Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

but since you asked for it and I'm bored...

Cristiano -1 to 98 (doesn't effect the big games anymore, is not as comprehensively complete as Messi so shouldn't share a rating with him - still deserves to be rated higher than everyone else for his enormous goal tally)

Bale +1 to 95 (Madrid's most efficient attacker and their most rounded one too. has been a huge part of two CL wins and one Copa win in his time at Madrid - is the only reason Madrid beat City, also)

Benzema +1 to 95 (debatable; he doesn't seem like a 95-level player but he's as good as Aguero, sooo...)

Modric +1 to 95 (third best midfielder in the world - effortlessly class every time he steps on the field)

Keylor +2 to 93 (unreal goalie. best in La Liga this season and two seasons ago)

Casemiro +1 to 90 (has added such balance to the Madrid midfield - not a spectacular talent but fills a really important role for the European Champions)

no one else tho, Madrid are not a great side and got so lucky with that offside goal. worst CL champions since Chelsea 2012. also Cristiano Ronaldo has played in four European Cup finals and been absolutely useless in three of them. still should get a -1. he won't, obviously, but he should.

Suárez +1 to 97 (second best goalscorer in the world, best #9 in the world, hugely decisive season)

Neymar +1 to 97 (second best player in the world, absurdly rounded talent with a massive influence on the way Barcelona play - carried the side in Messi's injury absence - was immense in the Copa Final and has the most chances created in the CL this season).

Busquets +1 to 96 (best midfielder in the world. should be ranked as such. his influence is so huge that Barcelona look significantly worse when Mascherano, one of the best DM's around, replaces him there. has won THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since his last ratings review)

Piqué +1 to 95 (second best defender in the world, holds Barca's defence together - has won THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since his last ratings review)

Alba +1 to 93 (world-class fullback with much improved defence to now match his offence - scored huge CdR final goal)

Vermaelen -1 to 88 (injury has destroyed him)

Adriano -1 to 88 (injury and age has destroyed him)

Douglas -2 to 83 (not very good)

Godín +2 to 96 (best defender in the world and has been (or occasionally #2) since 2013.

Griezmann +1 to 94 (unreal performer all season, wrecked Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the Champions League)

Koke +1 to 94 (one of the best midfielders around - a tireless workhorse oozing with finesse and orchestrating ability)

Gabi +2 to 94 (I know he's 32, I don't care, he's absolutely outstanding and one of the top DM's around - bossed the CL Final)

Juanfran +1 to 93 (second best RB in the world right now, should be rated as such)

Filipe Luis +2 to 93 (easily as good as Alba and Marcelo, should be rated the same)

Oblak +2 to 92 (one of the best goalkeepers in the world. conceded just 18 league goals and won the Zamora)

Giménez +2 to 92 (replaced Miranda so seamlessly at the start of the season. an absolute rock at the back for club and country).

Saúl +3 to 91 (emerged from nowhere to be an absolute stud. one of the stars of the Atléti midfield an whilst capable of great moments of strength and courage he's also overflowing with skill and inventiveness. huge role in Atléti's march to the Final.

Carrasco +1 to 90 (really decisive winger - shades of becoming the next Arda Turan - brilliant in the CL Final)

Augusto +1 to 89 (solid DM who made the Tiago injury a non-factor when it could have crippled their season)

Correa +1 to 88 (mercurial young talent - won games for Madrid, playing a big part in their Title Challenge.

Partey +2 to 86 (promising youngster)

Lucas +5 to 85 (promising youngster)

but since you asked for it and I'm bored...

Cristiano -1 to 98 (doesn't effect the big games anymore, is not as comprehensively complete as Messi so shouldn't share a rating with him - still deserves to be rated higher than everyone else for his enormous goal tally)

Bale +1 to 95 (Madrid's most efficient attacker and their most rounded one too. has been a huge part of two CL wins and one Copa win in his time at Madrid - is the only reason Madrid beat City, also)

Benzema +1 to 95 (debatable; he doesn't seem like a 95-level player but he's as good as Aguero, sooo...)

Modric +1 to 95 (third best midfielder in the world - effortlessly class every time he steps on the field)

Keylor +2 to 93 (unreal goalie. best in La Liga this season and two seasons ago)

Casemiro +1 to 90 (has added such balance to the Madrid midfield - not a spectacular talent but fills a really important role for the European Champions)

no one else tho, Madrid are not a great side and got so lucky with that offside goal. worst CL champions since Chelsea 2012. also Cristiano Ronaldo has played in four European Cup finals and been absolutely useless in three of them. still should get a -1. he won't, obviously, but he should.

Suárez +1 to 97 (second best goalscorer in the world, best #9 in the world, hugely decisive season)

Neymar +1 to 97 (second best player in the world, absurdly rounded talent with a massive influence on the way Barcelona play - carried the side in Messi's injury absence - was immense in the Copa Final and has the most chances created in the CL this season).

Busquets +1 to 96 (best midfielder in the world. should be ranked as such. his influence is so huge that Barcelona look significantly worse when Mascherano, one of the best DM's around, replaces him there. has won THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since his last ratings review)

Piqué +1 to 95 (second best defender in the world, holds Barca's defence together - has won THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since his last ratings review)

Alba +1 to 93 (world-class fullback with much improved defence to now match his offence - scored huge CdR final goal)

Vermaelen -1 to 88 (injury has destroyed him)

Adriano -1 to 88 (injury and age has destroyed him)

Douglas -2 to 83 (not very good)

Godín +2 to 96 (best defender in the world and has been (or occasionally #2) since 2013.

Griezmann +1 to 94 (unreal performer all season, wrecked Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the Champions League)

Koke +1 to 94 (one of the best midfielders around - a tireless workhorse oozing with finesse and orchestrating ability)

Gabi +2 to 94 (I know he's 32, I don't care, he's absolutely outstanding and one of the top DM's around - bossed the CL Final)

Juanfran +1 to 93 (second best RB in the world right now, should be rated as such)

Filipe Luis +2 to 93 (easily as good as Alba and Marcelo, should be rated the same)

Oblak +2 to 92 (one of the best goalkeepers in the world. conceded just 18 league goals and won the Zamora)

Giménez +2 to 92 (replaced Miranda so seamlessly at the start of the season. an absolute rock at the back for club and country).

Saúl +3 to 91 (emerged from nowhere to be an absolute stud. one of the stars of the Atléti midfield an whilst capable of great moments of strength and courage he's also overflowing with skill and inventiveness. huge role in Atléti's march to the Final.

Carrasco +1 to 90 (really decisive winger - shades of becoming the next Arda Turan - brilliant in the CL Final)

Augusto +1 to 89 (solid DM who made the Tiago injury a non-factor when it could have crippled their season)

Correa +1 to 88 (mercurial young talent - won games for Madrid, playing a big part in their Title Challenge.

Partey +2 to 86 (promising youngster)

Lucas +5 to 85 (promising youngster)

Same as you posted before but with a bit more nonsense,

Imagine being the top scorer in the top European level club competition for the fourth year in a row and a total of five time. Definitely need to drop that clown!

Now that's a much better post, appreciate the effort mate. Finding it hard to fault you with a lot of the arguments because I mostly agree.

With Ronaldo I think it comes down to where you stand on the great debate of football. For me I try not to get lost comparing him to Messi, but there's no denying he was a bit absent tonight. Next season I'd look to maybe notch him down one but for now he's fine at 99. Champions league with 16 goals and a 6th consecutive season over 50 in all comps tips the scale for me, for now. 

Agree with Bale, Modric and Casemiro and would like to see Navas get a +2 but I'm expecting +1 to avoid another Courtois - not saying it's likely to happen, just feel like SM will be more weary with keepers and it could come to hurt the likes of Navas and Oblak.

Agree with your points about Neymar and Suarez but feel like it will be too soon for SM to give them both a 97. Suarez absolutely has to, while Neymar has a lot of time to get to the 99 he's eventually capable of. 

Busquets and Alba I agree, but single goals don't make a player's rating. Pique I feel should get a 95 if Godin gets a 96, otherwise I think he'll stay. Would be a different story if they had a league difference but with them both being in Spain I feel like there should be a disparity in their ratings.

Godin I absolutely agree, best defender in the world and easily worthy of the 96. Says a lot to be able to hold a candle to the likes of Puyol and Vidic. Atletico's defence is nothing short of formidable and should be rated as such, totally agree with rises for Godin, Juanfran, Luis and Giminez. I can't remember the exact stat but they have something like 120 clean sheets in 190 games under Simeone. 

Griezmann 94 would be more concrete if they had managed to snag the CL, as 3rd in la liga doesn't really do Atleti justice but someone has to finish there. You said it yourself, big game performer, and a menace in front of goal. 

I personally love Koke as a player, would love to see him get the 94. And so what if Gabi is 32? they did the +2 bump for Pirlo, no reason not to do it again (personally doubt they will though).

Oblak showed in the final he is as vital the the back line as any one of the 4 defenders in front of him. Would love to see him get a 92, because the game needs to acknowledge the fact that not all of the best keepers live in England (bar Neuer of course).

the thing with Piqué and Godín is that there are clearly four CB's in the world that stand out above the rest in terms of both quality and success (Godín, Piqué, Ramos and Thiago Silva). now there are heirarchies inbetween that foursome, for sure, with Godín at the top of that - but at the minimum they should all be rated 95 above everyone else. no way Piqué should be on the same level as Boateng given 1. how well Piqué plays, 2. how little help he has and 3. what he's won.

(also Bonucci and Alaba both should have got +1's to 94)

Cristiano is amazing and while I recognise his enormous goalscoring and I understand that the optics of dropping someone who has achieved what he has this season looks kinda silly, the whole thing is predicated on Messi just quite clearly being better than him. if there was a 100 to raise Messi to, then Cristiano wouldn't have to drop. but there isn't. and there's also enough of a gap that a -1 still has him better than everyone else.

I too worry that Neymar won't rise. it's a shame because he definitely deserves it. after all he was better than Suárez in 2014-15 and yet both rose to 96 together. I feel it would be fair to raise them both, but yeah, let's wait and see on that one.

you're right that a single goal can't justify Alba's 93 but he's won LA LIGA, THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since he got 92. should have been 93 a long time ago tbh I don't know why he's not.

Atléti are in desperate need of some huge boosts for their players. I just wonder if SM will do any of them especially as the ended up winning nothing. I think that would be hugely unfair - beating Barcelona and Bayern Munich like the did is unquestionably more impressive than Madrid's CL win given that bar two games against PSG, Madrid didn't face a good team til the Final and they needed an offside goal and a penalty shootout to win that. Atléti meanwhile beat the two best teams in the world. they're so very good.

the thing with Piqué and Godín is that there are clearly four CB's in the world that stand out above the rest in terms of both quality and success (Godín, Piqué, Ramos and Thiago Silva). now there are heirarchies inbetween that foursome, for sure, with Godín at the top of that - but at the minimum they should all be rated 95 above everyone else. no way Piqué should be on the same level as Boateng given 1. how well Piqué plays, 2. how little help he has and 3. what he's won.

(also Bonucci and Alaba both should have got +1's to 94)

Cristiano is amazing and while I recognise his enormous goalscoring and I understand that the optics of dropping someone who has achieved what he has this season looks kinda silly, the whole thing is predicated on Messi just quite clearly being better than him. if there was a 100 to raise Messi to, then Cristiano wouldn't have to drop. but there isn't. and there's also enough of a gap that a -1 still has him better than everyone else.

I too worry that Neymar won't rise. it's a shame because he definitely deserves it. after all he was better than Suárez in 2014-15 and yet both rose to 96 together. I feel it would be fair to raise them both, but yeah, let's wait and see on that one.

you're right that a single goal can't justify Alba's 93 but he's won LA LIGA, THE TREBLE and THE DOUBLE since he got 92. should have been 93 a long time ago tbh I don't know why he's not.

Atléti are in desperate need of some huge boosts for their players. I just wonder if SM will do any of them especially as the ended up winning nothing. I think that would be hugely unfair - beating Barcelona and Bayern Munich like the did is unquestionably more impressive than Madrid's CL win given that bar two games against PSG, Madrid didn't face a good team til the Final and they needed an offside goal and a penalty shootout to win that. Atléti meanwhile beat the two best teams in the world. they're so very good.

I think you need to get your mind checked.

Ronaldo doesn't score in big games? Who win the game last night? Who scored a hattrick against Wolfsburg? Who scored the winner against Barcelona? Who's won 2 Ucls in 3 years? Who's been scoring over 50 goals in last 6 years? Who is going to be possibly the Ballon d'or winner for a 4th time?

If you think this man doesn't deserve to be on Messi's level. I feel sorry for you. I'll see what Messi can present when he crosses 30.

And how do you rate Messi over Ronaldo? He's scored 10 less goals and had 6 more assists than Ronaldo in almost equal number of games. How can you say Messi had been better when you clearly see they are both equally great?

Look at these stars and tell me how can you differentiate between their rating:

Ronaldo%2Bvs%2BMessi%2Bstatistics.jpg

I think you need to get your mind checked.

Ronaldo doesn't score in big games? Who win the game last night? Who scored a hattrick against Wolfsburg? Who scored the winner against Barcelona? Who's won 2 Ucls in 3 years? Who's been scoring over 50 goals in last 6 years? Who is going to be possibly the Ballon d'or winner for a 4th time?

If you think this man doesn't deserve to be on Messi's level. I feel sorry for you. I'll see what Messi can present when he crosses 30.

And how do you rate Messi over Ronaldo? He's scored 10 less goals and had 6 more assists than Ronaldo in almost equal number of games. How can you say Messi had been better when you clearly see they are both equally great?

Look at these stars and tell me how can you differentiate between their rating:Ronaldo%2Bvs%2BMessi%2Bstatistics.jpg

You have a serious fixation with goals.....

There is a lot more to the game than just goals

Don't spit your dummy out, when you're talking about Messi and Ronaldo you have to consider more than just goals, otherwise the argument is null and void because Suarez would be better than both of them...

exactly.

it's like this: if you stuck a chip in their heads so that every single shot they ever took would go 1 yard wide of the posts or over the bar, out for a goal-kick, what would you have? Cristiano would be a slightly above average winger (basically Ricardo Quaresma or Nani), and Messi would be the greatest playmaker in the world with peerless dribbling.

Cristiano is a goalscorer, Messi is a goalscorer AND SO MUCH MORE. in fact I would argue goalscoring is one of his least impressive skills. his dribbling, passing and positioning are all superior and he radiates serenity to his team-mates when he has the ball.

#Cristiano98Messi99PorFavor

Are you really comparing Ronaldo to Nani and Quaresma?

in the non-goalscoring aspects of his game, yes. absolutely.

the fact is, however, he scores goals. he scores so many goals and does it so consistently that there is only one player in the whole planet I would rate above him right now. and that is Lionel Messi. who both scores goals and does SO MUCH MORE for his team. he's the orchestrating #10, the dribbling winger and the lethal forward all in one.

in the non-goalscoring aspects of his game, yes. absolutely.

the fact is, however, he scores goals. he scores so many goals and does it so consistently that there is only one player in the whole planet I would rate above him right now. and that is Lionel Messi. who both scores goals and does SO MUCH MORE for his team. he's the orchestrating #10, the dribbling winger and the lethal forward all in one.

This guy is delusional! I think he might be using drugs a little too much, just like Messi, but instead of puking on the field, he just throw up all over these threads.

What happend with Gimenez last night? Why Savic was starter? I expected him in first XI.

I remember them saying something during the game why he wasn't starting but can't remember exactly what it was but he had hamstring problems not so long ago but my bet was dodgy Italian spaghetti and meatballs.

exactly.

it's like this: if you stuck a chip in their heads so that every single shot they ever took would go 1 yard wide of the posts or over the bar, out for a goal-kick, what would you have? Cristiano would be a slightly above average winger (basically Ricardo Quaresma or Nani), and Messi would be the greatest playmaker in the world with peerless dribbling.

Cristiano is a goalscorer, Messi is a goalscorer AND SO MUCH MORE. in fact I would argue goalscoring is one of his least impressive skills. his dribbling, passing and positioning are all superior and he radiates serenity to his team-mates when he has the ball.

Ronaldo above average winger...... Hahahahhohoho...... Someone please throw a brick on his face and being him back to this world.