Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

I'm not wishing him ill! I don't hate him, au contraire of others who hate Ronaldo, and the notion of others recognizing his talents and putting him at the same level as Messi. Plain sick and blind, fanatism, which is commonly associated with the catalunya club.

But one cannot ignore the GHD treatments and who knows which other substances(illegal) he has in his body. Come on, we all know he's a cheater (tax evasion anyone?), its just a matter of time.

Fuentes blood bags, which the Spanish judge ordered to be destroyed, currently awaiting appeal, probably has half the madrid team as well. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

four CL's in the last 10 years when no one else has won it more than 1 time in that same span.

this current core group (Messi, Iniesta, Piqué, Busquets) has won 3 CL's and 5 Ligas in the last 7 years. in that time-span they have TWO Trebles. TWO. there are literal handful of other Euro clubs who have just one Treble in all of football history. and Barcelona have two in the last 7 years.

sounds pretty damn impeccable to me there, pal.

"another great season" where he's basically been useless against anyone good?

he scored in El Clásico, that and a goal against Celta earlier in the season are honestly his only goals against a good opponent.

look if he slaps a goal in against Atléti in the CL Final (a meaningful one, not some late penalty like last time) I'll drop this argument that he should get a -1. until then, if you can honestly look at that graph I linked to, as well as the games he's played this season, and tell me he deserves to be rated the same as Messi then you, my friend, should not discuss football on here.

Neymar's been outrageously good this season (there is more to football than goals and assists - even Suárez acknowledged as much earlier this week). but Neymar's struggles since April began will count against him. but like I said the +1 is contingent on him finishing strong. if he doesn't do well against Granada and especially Sevilla in the Copa Final, then he should stay at 96.

Lol, i'm not even feeling the long reply, but Messi's playmaking has been outstanding this season, also his goals per 90 minutes ratio (SINCE YOU WANT TO MENTION GOALS SO MUCH) is better than Ronaldo's. But Ronaldo's played more minutes hence his volume of goals is better.

btw@ Justin X, most barca fans hate Jeremy Mathieu if that's anything for you. 

I find it amazing how much hate barca receives

I don't hate Barcelona. I know what they did is unachievable by any other club. But I'm just unhappy on how Barca fans look to the world then. In an year when Ronaldo had scored more than 50 goals in 6 consecutive seasons. 6..... Not even Messi has done that. Ronaldo is being consistently great, yet you want to degrade his rating?

Tell me about the competition that Barcelona wins. Ok they are better than Real, Atletico and? Is there anymore competition for the La Liga title? The 2 Spanish Cups? In champions league upto quarter finals, that too if they get a worthy opponent like Bayern, Juve.

I'd this kind of Barca team doesn't win 4 Ucls in 7 years, it would be a Shane for such players to be called world class.

Fuentes blood bags, which the Spanish judge ordered to be destroyed, currently awaiting appeal, probably has half the madrid team as well. 

there's such a wild misconception about this.

the Fuentes blood bags are from a decade ago, so it's far more likely to have loads of Madrid players than Barcelona ones. Xavi and Puyol might be there from the national side, but that'd be about it. Fuentes was more involved in Real Sociedad (inc. Xabi Alonso), the Italian national side and cycling.

I don't hate Barcelona. I know what they did is unachievable by any other club. But I'm just unhappy on how Barca fans look to the world then. In an year when Ronaldo had scored more than 50 goals in 6 consecutive seasons. 6..... Not even Messi has done that. Ronaldo is being consistently great, yet you want to degrade his rating?

Tell me about the competition that Barcelona wins. Ok they are better than Real, Atletico and? Is there anymore competition for the La Liga title? The 2 Spanish Cups? In champions league upto quarter finals, that too if they get a worthy opponent like Bayern, Juve.

I'd this kind of Barca team doesn't win 4 Ucls in 7 years, it would be a Shane for such players to be called world class.

I never wanted Cristiano to get 99 in the first place, because he never deserved it.

he's never been on the same level as Messi, because he is a goalscorer while Messi is an all-around talent.

so yes, I want to degrade his rating. to 98. which is still better than literally everyone else on the game. I recognise the peerlessness of his goalscoring, it's a PHENOMENAL achievement. that's why I want him rated better than everyone else except the best player in the world.

is that too hard to understand?

not even going to bother addressing the second part of your message you obviously have no idea about the quality running through all of La Liga even though it's staring you smack in the face with the Spanish dominance of the Champions League and Europa League.

Saying Ronaldo never deserved 99 is absolutely absurd. Yes Messi and Ronaldo are not the same type of player, but they are both the pinnacle of their respective types of football. Ballon D'or winner (I'm aware Messi has more), and 50+ goals for 6 SEASONS IN A ROW. It doesn't matter where you stand on the Messi v Ronaldo debate, that record is disgusting. If Real Madrid don't win anything its through no fault of Ronaldo.

The point I'm making is; as Ronaldo ages and Messi adapts to playing in MSN, it's getting harder to compare them as players because they are moving away from each other in terms of style. If Ronaldo was still a winger then fair enough, but he isn't. Messi has moved this season to being more of a provider, while Ronaldo has just continued to be an absolute machine for goals. They both deserve 99 for their respective traits and style of play. 

I never wanted Cristiano to get 99 in the first place, because he never deserved it.

he's never been on the same level as Messi, because he is a goalscorer while Messi is an all-around talent.

so yes, I want to degrade his rating. to 98. which is still better than literally everyone else on the game. I recognise the peerlessness of his goalscoring, it's a PHENOMENAL achievement. that's why I want him rated better than everyone else except the best player in the world.

is that too hard to understand?

not even going to bother addressing the second part of your message you obviously have no idea about the quality running through all of La Liga even though it's staring you smack in the face with the Spanish dominance of the Champions League and Europa League.

I would like to know how do you see Messi as such an all-round talent, oh its because his excellent heading skills and aerial ability?

I would like to know how do you see Messi as such an all-round talent, oh its because his excellent heading skills and aerial ability?

it's because he's a better passer.

a better defender.

a better playmaker.

a better winger.

and, yes, he's even a better scorer when Barcelona need him to be.

he participates in every aspect of his team's play. he's not simply a striker, as Cristiano has been since 2008. and that's no knock on Cristiano, he's magnificent, but someone who excels in one aspect of the sport but is average in the others cannot be considered as good as someone who is good-to-otherworldly is most aspects.

Saying Ronaldo never deserved 99 is absolutely absurd. Yes Messi and Ronaldo are not the same type of player, but they are both the pinnacle of their respective types of football. Ballon D'or winner (I'm aware Messi has more), and 50+ goals for 6 SEASONS IN A ROW. It doesn't matter where you stand on the Messi v Ronaldo debate, that record is disgusting. If Real Madrid don't win anything its through no fault of Ronaldo.

The point I'm making is; as Ronaldo ages and Messi adapts to playing in MSN, it's getting harder to compare them as players because they are moving away from each other in terms of style. If Ronaldo was still a winger then fair enough, but he isn't. Messi has moved this season to being more of a provider, while Ronaldo has just continued to be an absolute machine for goals. They both deserve 99 for their respective traits and style of play. 

how on earth do you consider being a goalscorer, even the greatest goalscorer ever (which Cristiano isn't but whatever let's roll with it) worthy of being rated the same as Messi?

Messi who is the best playmaker on the planet by lightyears? AND one of the best goalscorers? Messi who plays right-wing, centre-mid and #10 all at the same time? Messi who, when his team needed him to be, was a better goalscorer than Cristiano has ever been?

again, I think Cristiano is a magnificent goalscorer but the idea he was ever worthy of being rated the same as Messi is ludicrous. furthermore they have NEVER had the same style of play and Cristiano hasn't played as a conventional winger since 2006-07 and the first half of 2008-09.

50 goals for 6 seasons in a row is INCREDIBLE. absolutely. but what does Cristiano offer beyond goals? nothing. Messi has scored more than 40 goals for 7 seasons in a row (only reason it's not 50+ for 7 is because of two serious injuries - something Cristiano hasn't had to deal with) and he did that all while being ten times the playmaker Cristiano is AND leading his team to SEVERAL more trophies than Cristiano did for Madrid (which he can do because of his playmaking skills).

does that mean Cristiano sucks? no.

what it means is Cristiano should not be rated the same as Messi. but should obviously be rated better than everyone else.

hence: Cristiano -1 to 98

it's really not complicated.

Let me just be clear 1st, I'm not going to jump into the argument of whether or not Ronaldo should be 98 or 99

Let me also state that I attempt to be very unbiased (and i don't think i am at all really)

Just a side note, my favorite player is actually Griezmann of Atleti (since his sociedad days) so there's that

ANYWAY

So, I believe Messi is more rounded than Ronaldo as a player... why? Messi influences a game in more ways than ronaldo does. Can you really say Ronaldo consistently influences a game in any way outside of scoring goals? (very important to score though yes). 

Ronaldo does get assists, but he doesnt create nearly as many chances for teammates as Messi does. Bale and Benzema aren't terrible players by any stretch of the imagination. Ronaldo is simply not a playmaker, he's a pure goal scoring machine. Great.

You may tend to say ronaldo is more "complete" due to his extra physical abilities, however, this generally just adds to his scoring. Again, as I would say, Messi can create chances from his dribbling and passing ability.

Not to mention he can drop back and control the tempo of the game if he decides. Ronaldo is still a fantastic player though and him plus Messi are heads and shoulders above their generation.

BACK ON TOPIC ;)

Sevilla's for the EL tomorrow :D

Gameiro for 91 if they win it?

how on earth do you consider being a goalscorer, even the greatest goalscorer ever (which Cristiano isn't but whatever let's roll with it) worthy of being rated the same as Messi?

Messi who is the best playmaker on the planet by lightyears? AND one of the best goalscorers? Messi who plays right-wing, centre-mid and #10 all at the same time? Messi who, when his team needed him to be, was a better goalscorer than Cristiano has ever been?

again, I think Cristiano is a magnificent goalscorer but the idea he was ever worthy of being rated the same as Messi is ludicrous. furthermore they have NEVER had the same style of play and Cristiano hasn't played as a conventional winger since 2006-07 and the first half of 2008-09.

50 goals for 6 seasons in a row is INCREDIBLE. absolutely. but what does Cristiano offer beyond goals? nothing. Messi has scored more than 40 goals for 7 seasons in a row (only reason it's not 50+ for 7 is because of two serious injuries - something Cristiano hasn't had to deal with) and he did that all while being ten times the playmaker Cristiano is AND leading his team to SEVERAL more trophies than Cristiano did for Madrid (which he can do because of his playmaking skills).

does that mean Cristiano sucks? no.

what it means is Cristiano should not be rated the same as Messi. but should obviously be rated better than everyone else.

hence: Cristiano -1 to 98

it's really not complicated.

Ronaldo%2Bvs%2BMessi%2BAll%2Btime%2BStat

How just giving 10-15 assists less Ronaldo don't deserve to be on Messi's level?