Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

How just giving 10-15 assists less Ronaldo don't deserve to be on Messi's level?

when he was at Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas always had higher assist numbers than both Xavi and Iniesta.

assist numbers are not the ultimate sign of a creative player, the kind of player who makes his team-mates better and elevates everyone around him to perform to a higher level.

the reason Cristiano's trophy cabinet is so much barer then Messi's is because he is not the type of player to inspire his team-mates in a similar way. he is (or, has become) a striker who thrives on the creativity of others.

no one here has come up with a counter-argument to my points. not one. you all just parrot the same line "OMG GOALZ!" which I already acknowledged and exposed as not a valid enough reason for the two to share a rating. none of you have anything else to say, and frankly I'm getting bored repeating myself.

I'll just leave the debate with this image, which pretty much says it all.

oeeyQck.png

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

when he was at Arsenal, Cesc Fabregas always had higher assist numbers than both Xavi and Iniesta.

assist numbers are not the ultimate sign of a creative player, the kind of player who makes his team-mates better and elevates everyone around him to perform to a higher level.

the reason Cristiano's trophy cabinet is so much barer then Messi's is because he is not the type of player to inspire his team-mates in a similar way. he is (or, has become) a striker who thrives on the creativity of others.

no one here has come up with a counter-argument to my points. not one. you all just parrot the same line "OMG GOALZ!" which I already acknowledged and exposed as not a valid enough reason for the two to share a rating. none of you have anything else to say, and frankly I'm getting bored repeating myself.

oeeyQck.png

:)

it's because he's a better passer.

a better defender.

a better playmaker.

a better winger.

and, yes, he's even a better scorer when Barcelona need him to be.

he participates in every aspect of his team's play. he's not simply a striker, as Cristiano has been since 2008. and that's no knock on Cristiano, he's magnificent, but someone who excels in one aspect of the sport but is average in the others cannot be considered as good as someone who is good-to-otherworldly is most aspects.

They have different play style to begin with, so it's pointless to compare them (like an orange to a banana).

While I agree on Messi having better passing skills and playmaking skills (and infact in NT he plays as advanced playmaker)

-neither of them really helps  the team in defensive phase

-Ronaldo is faster and more powerful, which helps a lot in the counterattack phase. The only aspect of the winger duties in which Messi is superior to cr7 is the creative phase, but it's not like Cr7 has no creativity at all - so not even close, Messi is not an overall better winger than Cr7 at all.

-better scorer is also debatable, as Real Madrid depends a lot more on Cr7 scoring,  than Barca depends in Messi scoring (especially given Suarez and Neymar being very prolific too) 

99 is fair for both Ronaldo and Messi.

Changing point of discussion. When is Godin going to rise? Best defender of the world and the defensive leader of the best defense of the world, yet Ramos and Thiago Silva are rated higher which is absolutely laughable.

He should be at very least 95, but his proper SM rating should be a 96.

Changing point of discussion. When is Godin going to rise? Best defender of the world and the defensive leader of the best defense of the world, yet Ramos and Thiago Silva are rated higher which is absolutely laughable.

He should be at very least 95, but his proper SM rating should be a 96.

already changed the point of discussion last night mate. nothing anyone has said has been correct (tho your argument was at least coherent so props for that) so I said my final piece and moved on.

and I've said this before, Godín should already be 96 (in fact he should have been this two years ago) and Piqué should be 95 again.

it's laughable that they're below Ramos and Thiago Silva. having Ramos, T-Silva and Piqué on 95 while Godín is on 96 is the best representation of their abilities and achievements. but then I've been saying this for ages. SM is so weird with La Liga defenders.

already changed the point of discussion last night mate. nothing anyone has said has been correct (tho your argument was at least coherent so props for that) so I said my final piece and moved on.

and I've said this before, Godín should already be 96 (in fact he should have been this two years ago) and Piqué should be 95 again.

it's laughable that they're below Ramos and Thiago Silva. having Ramos, T-Silva and Piqué on 95 while Godín is on 96 is the best representation of their abilities and achievements. but then I've been saying this for ages. SM is so weird with La Liga defenders.

lol no chance for godin 96 (  only puyol and vidic had 96, CB legend), 95 is good.

Rakitic possible +1 or stay at 93 for some time?

should definitely get a +1 he's a huge presence for Barcelona.

whether he'll get that +1 tho is up for debate. SM are funny when it comes to La Liga and even funnier when it comes to giving Barcelona and Atléti the props they deserve for their phenomenal performances and dominance.

oeeyQck.png

Cute graphic, pretty meaningless though.

It's quite funny you mention in a post about peoples replies not being coherent, you haven't actually made one solid point. Just a lot of hot air about goal scoring, creativity and Messi playing in every single position in the team. There are zero points with substance in your argument for lowering the rating of Ronaldo.

If creativity is inspiring your fellow players to greatness, it isn't, and Messi is the king of it then why did Barcelona crash out of the champions league with arguably the best forward line in world football. While Real are in the final with an inferior side? 

Why did Barcelona almost collapse and hand the title to Real?

Surely a team with such a gifted, inspirational God would be walking away with every title and leaving everyone else with bare cupboards.

If creativity is inspiring your fellow players to greatness, it isn't, and Messi is the king of it then why did Barcelona crash out of the champions league with arguably the best forward line in world football. While Real are in the final with an inferior side? 

Why did Barcelona almost collapse and hand the title to Real?

Bad april

Barcelona : tired tired tired, only munir to replace MSN... 

Real : James,isco,vasquez,jese to replace BBC.