Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

Neymar +1 to 96 - no explanation needed

Roberto +2 to 89 - over 1000mins for Barcelona this season' date=' 7th highest at Barcelona. 1 goal, 3 assists. 89 is the minimum a first team player should be getting at Barcelona

Mathieu +1 to 91 - 995mins for Barcelona, only 80mins behind Pique. Deserves his 91.

Munir +2 to 87 - no explanation needed really, 734mins, 5 assists (3rd highest at Barca).

Gumbau +1 to 83 - 165mins for Barca, i'd say he deserves a small boost. Sampers on 85 and has played less.[/quote']

Samper is much, much, MUCH better than Gumbau and the only reason Gumbau has minutes is because he's athletic. have you watched him? he's been useless in every single one of those minutes. he just runs around fouling people.

While we're talking about ratings. I think you completely misunderstand metaphysical. You say that 96 is for gold standard but it isn't. That's 95 rating, hence why there are 11 players rated 95. 96 or above are for the special players, the types that will be remembered as the best of their generation. Messi, Ronaldo, Neuer, Iniesta, Robben are 96+. They are the best of their generation. Busquets simply isn't, he's a brilliant player but shouldnt imo be put in the same category as the players I just listed.

I think you misunderstand what "gold standard" means, my friend! ;)

also:

GK: Neuer

FB: no one (Alaba will get this in a couple years tho)

CB: no one (Piqué should have gotten to this in 2011 - he & Ramos may get there if they win another CL or something)

DM: no one (should absolutely be Busquets)

CM: no one (no one is close)

AM: Iniesta

Wing: Robben

Forward: Cristiano (should be joined by Neymar)

#9: no one (used to be Zlatan, could soon be Suárez)

there is clearly a positional element to who gets the 96 rating.

and even if there wasn't, Busquets absolutely belongs in that list of players. he will be remembered as an all-time great, trust me. not as much as the players you mentioned, for sure, because they are in attention-grabbing positions while Busquets is a pivot which is not glamorous. but he is just as influential and important as them. have you read what Xavi has said about him? he's unreal and his influence and ability is such that when the second best defensive midfielder in the world replaces him in the Barcelona lineup, the level of Barcelona's play NOTICEABLY drops, even if Messi is in the team.

that's power.

Although Gumbau is no way near the potential of Samper who is a really good player' date=' LE is ignoring him for some reason.[/quote']

Lucho is ignoring Samper because he likes his midfielders to be athletic. Busquets and Iniesta are good enough to be exceptions to that, Samper is not.

Samper is much' date=' much, MUCH better than Gumbau and the only reason Gumbau has minutes is because he's athletic. have you watched him? he's been useless in every single one of those minutes. he just runs around fouling people..

I think you misunderstand what "gold standard" means, my friend! ;)

also:

GK: Neuer

FB: no one (Alaba will get this in a couple years tho)

CB: no one (Piqué should have gotten to this in 2011 - he & Ramos may get there if they win another CL or something)

DM: no one (should absolutely be Busquets)

CM: no one (no one is close)

AM: Iniesta

Wing: Robben

Forward: Cristiano (should be joined by Neymar)

#9: no one (used to be Zlatan, could soon be Suárez)

there is clearly a positional element to who gets the 96 rating.

and even if there wasn't, Busquets absolutely belongs in that list of players. he will be remembered as an all-time great, trust me. not as much as the players you mentioned, for sure, because they are in attention-grabbing positions while Busquets is a pivot which is not glamorous. but he is just as influential and important as them. have you read what Xavi has said about him? he's unreal and his influence and ability is such that when the second best defensive midfielder in the world replaces him in the Barcelona lineup, the level of Barcelona's play NOTICEABLY drops, even if Messi is in the team.

that's power.

Lucho is ignoring Samper because he likes his midfielders to be athletic. Busquets and Iniesta are good enough to be exceptions to that, Samper is not.[/quote']

High chance than Samper will leave Barca soon then, he's too good to be playing in the third division

Are you a Barcelona fan then [uSER=42778]metaphysical[/uSER] because i'm a United fan and when it comes to Busquets he's a decent player but I would not consider him the same quality as those I listed. This is exactly why Soccerwiki fwiw just doesn't work.

If we were designing a new game and we had to give Busquets a rating, I'd give him a 94 while you'd give him a 96. Some people over rate players and some under rate. You need to have a big number of votes before you get a realistic rating and that's where the issue lies. You basically need a completely unbiased view on a player to determine the rating and that is nigh on impossible. So the only way to do it is look at the facts, but you can't do that for every player either otherwise it would take forever.

It's why a rating system with this much human involvement can't work accurately imo.

High chance than Samper will leave Barca soon then, he's too good to be playing in the third division

yup.

some club (Arsenal probably?) is going to get very very lucky. he's a superb talent.

Are you a Barcelona fan then [uSER=42778]metaphysical[/uSER] because i'm a United fan and when it comes to Busquets he's a decent player but I would not consider him the same quality as those I listed. This is exactly why Soccerwiki fwiw just doesn't work.

If we were designing a new game and we had to give Busquets a rating, I'd give him a 94 while you'd give him a 96. Some people over rate players and some under rate. You need to have a big number of votes before you get a realistic rating and that's where the issue lies. You basically need a completely unbiased view on a player to determine the rating and that is nigh on impossible. So the only way to do it is look at the facts, but you can't do that for every player either otherwise it would take forever.

It's why a rating system with this much human involvement can't work accurately imo.

you can't do this for every player but re: Busquets just look at what journalists, coaches and players say about him. forget the fans, look at those who know the game (which precludes a lot of tabloid journos in England, obviously). they cannot praise him enough. his ability is obviously great but the influence he exerts is the real mark of his magnificence. no midfielder has as much influence. this is the guy who is so good he took Yaya Touré's spot in the team and forced Javier Mascherano to play central defence to get minutes. the facts FOR Busquets getting a 96 are much more compelling than the facts against (his lack of goals & assists, basically).

Neymar +1 to 96 No' date=' 95 is enough[/color']

Roberto +2 to 89 +1 to 88

Mathieu +1 to 91 stays

Munir +2 to 87 stays

Gumbau +1 to 83 maybe

Not sure why anyone would have an issue with Neymar getting 96??

He's proved in the absence of the best player on the planet that he can be relied upon, heavy weight of expectations on his shoulders for both club and country and he is just taking it all in his stride.

Truely a fabulous talent, deserves 96

He's proved in the absence of the best player on the planet that he can be relied upon' date=' heavy weight of expectations on his shoulders for both club and country and he is just taking it all in his stride.

Truely a fabulous talent, deserves 96[/quote']

I agree, comfortably the 3rd best player on the planet - look at Iniesta & Xavi's ratings when they were considered that..

He's proved in the absence of the best player on the planet that he can be relied upon' date=' heavy weight of expectations on his shoulders for both club and country and he is just taking it all in his stride.

Truely a fabulous talent, deserves 96[/quote']

1. Because he had a not deserved +1 just moving to Barcelona 2 years ago;

2. I don't know why most of people push to rise high ratings forward only. There are many middies and defenders which are waiting for high rate because of their performances.

1. Because he had a not deserved +1 just moving to Barcelona 2 years ago;

2. I don't know why most of people push to rise high ratings forward only. There are many middies and defenders which are waiting for high rate because of their performances.

"Because he had not desearved a +1 just moving to Barcelona 2 years ago" Is that even an argument? The point is if Neymar is playing as a 96 rated player now' date=' no one cares what happened 2 years ago, tho i agree that he should not be a 96 now, but at the end of the season if Barcelona achieves wins La Liga or UCL or both.

If i have to rate players now doing comparisions with others, considering their level, Neymar would be 96, Suarez would be 96, Busquets would be 96, and i dont blame those who consider Busquets less than 95... Those who played the game, and been there in a professional or semi-professional way, understands the game of Busquets which has been simply outstanding since he stablished as the main defensive midfielder of Barcelona.

"2. I don't know why most of people push to rise high ratings forward only. There are many middies and defenders which are waiting for high rate because of their performances."

I agree with this part, even tho there hasnt been many mid-fielders or defenders which worthy to remark as a 95/96, pherhaps Godin or Busquets but aside from those, i dont recall any other middie or defender worthy of such ratings.

"Because he had not desearved a +1 just moving to Barcelona 2 years ago" Is that even an argument? The point is if Neymar is playing as a 96 rated player now' date=' no one cares what happened 2 years ago, tho i agree that he should not be a 96 now, but at the end of the season if Barcelona achieves wins La Liga or UCL or both.[/quote']

he should be 96 now. if for no other reason than if Hazard is deemed a 95. Neymar is lightyears ahead of the Belgian.

and he didn't get a +1 "just for moving to Barcelona" (I know you didn't say that, but it needs clarifying).

he got a +1 to 90 for winning the Copa Libertadores.

he got a +1 to 91 for racking up his SECOND 40+ goal season.

he got a +1 to 92 for winning the Confederations Cup.

he got a +1 to 93 in NOVEMBER of that same year for his great start at Barcelona including goals & assists in close wins against Valencia and Sevilla, winning Barcelona a trophy with his first goal for the club, and scoring and assisting Barcelona's only goals in a Clasico win.

he got a +1 to 94 after a solid debut season, a brilliant World Cup and a great start to 14-15.

he got a +1 to 95 for winning THE TREBLE (and dominating the latter stages of the CL).

every ratings jump he got has been richly deserved.

If i have to rate players now doing comparisions with others, considering their level, Neymar would be 96, Suarez would be 96, Busquets would be 96, and i dont blame those who consider Busquets less than 95... Those who played the game, and been there in a professional or semi-professional way, understands the game of Busquets which has been simply outstanding since he stablished as the main defensive midfielder of Barcelona.

finally someone else who understands the brilliance of Busquets!

"2. I don't know why most of people push to rise high ratings forward only. There are many middies and defenders which are waiting for high rate because of their performances."

I agree with this part, even tho there hasnt been many mid-fielders or defenders which worthy to remark as a 95/96, pherhaps Godin or Busquets but aside from those, i dont recall any other middie or defender worthy of such ratings.

Piqué should have been 96 in 2011, and then should never have dropped to 94 when he did (had he dropped in 2013? ok, but he was very good in 13-14). he should get his 95 back, really, should have done so after the Treble. but thanks to Alves playing like a donkey and unbalancing Barcelona's defence in 15-16 I suspect he'll have to wait til the end of the season to get it back now, instead of at the mid-season changes.

Ramos should have got it after La Decima (his performances at the end of 13-14 were stupefyingly good) but since then has been more of a 95 level so it's ok. amazed he never got the bump after 13-14 tho... what more do you want a defender to do??

Godin is the only defender worth a 96 around now. one could argue he should already have it.

midfielder-wise... there's lots of great guys, but not many you'd say should be rated even 95 (Modric, basically, that's it - Kroos was trending that way but Benitez is misusing him). only Busquets and Iniesta deserve 96. the next crop of great midfielders (Thiago, Pogba, Verratti) will probably hit the heights of 96, but obviously aren't there yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Barcelona: Suarez +1 96 - Best Striker in the world, should be a notch higher than Lewa and Aguero

Neymar +1 96 - Ballon d'Or finalist

Roberto +2 89- Been essential for them this season, he'll get his 90 rating probably in the summer.

Munir +2 87 and Sandro +2 87 - Both of them have done well with the lack of squad depth at Barca, should both get +2s

Real Madrid - Navas +1 90 - Most underrated keeper in the world ATM, saved them a fair few points.

Jese +1 88 - He's done decently, and you can't blame him for not scoring more goals when he's under Benitez

Other than that, that's all I see for RMA

Neymar +1 to 96 (second best player in the world - preposterously good and dominant in 2015)

Suárez +1 to 96 (third/fourth best player in the world - so decisive in big games)

Busquets +1 to 96 (best midfielder in the world)

Godin +2 to 96 (best defender in the world)

Gimenez +3 to 91 (best young defender around, also Atleti have conceded just seven goals. SEVEN.)

Oblak +2 to 90 (seriously guys, just seven goals)

Koke +1 to 94 (sublime midfielder. really running the show for Atleti - whose form has picked up since his return from injury)

Alba +1 to 93 (2nd best left-back in the world - crucial part of the Barca team - they conceded twice in 15 minutes at home to Depor when he went off)

Griezmann +1 to 93 (phenomenally decisive for Atleti in so many goals. really becoming a big time forward)

Piqué +1 to 95 (won his second treble since the drop, and is basically one of the top three defenders in the world)

Varane +2 to 93 (should have been 92 in 2013, so half of this is just a makeup boost. is a sublime defender, regular for France, etc.)

Lucas Perez +3 to 89 (has been superb, one of the best scorers in La Liga and leading Depor to punch above their weight)

Keylor Navas +2 to 91 (one of the best goalkeepers in the world - almost single-handedly won Madrid at least a handful of games this season)

Imanol Agirettxe +2 to 90 (has been superb and is carrying La Real, without him they'd be dead)

Borja Baston +5 to 88 (come onnnnnnn! what has this guy got to do?!)

Saúl +1 to 88 (superb utility man with a knack for getting key goals - also now emerging into the Atleti first team after Tiago's injury)

Sergi Roberto +2 to 89 (has become a fairly important squad player in the Barcelona team, has a key goal vs. Leverkusen and some stunning assists)

Marco Asensio +3 to 87 (has been brilliant for Espanyol - has the joint most assists in the league)

Cedric Bakambu +2 to 88 (6 goals in La Liga and absolutely vivisected Real Madrid at the weekend, providing the winning assist)

Alen Halilovic +1 to 87 (sublime for a severely overmatched Sporting side, sets their tempo and carries the attacks forward as well)

Cristiano Ronaldo -1 to 98 (does not effect the big games enough to justify the maximum rating)

CWIuZaBUYAAiYfj.png

Everyone who is over 25 will not raise or will raise less then deserved , idiots like JMH are in-charge of the ratings changes .

So according to whoscored 1)Rabiot 2)Matuidi 3)Verratti , according game time 1)Matuidi 2)Rabiot 3)Verratti , according to stats goals /assits 1)Matuidi 2)RAbiot 3) Verratti  BUT according to soccerwiki Verratti gets from 92-93 raise , Rabiot and Matuidi stay at 87 and 92 ...you cant expect to much from this bunch of retards .

Everyone who is over 25 will not raise or will raise less then deserved , idiots like JMH are in-charge of the ratings changes .

So according to whoscored 1)Rabiot 2)Matuidi 3)Verratti , according game time 1)Matuidi 2)Rabiot 3)Verratti , according to stats goals /assits 1)Matuidi 2)RAbiot 3) Verratti  BUT according to soccerwiki Verratti gets from 92-93 raise , Rabiot and Matuidi stay at 87 and 92 ...you cant expect to much from this bunch of retards .

Can you not stop banging on about it now? I'm sure everyone knows how you feel.

Can anybody fill me in on the situation for these guys for the upcoming review?

Griezmann (92)

Koke (93)

James Rodriguez (93)

Griezmann and Koke both deserve +1's. after Godin they're the two most important players for Atleti and have been superb this season. it's not a coincidence Atleti were struggling while Koke was out injured.

but I think only Griezmann will get that +1.

James is going nowhere. he's barely played this season because of injuries. he has 95/96 talent, but he won't show it with Rafa Benitez in charge.

Agirretxe not risings with the Real Sociedad changes. Is this a joke?

I presume it is only to see how he does in the match against Villareal? Undecided on whether to push him to 89 or 90 I guess.

This had better be the reason he has not risen as of yet...

Nope, probably means he's not getting a rise period.

Soccerwiki is a joke.