89 x

Sevilla:

Figueiras 86 > 87

Carrico 88 > 89

Kolodziejczak 87 > 88

Krychowiak 88 > 89 x 90!

Denis Suarez 86 > 87

Vitolo 88 > 89 x 90!

Bacca 90 > 91

Villarreal:

Mario Gaspar 88 > 89 x

Jaume Costa 87 > 88

Bailly 82 > 85 x 83 (I misread when he was last reviewed)

J. dos Santos 86 > 87

Cheryshev 87 > 88 x

Moi Gomez 86 > 87

Sergio Marcos 78 > 82 x 80

Vietto 87 > 89 x 88

Gerard Moreno 85 > 86 x 87!

Athletic Club:

San Jose 88 > 89 x

Etxeita 85 > 87 x 86

Balenziaga 88 > 89 x

De Marcos 88 > 89 x

Ager Aketxe 80 > 82 x

Unai Lopez 82 > 84 x 83

Aduriz 89 > 90

Viguera 85 > 86 x

Guillermo Fernandez 82 > 84 x

Inaki Williams 78 > 84 x 85!

Celta Vigo:

Sergio Alvarez 85 > 87

Jonny Castro 86 > 87

Sergi Gomez 83 > 85 x

Cabral 86 > 87

Pablo Hernandez 86 > 87 x

Radoja 85 > 86

Orellana 87 > 88 x

Santi Mina 82 > 85

Nolito 88 > 89

Malaga:

Kameni 86 > 87

Recio 86 > 87

Ricardo Horta 85 > 87 x

Samu 85 > 87

Espanyol:

Victor Alvarez 83 > 85

Abraham 84 > 85 x

Lucas Vazquez 85 > 86 x 87! (Moving to Real helped)

I'm 100% sure I've missed some obvious ones too, hopefully this helps rather than having people ask the same question when the answer is above their post!

Enjoy :)

With La Liga possibly over, I wanted to review my predictions and though I might as well share with you guys too. Sorry it's not the most readable. I'm pretty happy with that :)