Kazzer

Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Spurs did have a weakened team out but the Bundesliga is pretty good, little separates them and the EPL. 

EPL is still the best though, and a million times better than La Liga.

lol.

Another fantastic day in La Liga I see. 

Barcelona and Atletico hammering the highly competitive and technical opposition put before them.

You completely lost my point. First of all, the best players in the world play for Barca, Bayern and Real madrid. 

MY POINT WAS, that in terms of quality, La Liga has more than the Prem. But in terms of a DIFFERENCE in quality from top to bottom, the Prem's difference is much less than la Liga's mostly because the top teams simply are not as good. Therefore, the Prem is more competitive, but overall it is not better. No team with their current Prem form this season would be top 4 in La Liga, Villareal have been excellent, Atletico Madrid and Real beats anyone in the Prem, and Barca at top form (which they are currently in) is UNTOUCHABLE. DON'T FORGET THIS BARCA TEAM ALSO BEAT REAL MADRID 4-0, so who's Getafe? Getafe aren't half bad. I think however, you could say La Liga teams don't care about big losses since goal difference is the 2nd tiebreaker, head to head is first, so after it hits 3 or 4-0 they don't care

Barca would be beating Aston Villa, Norwich (whom on paper, england's best team Man City couldn't beat today), etc 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 easily. 

These 3 teams (playing at their best) are miles ahead of anyone, especially anyone from the Prem. 

Also, Tottenham shouldn't field a weakened side against Dortmund, they're going for the title? So what? Dortmund played Bayern last weekend. (and Spurs are my favorite EPL team, but i was disappointed).

If you're trying to say the Prem has the best players it's really just a joke mate. 

Needless to say, let me remind you, the Prem has poached a lot of players from spanish teams outside of the top 3, i.e., David SIlva (valencia), Cazorla (malaga), mata, Aguero (he's not too shabby :P), Ander Herrera (bilbao). 

the Prem has not been competitive in Europe since 2011, (Chelsea's 2012 team was clearly not the best team in Europe, although they won, kudos for that, but that was a lucky run). So you cannot say the Prem is better than la Liga. La Liga has the best coefficient for a reason. They are extremely good in Europe. 

3-0 is hardly a spanking btw, but apparently that's rare for English teams. 

oh by the way, the Premier League should be ashamed, while it would be a great story, which no one could not love, having a team like Leicester potentially win the Prem shows just how bad the top teams in the league are to allow that. And for the champions (Chelsea), to have regressed so horribly in 1 season? Also shameful. You're trying to tell me this is better than La Liga? Impossible? Let's see Eibar or Gijon or Sociedad win La Liga!

At a point, yes the Prem was the best though, i'd say around maybe 2004-2009)

Leicester still might not win, yes, but they've certainly wowed all of us this season. 

oh by the way, the Premier League should be ashamed, while it would be a great story, which no one could not love, having a team like Leicester potentially win the Prem shows just how bad the top teams in the league are to allow that. And for the champions (Chelsea), to have regressed so horribly in 1 season? Also shameful. You're trying to tell me this is better than La Liga? Impossible? Let's see Eibar or Gijon or Sociedad win La Liga!

Leicester still might not win, yes, but they've certainly wowed all of us this season. 

They couldn't, simply because they are absolute garbage. Barcelona are excellent and the best in the world which makes it difficult for Real/Atletico let alone anyone else but even if they were 50% of the team they would still win La Liga it is that bad.

lol.

You completely lost my point. First of all, the best players in the world play for Barca, Bayern and Real madrid. 

MY POINT WAS, that in terms of quality, La Liga has more than the Prem. But in terms of a DIFFERENCE in quality from top to bottom, the Prem's difference is much less than la Liga's mostly because the top teams simply are not as good. Therefore, the Prem is more competitive, but overall it is not better. No team with their current Prem form this season would be top 4 in La Liga, Villareal have been excellent, Atletico Madrid and Real beats anyone in the Prem, and Barca at top form (which they are currently in) is UNTOUCHABLE. DON'T FORGET THIS BARCA TEAM ALSO BEAT REAL MADRID 4-0, so who's Getafe? Getafe aren't half bad. I think however, you could say La Liga teams don't care about big losses since goal difference is the 2nd tiebreaker, head to head is first, so after it hits 3 or 4-0 they don't care

Barca would be beating Aston Villa, Norwich (whom on paper, england's best team Man City couldn't beat today), etc 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 easily. 

These 3 teams (playing at their best) are miles ahead of anyone, especially anyone from the Prem. 

Also, Tottenham shouldn't field a weakened side against Dortmund, they're going for the title? So what? Dortmund played Bayern last weekend. (and Spurs are my favorite EPL team, but i was disappointed).

If you're trying to say the Prem has the best players it's really just a joke mate. 

Needless to say, let me remind you, the Prem has poached a lot of players from spanish teams outside of the top 3, i.e., David SIlva (valencia), Cazorla (malaga), mata, Aguero (he's not too shabby :P), Ander Herrera (bilbao). 

the Prem has not been competitive in Europe since 2011, (Chelsea's 2012 team was clearly not the best team in Europe, although they won, kudos for that, but that was a lucky run). So you cannot say the Prem is better than la Liga. La Liga has the best coefficient for a reason. They are extremely good in Europe. 

3-0 is hardly a spanking btw, but apparently that's rare for English teams. 

No point lost here, I was on about leagues and teams not players.

However as you wish to go down that route. Barcelona has a handful of the best players in the world, Real has a few and Atletico has a couple. The rest of the teams have hardly any. On average the EPL is miles ahead of anything that La Liga has, it's almost embarrassing. Take Barcelona and Real out of La Liga and what is left? A few players of world class level at Atletico, wow what a league lol.

Villereal did ok to begin with but have started to slide due to lack of real quality, sevilla are starting to come on strong but failed to begin with due to lack of quality. A player who was playing in the Stoke first XI is one of there star players for goodness sake lol. 

As for your footnote of players being bad in La Liga but good in the EPL it is absolutely ridiculous. Plenty of La Liga is populated by failed EPL players that are now doing well.

Love the use of capitals to try to get your point across by the way, without them it would mean nothing lol.

EPL is the best  ;)

They couldn't, simply because they are absolute garbage. Barcelona are excellent and the best in the world which makes it difficult for Real/Atletico let alone anyone else but even if they were 50% of the team they would still win La Liga it is that bad.

No point lost here, I was on about leagues and teams not players.

However as you wish to go down that route. Barcelona has a handful of the best players in the world, Real has a few and Atletico has a couple. The rest of the teams have hardly any. On average the EPL is miles ahead of anything that La Liga has, it's almost embarrassing. Take Barcelona and Real out of La Liga and what is left? A few players of world class level at Atletico, wow what a league lol.

Villereal did ok to begin with but have started to slide due to lack of real quality, sevilla are starting to come on strong but failed to begin with due to lack of quality. A player who was playing in the Stoke first XI is one of there star players for goodness sake lol. 

As for your footnote of players being bad in La Liga but good in the EPL it is absolutely ridiculous. Plenty of La Liga is populated by failed EPL players that are now doing well.

Love the use of capitals to try to get your point across by the way, without them it would mean nothing lol.

EPL is the best  ;)

Let's agree to disagree. 

and N'zonzi is far from Sevilla's star player, but he's been very solid. 

I'd call it good scouting and picking up a good player from an average team ;p

Sevilla started badly because they sold part of their team and had to start over. 

but anyway, end of discussion, we'll never agree.

Let's agree to disagree. 

and N'zonzi is far from Sevilla's star player, but he's been very solid. 

I'd call it good scouting and picking up a good player from an average team ;p

Sevilla started badly because they sold part of their team and had to start over. 

but anyway, end of discussion, we'll never agree.

I'd call it picking up an average player who was a star at the mighty Blackburn lol

Nice to see you agree with me in the end though from the lack of argument back, La Liga is pathetic  :)

This is the most inaccurate thing i have heard. Lets just wait and See how Leicester go in teh Champions League first? IF they win the league they have thoroughly deserved it and i thinks it is very cheap of you to discredit their success. If they turn up to the CL next year and Get to the Qtr's plus then obvisouly they are indeed a very good side. So dont set a yardstick with a team that hasnt challenged Europe yet. There is no comparable data. It is impossible.

You know what chaps, we're all aware of what really makes the football world go round, and we've all carefully skirted around it or ignored it - money.

What made Chelsea and Man City big time players from tiny teams they were? Money.

Why do barca and real have so many good players but the rest of the teams have very few star players? They get all the cash.

Why are PSG and Monaco attracting big names? Money.

Hell, we all know why players are going to China now - money! Chinese billionaires bankrolling the latest fad in the country.

EPL happens to have the best (and probably fairest) payout of all the big leagues. It's the only reason big names play in the prem now. If Spain allocated its money as fairly as the EPL you'd have a better balance. When, not if, the money bubble in football bursts, it'll be a different game.

And that's when, if English football doesn't adapt, it'll get totally left behind on the global stage. It's only the money that keeps it near the top. I think it'd be beneath the French league without it.

Barca and real have a pedigree, like the two or three top teams in each country, and I think there will always be "big" teams in each league, but without the gulf in finances to keep them way above the rest, there'll be much better balance. Great for the fans, great for the game in general.

Money is the root of all problems in the game, end of.

And that's me done being off topic ;)

What a ridiculous thing to say! It is the fact that clubs like Leicester and Tottenham can come from nowhere to make a serious challenge for the title that makes the EPL the most exciting league and the most watched league in the world.

Also the fact that big clubs like Chelsea and Manchester Utd can win it one season but then struggle the next is what makes the league so challenging and interesting for the fans.

Sport is meant to be competitive, exciting and above all, entertaining. And you think that the EPL should be ashamed of providing all that ha-ha!! That's funny.

La Liga undoubtedly has some great players but the league itself is as exciting as watching paint dry.

What a ridiculous thing to say! It is the fact that clubs like Leicester and Tottenham can come from nowhere to make a serious challenge for the title that makes the EPL the most exciting league and the most watched league in the world.

Also the fact that big clubs like Chelsea and Manchester Utd can win it one season but then struggle the next is what makes the league so challenging and interesting for the fans.

Sport is meant to be competitive, exciting and above all, entertaining. And you think that the EPL should be ashamed of providing all that ha-ha!! That's funny.

La Liga undoubtedly has some great players but the league itself is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Sorry you misunderstood me, I definitely love Leicester and what they're doing, but I'm just saying that it also shows that the top teams in the Prem are doing something wrong. 

You guys missed my point entirely, i've kept saying that top to bottom the Premier League is easily more competitive, but that does not mean they have the best players. The huge TV deal should be a boost though, and within the next few years I think top to bottom they might, considering they're already attracting players like Payet (whom I would've loved at Tottenham), Shaqiri <--- too good for Stoke, Ayew, etc. 

I've never said the Prem is not exciting and competitive, but my point was that just because Barca may go out and beat Celta 6-1 does not mean Celta is a horrible team, barca is just that good. 

This is the most inaccurate thing i have heard. Lets just wait and See how Leicester go in teh Champions League first? IF they win the league they have thoroughly deserved it and i thinks it is very cheap of you to discredit their success. If they turn up to the CL next year and Get to the Qtr's plus then obvisouly they are indeed a very good side. So dont set a yardstick with a team that hasnt challenged Europe yet. There is no comparable data. It is impossible.

I expect them to sign a bit more talent, not necessarily splash cash, but add some great depth and maybe upgrade slightly. Their scouting system seems to be excellent, so by then I don't think I can judge it the same, because they would've upgraded (with that TV money, and finishing in the top 4). Kante and Mahrez testiment to a great scouting department, both whom could get into any other team in the Prem currently i believe. Vardy isn't too shabby either. 

and I hope Barca gets to play Leicester next season ;p

would either be a blowout or they'd give us some problems with their counter attacking style. Can't see any inbetweens. 

I could also make a point that a guy who could hardly get a game for Stoke in Huth is the star CB for Leicester, @ jamie, so let's not go there. Soldado was also terrible for Spurs but amazing for Valencia, sometimes it's the environment. 

oh my god Kes, stop arguing with that guy. his signature is a photoshop of Stanley Matthews shaking hands with Ryan effing Shawcross this guy is never gonna admit the PL isn't the greatest thing in the universe. just leave it alone ffs.

Munir will likely be part of a Title winning team and maybe even a Domestic Double winning team and he's scored some important goals along the way, I'd say 88 fits. Roberto 90... yeah I'd agree he's definitely made a substantial contribution to Barcelona's successes.

Merino... honestly no idea. he's scored some goals but I mean SM still rate Borja Baston at 86 I don't think they pay attention to La Liga outside of the top 3 teams and even then they're barely looking (Busquets still only 95, Alba 92, Piqué and Godin on 94 like they're not the best defenders in the world by a mile, Koke and Griezmann still 93, Cristiano still 99, etc.)

oh my god Kes, stop arguing with that guy. his signature is a photoshop of Stanley Matthews shaking hands with Ryan effing Shawcross this guy is never gonna admit the PL isn't the greatest thing in the universe. just leave it alone ######.

Munir will likely be part of a Title winning team and maybe even a Domestic Double winning team and he's scored some important goals along the way, I'd say 88 fits. Roberto 90... yeah I'd agree he's definitely made a substantial contribution to Barcelona's successes.

Merino... honestly no idea. he's scored some goals but I mean SM still rate Borja Baston at 86 I don't think they pay attention to La Liga outside of the top 3 teams and even then they're barely looking (Busquets still only 95, Alba 92, Piqué and Godin on 94 like they're not the best defenders in the world by a mile, Koke and Griezmann still 93, Cristiano still 99, etc.)

How dare you utter the great ones name, you do not have the class, intelligence or integrity to.

Why would I admit to anything other than the truth?! You're very strange.

guys what do you think about:

Carvajal

Vidal

Vitolo

Gaya

Gaya am afraid no cos of valencia's form,

the rest i guess if not rising..staying?? is my thinking correct..?

In the next rating changes I personally wouldn't expect any of them to rise or drop at this stage. I feel their current ratings are fair based on this seasons contributions.

In the next rating changes I personally wouldn't expect any of them to rise or drop at this stage. I feel their current ratings are fair based on this seasons contributions.

thought so too..but am still keeping them,.maybe not vidal and vitolo in the future..thanks mate

thought so too..but am still keeping them,.maybe not vidal and vitolo in the future..thanks mate

No problem! If it wasn't for the transfer embargo Vidal could have been in with the chance to rise. But it is definitely worth holding on to him with the uncertainty surrounding the future of Dani Alves ;)

monthly call for:

Busquets +1 to 96

Alba +1 to 93

Piqué and Godín +1 to 95

Giménez +2 to 92

Koke and Griezmann +1 to 94

Bakambu +2 to 89

Borja Baston +4 to 89

Lucas Perez +1 to 89

Cristiano -1 to 98

pls

HAHAHA monthly call ? Cristiano 98 ? never !

My monthly rebuttal of

Maybe

Yes

No and Maybe

+1

Strong case for both

Yes

+3 probably but yes

Dont know

No... even though on a personal level i would love it.

I really have no idea how you can continually say no to Piqué at 95.

I mean, ok when I first said he shouldn't have dropped there perhaps wasn't a massive amount of evidence and I was just going on what I know to be his quality. but as 2014-15 progressed it was blindingly obvious SM had made a mistake in dropping him and he needed to get that 95 back. his performances in the CL semi and final were ridiculous! but ok he only fell 6 months ago so SM didn't want to look too silly. I get that, it's cool, but it's been over a year now and frankly they look silly with him still at 94.

I mean, speaking of very recent events... did you see how badly Barcelona defended Arsenal in the 2nd leg? or what happened against Villarreal literally from the minute he left the field? he is holding that back-line (the second best defence in La Liga, fyi) together by his damn self. they won a Treble last season look certain for a Double this season (and might well make it a Treble) and his defensive prowess is a big part of why.

and frankly I know you said maybe but Godín not being 95 is an insult too.

HAHAHA monthly call ? Cristiano 98 ? never !

as in I tweet those ratings changes every month or so. just to stimulate convo and remind people of the glaringly obvious changes that need to be made.

as for Cristiano: he's still a goalscorer beyond compare but he's not effected the big games anywhere near enough to justify having the max rating. and bear that in mind, I don't want Cristiano Ronaldo to suddenly be like, 94 or something. 98 is still the second best rating in the game and puts him only behind Messi. that is absolutely fair given his performances (especially in the big games) since the start of 2015.