Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

Lol, i'm not even feeling the long reply, but Messi's playmaking has been outstanding this season, also his goals per 90 minutes ratio (SINCE YOU WANT TO MENTION GOALS SO MUCH) is better than Ronaldo's. But Ronaldo's played more minutes hence his volume of goals is better.

Anyway, i remember arguing that neymar may be deserving a 97 a few months back... i don't think he'll get it because of the April form though.

btw@ Justin X, most barca fans hate Jeremy Mathieu if that's anything for you. 

I find it amazing how much hate barca receives... like even right now with so many players saying they want to beat us... even Cuenca... not our fault he had so many injuries... we did give him a chance.

Anyway. 

Griezmann for 94 :D

Lol, i'm not even feeling the long reply, but Messi's playmaking has been outstanding this season, also his goals per 90 minutes ratio (SINCE YOU WANT TO MENTION GOALS SO MUCH) is better than Ronaldo's. But Ronaldo's played more minutes hence his volume of goals is better.

Anyway, i remember arguing that neymar may be deserving a 97 a few months back... i don't think he'll get it because of the April form though.

btw@ Justin X, most barca fans hate Jeremy Mathieu if that's anything for you. 

I find it amazing how much hate barca receives... like even right now with so many players saying they want to beat us... even Cuenca... not our fault he had so many injuries... we did give him a chance.

Anyway. 

Griezmann for 94 :D

I don't know where do you find your sources, but how can that be true? A least in La Liga and in CL, Messi's goal ration is not better, is way under actually. Yes, Messi's playmaking is very good, but i'm not saying otherwise or expect Ronaldo to match it, because, he's not a playmaker, it's not his role.

Drop Ronaldo? Are you mad? He carries that Madrid side. I would say this has been his weakest season for a while but what's he contributed? A few goals shy of 50? In about we as many games? You can't drop someone that scores for fun in a top European league. He could also win the CL still aswell.

What has Messi done more than him this season to keep his 99(not saying that he should drop)? And i don't care for graphics done by some barca fan like yourself. I'm completely aware of the stats in general, that is nothing new, another thing that is nothing new is the different kind of team playstyles and different kind of player will give you very different stats. Football is not all goals and assists, that is true, but to be fair, its the main objective of the game, is it not? 

Yes, of course, because any of the mentioned players ratings will be determined from the coming games, lol!

By the way, they are great but far from impeccable, and i point out the lack of competition by the top teams as one of the reasons of their success. 

the lack of competition... over a 10 year period? yeah... no. that's just emphatically not the case. try again.

and no I think most of those ratings I suggested should be happening regardless of the next two games. they've earned them over the course of the season. things like Cristiano dropping and Neymar rising are very much contingent on what happens next and I pointed that out. ditto Sevilla's rises. but everything else has already been earned.

yes scoring goals to win games is the main objective of the TEAM game and that's why forwards are rated higher than defenders, etc., but that's not the ONLY part of the game and if it were based solely on goals then why was Di Stefano always considered superior to Puskas when the latter scored at a better ratio than him, hmm? why is Best remembered with far more admiration than Law and Charlton? why were Beckenbauer and Cruyff lauded over Muller? Maradona over Hugo Sanchez? Zidane over Batistuta? no one except the Dutch and Manchester United fans though RvN was better than Thierry Henry, why?

because goals aren't everything. this obsession with scoring as the main marker for greatness is so new and I really REALLY find it to be quite detestable. Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest goalscorers of all-time, for sure. he's incredible. but this season his goalscoring has not been present in enough big games to justify sharing the max rating with Messi, who is one of the greatest PLAYERS of all-time, Messi who brings goals and then so much more to the table.

but even if you ignore Messi completely.. Cristiano's goals, the metric by which he has dominated and earned his 99 rating, those goals have not come in the same big games that they used to. they've been in stat-padding hauls against weaker opposition. so if he doesn't score meaningfully in the CL Final, how can he justify the max rating? BY HIS OWN STANDARDS he has been poor this season.

as for what Messi has done to justify keeping his rating... have you been watching this season? his playmaking and general orchestrative play has been outrageously good and he's scored plenty of goals as well. 41 goals and 21 assists all while spending 2 months out with a serious knee injury is absurd, especially when you factor in the golden chances he's laid on for Suárez, Neymar, Alba, etc. that they've just wasted too.

Okay so I am not saying it's a bad league or anything such but you win Serie A for me it's like oh great you are the great cheat Congratulations. You win the BPL dayum well done Mr Money great job , you win Bundesliga ok you dont win the Bundesliga it's given to you but you win La Liga who cares don't really want the trophy mmm i'll take it though if i have to i guess. <_<

the lack of competition... over a 10 year period? yeah... no. that's just emphatically not the case. try again.

Won't read all of that, don't have the time nor the patience! 

Yes, lack of competition, i will not try again, its not the main reason, of course, as they are really a very good team with very good players. But when they catch a team with quality and spirit, they tend to fall. 

Anyway, very impressive season from Suarez, he's surely a serious Ballon d'or contestant this year.

Godin and Koke,Savic to rise if they win CL ? Opinions?

Also,Inaki to 88 maybe?

Suarez to 97 ?

Mustafi and Abdenour stay?

Godin should be rising to 95, Koke 94 is 50/50 imo, rather than Savic Gimenez should be rising!

Inaki 88, Suarez 97, Mustafi and Abdennour stay.

Albentosa I suspect will get a +2 to 87.

no idea if Malaga will sign him up. I would have thought they will, but who knows.

Quoted for truth.

look, he's not gonna get bumped down to 98.

but he should.

98 is still comfortably better than EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME EXCEPT MESSI.

which is the point.

Cristiano is clearly not on Messi's level, so why should he share a rating with him?

no one has answered this question.

if Messi is 99, Cristiano is 98. that's how SM had it for years and was the perfect representation of where they both stood and stand.

now they're both level in ratings but they are NOT level in ability.

the way you guys talk it's as if I want him bumped down to 95 or something.

jokes.

Albentosa I suspect will get a +2 to 87.

no idea if Malaga will sign him up. I would have thought they will, but who knows.

look, he's not gonna get bumped down to 98.

but he should.

98 is still comfortably better than EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GAME EXCEPT MESSI.

which is the point.

Cristiano is clearly not on Messi's level, so why should he share a rating with him?

no one has answered this question.

if Messi is 99, Cristiano is 98. that's how SM had it for years and was the perfect representation of where they both stood and stand.

now they're both level in ratings but they are NOT level in ability.

the way you guys talk it's as if I want him bumped down to 95 or something.

jokes.

Messi will be even better when they'll rise his doping dose a little bit more. Like Armstrong for example, that crap will only come out when he's 33 or 34 and falling apart on the field and i'm not talking only about throwing up.

Messi will be even better when they'll rise his doping dose a little bit more. Like Armstrong for example, that crap will only come out when he's 33 or 34 and falling apart on the field and i'm not talking only about throwing up.

was this really necessary ?

If you want to disagree fine, but don't wish ill on a player. 

was this really necessary ?

If you want to disagree fine, but don't wish ill on a player. 

I'm not wishing him ill! I don't hate him, au contraire of others who hate Ronaldo, and the notion of others recognizing his talents and putting him at the same level as Messi. Plain sick and blind, fanatism, which is commonly associated with the catalunya club.

But one cannot ignore the GHD treatments and who knows which other substances(illegal) he has in his body. Come on, we all know he's a cheater (tax evasion anyone?), its just a matter of time.