Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

in the non-goalscoring aspects of his game, yes. absolutely.

the fact is, however, he scores goals. he scores so many goals and does it so consistently that there is only one player in the whole planet I would rate above him right now. and that is Lionel Messi. who both scores goals and does SO MUCH MORE for his team. he's the orchestrating #10, the dribbling winger and the lethal forward all in one.

#Cristiano98Messi99PorFavor

The final frontier of football is not "skill with the ball" abilities, metaphysical.

The final frontier of football is space - and only one player conquered it - Thomas Müller.

He is the best of the world in "off the ball" skills (movements and space analysis/exploit), to the point he even created a whole new position about it - Raumdeuter ("space investigator").

Enjoy this video analysis:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/161021860

He is literally always in the right place, at the right moment. Brazil NT knows very well something about this - as in 5 goals of the 7 of the semifinal of the last world cup, Müller was involved either directly and/or indirectly.

That said, stop comparing players of different styles and position - it's pointless. Messi and Ronaldo are different  type of players, with different natural positions and both deserve their 99 in their own respective position and style (unless you take in account NT performances, in which case they both should decrease...)

The final frontier of football is not "skill with the ball" abilities, metaphysical.

The final frontier of football is space - and only one player conquered it - Thomas Müller.

He is the best of the world in "off the ball" skills (movements and space analysis/exploit), to the point he even created a whole new position about it - Raumdeuter ("space investigator").

Enjoy this video analysis:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/161021860

He is literally always in the right place, at the right moment. Brazil NT knows very well something about this - as in 5 goals of the 7 of the semifinal of the last world cup, Müller was involved either directly and/or indirectly.

That said, stop comparing players of different styles and position - it's pointless. Messi and Ronaldo are different  type of players, with different natural positions and both deserve their 99 in their own respective position and style (unless you take in account NT performances, in which case they both should decrease...)

Thomas Muller is a superb user of space, yes. I'm a big fan. but you can only be a player like him if you play alongside those who use the ball excellently, otherwise you have no one for him to be a shadow of. that video is great, it's PURE Guardiola. full of examples of the counterpressing and movement Pedro used to do at Barcelona and Muller at Bayern. Muller is, in essence, a world-class version of Pedro. I wonder who will fill that role at City? hmmm.

as for your last point: sorry, but no. a goalscorer alone should not get the maximum rating on the game of 99 (especially given he rarely scored in big games this season: El Clásico and Athletic the only ones). he cannot be rated alongside a player who is almost as good of a goalscorer and an INFINITELY better dribbler, passer, playmaker and player overall. that literally makes no sense.

98, for the best goalscorer in the world (and one of the best all-time) is a fair rating.

This is pointless Ronaldo just won CL he won't drop and doesn't deserve to and Barca barely won la liga and copa del rey and this is clutching at straws as neither should Messi drop but on a whole Madrid were more successful winning the most coveted competition so in esense should 1 drop it's Messi. All arguments for either to drop are nonsense but again i agree there should only be 1 player on 99.

This is pointless Ronaldo just won CL he won't drop and doesn't deserve to and Barca barely won la liga and copa del rey and this is clutching at straws as neither should Messi drop but on a whole Madrid were more successful winning the most coveted competition so in esense should 1 drop it's Messi. All arguments for either to drop are nonsense but again i agree there should only be 1 player on 99.

more successful?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's some quality trolling, mate.

Since when is winning 1 trophy better than 2? lol

And the league should be rated higher, it shows consistency over an entire season, champions league can sometimes be luck of the draw, when you suffer a dip in form and you get an easy opponent (cough... roma/wolfsburg) compared to atletico madrid. 

Anyway.

For those of you arguing about Ronaldo's goals anyway, he did score what.. 8 vs espanyol ? (or was it rayo?) 

He had 9 of his 16 CL goals against Malmo and shakhtar lol 

3 against wolfsburg? Yes real lost 2-0 to them, but this is a team that was closer to the relegation places than it was to the european places for most of the season... i think they eventually managed to finish 10 points or so off europe (could be wrong). 

He also had none vs PSG, man city, and atleti, arguably the most important games in the CL this season (yes, apart from the 2nd leg against wolfsburg... a tie they made harder than it should've been). 

He did nothing in the final btw, he took the final penalty very well, but his performance was SUB PAR, apart from 1 play that i can remember. 

I'm not arguing about ratings, but I'm saying Messi is definitely better than Ronaldo :P

Does any think Banega can get a 92 btw?

more successful?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's some quality trolling, mate.

I believe this is the first team to win the CL without playing a former european champion, i might be wrong, but I dont think Malmo, shakhtar, psg, roma, wolfsburg, man city or atleti ever won it ;p

and more so not only that... just look at these opponents, Roma just had problems all over, wolfsburg was bottom half of the table for most of the season, manchester city have just been completely deplorable this season (PSG underperformed against them), and let's not even talk about the final. 

I believe this is the first team to win the CL without playing a former european champion, i might be wrong, but I dont think Malmo, shakhtar, psg, roma, wolfsburg, man city or atleti ever won it ;p

and more so not only that... just look at these opponents, Roma just had problems all over, wolfsburg was bottom half of the table for most of the season, manchester city have just been completely deplorable this season (PSG underperformed against them), and let's not even talk about the final. 

they're the least impressive CL winners since Steaua or PSV in the 80's. utter garbage as a team. a million miles from the 2014 side.

but S04 knows this. he's clearly just fed up of this debate so he's trolling so we get fed up and move on.

You're right on Real. It's just luck that they won. Besides PSG in group stage, non of the teams were up to Real's level until the final. And I supported Atletico for what a fantastic team they were. Real were so poor that they nearly got eliminated by Wolfsburg. But much of their poor performance was due to Rafa. He made this a mediocre team and if wasn't for him, Real would've won La Liga as Barcelona didn't had managerial problems like Real and they still fall in April. But who knows what could've happened and we shouldn't talk about what could've happened.

I don't think anyone of Messi or Ronaldo should drop because they both are greatest footballers ever, EQUALLY.

Neither Messi or Ronaldo will drop anytime soon, they both perform consistently every single season. They both finish either first or second in the Ballon D'or in recent seasons. Neither even deserve to drop, I don't see how you can say either one deserves to drop but for the last 5+ years these two are the pinnacle of the generation no one has been able to get near them. They both have numerous records to their name which of some won't be beaten for a fair while. Both of them have won loads of honours team wise and individually. Two absolutely phenomenal players and less face it if hazard didn't drop from 95 after the season he had and he's not regarded as good as these two (rightly so) unless either of them have a ridiculously poor season (which I can't see happening) they won't be dropping anytime soon.

Since when is winning 1 trophy better than 2? lol

And the league should be rated higher, it shows consistency over an entire season, champions league can sometimes be luck of the draw, when you suffer a dip in form and you get an easy opponent (cough... roma/wolfsburg) compared to atletico madrid. 

Anyway.

For those of you arguing about Ronaldo's goals anyway, he did score what.. 8 vs espanyol ? (or was it rayo?) 

He had 9 of his 16 CL goals against Malmo and shakhtar lol 

3 against wolfsburg? Yes real lost 2-0 to them, but this is a team that was closer to the relegation places than it was to the european places for most of the season... i think they eventually managed to finish 10 points or so off europe (could be wrong). 

He also had none vs PSG, man city, and atleti, arguably the most important games in the CL this season (yes, apart from the 2nd leg against wolfsburg... a tie they made harder than it should've been). 

He did nothing in the final btw, he took the final penalty very well, but his performance was SUB PAR, apart from 1 play that i can remember. 

I'm not arguing about ratings, but I'm saying Messi is definitely better than Ronaldo :P

Does any think Banega can get a 92 btw?

Banega 92???

Didn't he just sign for Inter? With all due respect a mid table team in a league that would not be considered in the top 3 in the world...

Be lucky to hold his 91