Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Pele is famous for terrible predictions and opinions' date=' so maybe he's not the best example to use here, my friend!

they really wouldn't. Mascherano literally says things like "for Barcelona's style of play it's better Busquets plays than me." no one talks like that, man. and this is no shrinking violet this is one of the most fierce competitors in the world. I cannot emphasise how important Busquets is to Barcelona. I've listed everything the club/he has won since entering pro football... do you really think that it's a coincidence one of the first things Guardiola did at Barcelona was establish Busquets as a defensive midfielder? and how [i']good[/i] Barcelona have been since?

you put anyone else in that role and suddenly Barcelona have a weakness somewhere - be it passing, defensive mobility, whatever, there will be a weakness and that will hugely damage the team given how important that role is to both the defensive organisation of the side and the build-up of attacking play (there's a reason they call it a pivot). no one can do everything Busquets does. he covers his team-mates, he presses and he orchestrates Barcelona's play. he's ridiculous.

Lahm adapted very well and probably yeah, was the closest thing to Busquets out there. but the physical toll of playing that role broke him down didn't it? had a big injury last season. and now he's been moved back to a wide role for this season according to Guardiola.

Aguero is world-class and one of my favourite players to watch but the only players who could give Barcelona the same skillset Suárez does were Eto'o from 2008-2011 and Falcao from 2009-2013. that's not to say another striker won't come along someday and offer the same combo of talents Suárez does, but right now no other #9 has the physicality, vision, skills and big game prowess that Suárez does. the closest, bar Eto'o and Falcao, was probably Diego Costa from 2013-14 (before his hamstring went) but he didn't have the same deftness of touch & vision that Suárez does.

I mean, again, Barcelona could put another world-class #9 in there but they'd lose elements of play and weaknesses would appear. admittedly Suárez isn't as important as Busquets, it's likely they could still win a fair amount with a different world-class #9, but I wouldn't bet on them being anywhere near as spectacularly dominant as they were last season.

re: Neymar... he's ridiculous. he'll be the second best player in the world in a year or two. he'll not rack up the number of goals Cristiano does bc he won't have that status at Barcelona, but he is an absolutely incredible footbaling talent.

he was poor, like everyone bar Iniesta & Koke. none of them looked fit or physically up for a challenge. I don't know if you blame that on Del Bosque or their club coaches (the physical issue definitely has to be aimed at Tata Martino for the Barcelona players) but none of them looked themselves. Busquets was mostly bypassed really - if you look at the Dutch and Chilean goals 99% of the blame goes to Casillas and the defenders - and sure he was one of the better performers in the squad but really, bar Iniesta & Koke (& Diego Costa who ran his heart out but simply wasn't fit) I wouldn't rate any of them more than 4/10 for their performances so that's hardly a compliment.

When Xavi & Iniesta were in their prime, they were irreplaceable. they've gotten older though, and their decreased level has made them replaceable. no CM's are anywhere near the level those two reached in their peak tho. I mean like, not even a little bit close. Xavi especially was the chief architect of a four-year period of dominance in club & international football the likes of which we have NEVER SEEN. EVER.

Alves is basically a right back, central midfielder and right winger all in one. you're right he's a poor defender when playing a "defensive" role but his tackling & pressing is actually elite level stuff. he just does it mostly high up the pitch. he's ideal for Barcelona tho and his combination with Messi is fantastic. going to be interesting to see if Aleix Vidal can recreate even a little bit of that. he certainly has the pace!

I'll offer my opinions but I'll always be both generous and then critical when SM don't share my generosity! you and Cam will always be more in tune with what those boys are up to!

watching Busquets videos is always a fabulous way to spend your time. this is a beauty, mostly based on one game, but still a great watch:

I spent enough time reading that, let alone trying to type a reply :P You're definitely passionate about your opinions, I'll give you that! Hopefully, Busquets will get injured for a long period or leave and then we can see how successful Barca are. I don't know about you but it's nice to read other peoples opinions even if you disagree :)

P.S. Do you split the quotes up manually or is there some button I'm missing?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

I spent enough time reading that' date=' let alone trying to type a reply :P You're definitely passionate about your opinions, I'll give you that! Hopefully, Busquets will get injured for a long period or leave and then we can see how successful Barca are. I don't know about you but it's nice to read other peoples opinions even if you disagree :)

P.S. Do you split the quotes up manually or is there some button I'm missing? [/quote']

Manually 10chars

because I don't want Cam to get upset about "off-topic" discussion, I'll say this here:

so Alexis and Kane both get their correct ratings done a few days late after getting screwed on the initial pass.

meanwhile Alba, Busquets, Neymar, Suárez, Godín & Borja Bastón also got screwed on the initial pass but get no recompense? I know Godín rose but he's been operating at a 95 level for ages and should have finally reached that level at this change cycle.

so why didn't the La Liga players get the same kind of justice that Alexis and Kane got?

also, for club and country in 2014-15:

Eden Hazard: 60 games, 13 goals, 7 penalties, 12 assists: 1 league title, 1 league cup

Luis Suárez: 46 games, 29 goals, 0 penalties, 20 assists, 1 league title, 1 copa del rey, 1 champions league

Neymar: 62 games, 47 goals, 1 penalty, 10 assists, 1 league title, 1 copa del rey, 1 champions league

and for direct comparison vs. PSG:

Eden Hazard: 2 games, 0 goals, 1 penalty, 0 assists. knocked out in EF.

​Luis Suárez: 3 games, 3 goals, 0 penalties, 1 assist. won h2h in groups, progressed in QF.

Neymar: 4 games, 5 goals, 0 penalties, 0 assists. won h2h in groups, progressed in QF.

yet they're all rated 95.

now obviously there's more to football than goals & assists, and Hazard was great, so maybe you can justify him being 95. ok fine. but then you surely have to raise Suárez and Neymar to 96. Suárez and Neymar's individual achievements far outstrip Hazard's, even since the last ratings changes, and if Hazard is worthy of a +1 bump, then Neymar is worthy of a +2, and Suárez a +1 (as he was rated 95 already).

I wonder if SM is going to address this issue now, like they did when they addressed the Alexis and Kane mistakes.

because I don't want Cam to get upset about "off-topic" discussion' date=' I'll say this here:

so Alexis and Kane both get their correct ratings done a few days late after getting screwed on the initial pass.

meanwhile Alba, Busquets, Neymar, Suárez, Godín & Borja Bastón also got screwed on the initial pass but get no recompense? I know Godín rose but he's been operating at a 95 level for ages and should have finally reached that level at this change cycle.

so why didn't the La Liga players get the same kind of justice that Alexis and Kane got?[/quote']

1 last crack at this. I'm not going to go for a huge in depth response here sue to having a big as to-do-list today and ill be murdered if I don't fix the house up. I'm not sure I would have put Sanchez staying as a massive injustice but i agree after the Copa it would have been unfair, Kane staying would have been straight up nonsense obviously. Now Godin and Neymar are not even remotely on the list. Both got rises. Both were not close to screwed. Neymar a very outside chance for a +2 but if i were to hold a poll (feel free to do this if you actually want to) I think you would find a Vast majority of people are very satisfied with Neymar at 95. Some might even argue lower due to a previous undeserved rise which i agree with (the rise to Barca) but I'm not going there as it is irrelevant as I've mentioned past is past i only judge on the window for the current review, In that time Neymar and Godin deserved rises 100% and got them.

Suarez, Alba and Biscuits. Could all of them rose? Certainly. Would the census be happy with 93,96,96 respectively? I don't think you would find a massive complaint base. Were any of them Screwed? Id say none on Kane's level of no way could they not... I think all of them could count themselves unlucky in the way a coin toss flips the opposite of what you call. It was always a chance but you knew you could just as easily miss out and no one is shocked or upset either way as a general whole You already know id have given Alba and Suarez the rises so its not my personal opinion they stayed, But the massive cry foul that's going on and on just inst justified compare to most public opinion as far as i can tell. N.B Again I don't pretend to speak for everyone I'm just surmising from every post in these rating threads.

Now Baston... Baston is in between Sanchez and Kane. I think Baston is not quite on the absolute Armageddon level of Kane not getting a rise, but he certainly has been Gipped and certainly should have gotten at least a +1 to recognise his efforts.

Overall my point here is although some could and some didn't I think on the whole with the people we are mentioning here Barring Baston, No one got an inconceivable rise nor did anyone get incomprehensibly left behind. Id be more surprised with a Henderson +1. like wth did he do to get that!

Cam

1 last crack at this. I'm not going to go for a huge in depth response here sue to having a big as to-do-list today and ill be murdered if I don't fix the house up. I'm not sure I would have put Sanchez staying as a massive injustice but i agree after the Copa it would have been unfair' date=' Kane staying would have been straight up nonsense obviously. Now Godin and Neymar are not even remotely on the list. Both got rises. Both were not close to screwed. Neymar a very outside chance for a +2 but if i were to hold a poll (feel free to do this if you actually want to) I think you would find a Vast majority of people are very satisfied with Neymar at 95. Some might even argue lower due to a previous undeserved rise which i agree with (the rise to Barca) but I'm not going there as it is irrelevant as I've mentioned past is past i only judge on the window for the current review, In that time Neymar and Godin deserved rises 100% and got them.[/quote']

I'll concede to being in the minority on Neymar and Godín, but I still think I'm right given ability and performances. and even if you go off since the last review performance Neymar in particular would have been worth a +2 given what he did in the latter stages of the CL to Thiago Silva (95), Manuel Neuer (96) and that entire Juve defensive unit.

to be perfectly honest I was just about coming to terms with it, but SM rising Hazard to the same level got me mad all over again because they patently are not on the same level at all and it drives me mad that they are (also 20 goal 12 assist Hazard has to be the weakest 95 ever - compare him to Bale who rightfully never got beyond 94 and, well, yeah).

but Neymar will get a 96 soon. probably within a year. he's too good not to. I just feel bad for Godín, he's been at a 95 level since 2014 began. recognise the man!

Suarez, Alba and Biscuits. Could all of them rose? Certainly. Would the census be happy with 93,96,96 respectively? I don't think you would find a massive complaint base. Were any of them Screwed? Id say none on Kane's level of no way could they not... I think all of them could count themselves unlucky in the way a coin toss flips the opposite of what you call. It was always a chance but you knew you could just as easily miss out and no one is shocked or upset either way as a general whole You already know id have given Alba and Suarez the rises so its not my personal opinion they stayed, But the massive cry foul that's going on and on just inst justified compare to most public opinion as far as i can tell. N.B Again I don't pretend to speak for everyone I'm just surmising from every post in these rating threads.

not to live & die by the court of public opinion (given my views it's best not to, lol) but I'd wager most people will agree Alba and Suárez should be 93 & 96 after last season's performances. the fact that Alba is on a par with Azpilicueta and only 1 ahead of Bernat and 1 BEHIND Marcelo and Alaba is pure nonsense. I know you agree on this, I'm still trying to comprehend their logic tho. it's so baffling.

Busquets... I'm not surprised people don't rate him because he's not flashy at all, he doesn't catch the eye unless you really watch him. but he is undeniably the best DM in the world and has been for 5 years. and since his last ratings jump he's continued to be the best and won a Liga and a Treble. idk man, to me he's as nailed-on a 96 as anyone else and him not rising was the biggest robbery of the whole thing to me (well, along with poor Alba).

like I said in the PL thread: the 96 rating is clearly for the guys who are the undisputed world-class standouts in their position, and Busquets is very much that at DM.

I really hope he gets 96 soon, but given he didn't get it for winning THE TREBLE I'd suspect he's topped out at 95. really hope I'm wrong though!

Now Baston... Baston is in between Sanchez and Kane. I think Baston is not quite on the absolute Armageddon level of Kane not getting a rise, but he certainly has been Gipped and certainly should have gotten at least a +1 to recognise his efforts.

he definitely got screwed. not Kane-level I agree, but a +1 or +2 would have been fair. but I swear it's like the guy who was doing the ratings changes did those last 3 Valencia players then went on a drunken bender & was replaced by his stingy Uncle for the end of La Liga, before coming back still drunk for the PL changes.

the way they reviewed Atleti & Barça was completely off with the way they've reviewed basically everyone else.

Overall my point here is although some could and some didn't I think on the whole with the people we are mentioning here Barring Baston, No one got an inconceivable rise nor did anyone get incomprehensibly left behind. Id be more surprised with a Henderson +1. like wth did he do to get that!

Henderson? he's the new Gerrard don't you know?!

Guest Redsky

Might be an idea for people to pick up Juan Muñoz from Sevilla. He's played a fair number of minutes in Sevillas friendlies, scored goals and got praise from their fans. Good riser potential.

• 1 month later...