Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

93 to 94 is really a massive step, way more in the middle of the season. Could have happened for Koke but its understandable if they want to wait for the end of the season. Atletico's backbones is there. Godin, Koke and Griezmann are carrying the team. If they keep this form, i can see Griezmann and Koke for a 94, I believe that Atletico needs a title for Godin to get to 95, even tho he is the best central back in the world right now.

Would be the first time to have a 95 rated in Atletico. Neither Aguero or Forlan made it to 95 (Forlan been a 94, scoring in the Uefa final, been the best player in the 2010 WC and a year later winning the Copa America scoring in the final) but ohh well... way of doing the ratings changed and who knows this can happen.

Merry Xmas everybody!

no rises for Busquets, Alba and Piqué?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

do the Treble and play at an elite world level, either the best or second best (in terms of Piqué and Alba) in their position, but none of them rise in the TWO subsequent change periods? not just the one after! they continued their form into 15-16, are top of La Liga and World Champions and STILL they got no rises!!

that is an absolute effing joke.

I remember saying this after the Treble, and people were like "lol don't be impatient OBVIOUSLY they'll rise in the winter"

and here we are in the winter and, well, nope!

according to SM, Thiago Silva and Ramos are better than Godín and Piqué!! (!!!) !!!!!!! Alba is worse than Marcelo and only 1 rating better than Bernat (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL) and Busquets... well at least he's out on his own in terms of midfielders though given he's clearly the best in the world he should be +2 ahead of everyone, really.

what

a

joke

no rises for Busquets, Alba and Piqué?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

do the Treble and play at an elite world level, either the best or second best (in terms of Piqué and Alba) in their position, but none of them rise in the TWO subsequent change periods? not just the one after! they continued their form into 15-16, are top of La Liga and World Champions and STILL they got no rises!!

that is an absolute effing joke.

I remember saying this after the Treble, and people were like "lol don't be impatient OBVIOUSLY they'll rise in the winter"

and here we are in the winter and, well, nope!

according to SM, Thiago Silva and Ramos are better than Godín and Piqué!! (!!!) !!!!!!! Alba is worse than Marcelo and only 1 rating better than Bernat (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL) and Busquets... well at least he's out on his own in terms of midfielders though given he's clearly the best in the world he should be +2 ahead of everyone, really.

what

a

joke

I don't think SM controls the ratings, it's all Soccer Wiki now, and that's not even transparent. I couldn't find any of the rating proposals for the Spanish league. Very odd.

we'd need a genuine Christmas Day miracle from Santa for SM to raise Piqué, Busquets, Godin, Koke and Alba like they should have.

I don't think SM controls the ratings, it's all Soccer Wiki now, and that's not even transparent. I couldn't find any of the rating proposals for the Spanish league. Very odd.

doesn't surprise me at all, to be honest.

Atleti's top dogs got underserved in the ratings (the continued underrating of Godin and Koke truly bothers me) and with Barcelona only Neymar, Suárez and Sergi Roberto got their due. not the defenders holding the team together at the back and certainly not the best midfielder in the world who's played all but 3 or 4 games this season.

Cristiano remained at 99 despite being utterly terrible this season when asked to play anyone good (he was also terrible as Madrid were turfed out of the CL last year by Juve). and I mean that statistically, too.

CWIuZaBUYAAiYfj.png

Agirretxe didn't rise.

Halilovic and Asensio didn't hit 87.

and, yes, Ruben Vezo didn't get enough love.

joooooooooooookes

maybe they don't want a normal barca team to be too OP in the game... already have a 96/99/96 frontline hehe.

Busqi and Alba definitely more than easily deserve to rise. Pique i think some people may argue 

Hali only getting a +1 was surprising, meanwhile Martial gets a +2 to 89 for man utd lol.... what? okay. Well.

maybe they don't want a normal barca team to be too OP in the game... already have a 96/99/96 frontline hehe.

Busqi and Alba definitely more than easily deserve to rise. Pique i think some people may argue 

Hali only getting a +1 was surprising, meanwhile Martial gets a +2 to 89 for man utd lol.... what? okay. Well.

Like I said, SM doesn't control ratings anymore. SoccerWiki does all of that. Oddly enough, none of the spanish proposals were ever up for vote.

The rating system is very odd. I miss the old days.

we'd need a genuine Christmas Day miracle from Santa for SM to raise Piqué, Busquets, Godin, Koke and Alba like they should have.

doesn't surprise me at all, to be honest.

Atleti's top dogs got underserved in the ratings (the continued underrating of Godin and Koke truly bothers me) and with Barcelona only Neymar, Suárez and Sergi Roberto got their due. not the defenders holding the team together at the back and certainly not the best midfielder in the world who's played all but 3 or 4 games this season.

Cristiano remained at 99 despite being utterly terrible this season when asked to play anyone good (he was also terrible as Madrid were turfed out of the CL last year by Juve). and I mean that statistically, too.

CWIuZaBUYAAiYfj.png

Agirretxe didn't rise.

Halilovic and Asensio didn't hit 87.

and, yes, Ruben Vezo didn't get enough love.

joooooooooooookes

Indeed, Godin is the best stopper of the world, yet no rise. Miranda is also very underrated: best libero of the world, benching Thiago Silva and becoming captain of NT as well, yet Miranda is still not even 93 on SM which is laughable!!! Probably they didn't rise him because since he is 31, "he is old".

Interesting, but about redifining a "big game flop": in Argentina NT what does Messi does? After quarters of main competitions Messi disappears from the game and pukes on the ground. Even Di Maria and Mascherano played better than him at world cup. Messi never leaded Argentina main NT to win something, and they DO have a good squad (Aguero, Di Maria, Mascherano etc...). Messi is not a "big game player" individually speaking, he is a good system player. Messi lacks the leadership to lead a team by himself, and in order to perform at "99 level" Messi needs Barca system centered on himself and a team of top players around. Since SM ratings are based on BOTH performances in club and NT as SM help section stated, therefore logically neither Messi or Ronaldo should have 99 and should be dropped (unless their performances for NT improve drastically).  "99 rating" should be reserved only to players who can lead clubs and NT to winning cups and leagues without needing top players around them and by being elite leaders in their own position (Yashin for gk, Beckenbauer for libero position, Maradona for attacking midfielders and so on).

Miranda should have reached 95 level at the end of 13-14, Godin 96. kind of ridiculous that they didn't

Interesting, but about redifining a "big game flop": in Argentina NT what does Messi does? After quarters of main competitions Messi disappears and pukes on the ground. Even Di Maria and Mascherano played better than him at world cup. Messi never leaded Argentina main NT to win something, and they DO have a good squad (Aguero, Di Maria, Mascherano etc...). Messi is not a "big game player" individually speaking, he is a good system player. He lacks the leadership to lead a team by himself, and in order to perform at "99 level" Messi needs Barca system centered on himself and a team of top players around. Since SM ratings are based on BOTH performances in club and NT as SM help section stated, therefore logically neither Messi or Ronaldo should have 99 and should be dropped (unless their performances for NT improve drastically)

hahahahaahhaahahahahahaahahaaha

is this a joke?

Messi has been incredible at every tournament he's played since Guardiola came to Barcelona. Argentina don't have (or rather, don't use) their creative, attacking midfielders in a correct way and Messi ends up having to be the creative player for the team as well as its primary dribbler. he has to play the role Xavi did for Spain in 2010 at the same time as playing his own natural role.

in 2008 he was Argentina's best player (well, maybe joint with Riquelme) creating Di Maria's winning goals in the quarter-final and final.

in 2010 he was Argentina's main playmaker and created so many chances for team-mates. had Maradona fielded a functional formation instead of that no-midfield nonsense against Germany, who knows what would have happened? but he surrendered midfielder and Germany overwhelmed poor Mascherano.

in 2011 he was great. had Higuain finished more than just one the 3-4 chances Messi created for him vs. Uruguay, they'd have gone on and won the tournament.

in 2014 again he led the country. are you freaking kidding me? he had to drag them out of the group stages! without him they would have drawn with Bosnia and Iran and lost to Nigeria! he also created their goals against Belgium and Switzerland. he was so dominant Van Gaal predicated his entire system around nullifying him in the semi-final (and it worked, which is why it was such a boring game, because if you stop Messi no one else steps up). they might have won the Final had Higuain not missed an absolute sitter gifted him by Kroos, or if Sabella hadn't replaced Lavezzi with a half-fit Aguero, or if Di Maria were fit to play.

in 2015, despite Pastore and Banega being in the squad it was still on Messi to be the key playmaker. he looked like he was going to lead them to victory until in the Final against Chile when Tata Martino decided to use him as a decoy and have none of his team-mates pass to him unless they absolutely had to. it was an absolute disaster and Argentina were rubbish. still managed to create a golden chance for Higuain right at the death, mind you. of course Higuain missed it. then his team-mates missed in the shootout while he scored. such symbolism.

Argentina have a phenomenal attack on paper, yes. but Higuain hasn't played well at a tournament since 2010. Aguero is constantly injured. and Di Maria looks like the only attacking player on Messi's level but he gets injured. ugh.

yes Mascherano is incredible, as is Garay, but beyond them even the defence is dodgy. they had Demichelis and Zabaleta starting in the World Cup Final for goodness sake (both lost their men for Germany's winning goal) - at least now Otamendi is starting.

Messi has been amazing for Argentina since Beijing, in no way shape or form is he a "big game flop" - he carries his ramshackle teams with underperforming or injured team-mates and stupid coaches as far as they can go. in the last three tournaments he played he's been eliminated by the winner, twice in the Final. that Argentina even get to Finals is purely down to Messi's genius and nothing else - without him Mascherano would "lead" the side to a bunch of 0-0's.

Messi fully deserves his 99.

Cristiano on the other hand is definitely unworthy of the max rating for his lack of impact in big club games and should have been hit with a -1. when you look at his poor international form: Portugal routinely get easy qualifying groups yet still struggle, and he's played well for just 2 (Euros 2004 & 2012) out of the 6 tournaments in which he's participated... a -2 doesn't begin to look out of the question.

Busquets is really the major issue in my opinion. If it was me doing the ratings, i would have dropped his CB position and probably would have made him 96 in the last ratings and possibly 97 by now.

Pique is playing as a 94, despite the titles but... i do agree he is playing above Thiago Silva who should be 93 and no more.

I read some comments about Alba and yes, i do agree now that he should be 93 but well... i guess that ratings above 92-93 in the middle of a season are for those doing an outstanding season so far (again... Busquets). Looks like only scoring goals are worthy of remarkable rises.

I approve your post, metaphysical, SM staff has failed.

Mascherano, Busquets, Alba, Rakitic, Iniesta deserve +1.

SM is a farce, but HEY, SM has changed the inteface. WOW. It's beautiful. Spectacular, who's matter if gameplay sucks?

New year, new interface, new forum, but the problems are same old problems.

Irritated.