Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

On 21/12/2016 at 6:06 PM, jlammy said:

Do you legit think they'll drop Iniesta? Still a key player at Barca, and their most outstanding outfielder (he helps Busquets play better). 

Yeah

16 hours ago, Mystere said:

Varane 92? 

Nah

10 hours ago, BarcaKes1 said:

Manu Triguerous i wonder if he'll get the Badej/Rabiot treatment? lol

Probs not

On 22/12/2016 at 0:28 PM, Mystere said:

Varane 92? 

I feel that based on other changes so far he will get the 92. Madrid's record & rotation of the squad yet his having obtained one of the highest minutes totals in the squad will both ensure he gets a +1. I wouldn't say he's been anything better than how he performed when attaining the 91 but consistency at big clubs is often rewarded by SM.

15 minutes ago, The punch said:

Varane 1900 mins, 3 goal 1 assist +1 100%

He's a CB, goals & assists mean nothing. 

In La Liga he has around 950, 11 appearances & 10 full games. 3 clean sheets & 9 goals conceded total. Across all competitions I believe it's close to 1900 minutes but the stats that matter for him are more so the average of 1.7 tackles per game, 1.9 interceptions & only 0.4 fouls. 4.1 clearances & 0.8 blocks. When you compare that to Ramos; 1.8 tackles, 2.0 interceptions & 1.1 fouls they're in close competition whilst Ramos clears less due to his being a superior ball playing CB with 3.0 but he has half the blocks of Varane as he averages 0.4 per game.

I would still say that Varane is fairly weak in regards to tackling, but he's aerially strong & not afraid to intercept, he reads the game pretty well. 

As mentioned they're two different types of CB however myself I prefer defenders that defend. Bonucci & Godin over a Pique or Ramos everyday, I don't need defenders that want to score goals, break lines into the midfield & get out of position which leads to my side being vulnerable on the counter attack, other players can do those jobs. Varane is closer to the mould of Bonnuci & Godin than Pique or Ramos but that's the good counter balance for the Madrid pairing & thankfully with Casemiro to cover Ramos they're efficient & that's been a big part of Zidane' record, ensuring that the attacking fullbacks & Ramos venturing forward is covered by playing a midfield with the duties that in the past Madrid have never really valued.

Overall though, either way Varane is a +1.

4 hours ago, Monolithic said:

If Cancelo does complete his move to Barcelona, do people think that will make a difference to his rise this time?

Cancelo to Barcelona is confirmed, he will join in the summer. Valencia flirting with relegation after what has somehow been a further decline in form, performance, shift of staff, additional managerial changes & so on, a club in turmoil to be honest & the pressures of the fans really don't help either, the quantity of coaches the club have been through due to deluded opinions that their club should always been challenging for the title only harms them. 

Anyway, despite the agreed move to Barcelona, which is a great move for both I believe, he will still only get a +1 at the most which is due to his consistency in the side over the past couple of seasons, various positions covered etc, I believe he's attained some of the most minutes for Valencia this season. He hasn't been getting forward & assisting as much as before though but in general Valencia haven't done anything as good. 

3 games for Portugal since they won the European Championships in the summer so he will presumably get +1 only at this time.

12 minutes ago, DP 91 said:

Cancelo to Barcelona is confirmed, he will join in the summer. Valencia flirting with relegation after what has somehow been a further decline in form, performance, shift of staff, additional managerial changes & so on, a club in turmoil to be honest & the pressures of the fans really don't help either, the quantity of coaches the club have been through due to deluded opinions that their club should always been challenging for the title only harms them. 

Anyway, despite the agreed move to Barcelona, which is a great move for both I believe, he will still only get a +1 at the most which is due to his consistency in the side over the past couple of seasons, various positions covered etc, I believe he's attained some of the most minutes for Valencia this season. He hasn't been getting forward & assisting as much as before though but in general Valencia haven't done anything as good. 

3 games for Portugal since they won the European Championships in the summer so he will presumably get +1 only at this time.

hhhmmm +2 i thimk

Yeray Alvarez definitely deserves a big rise. Regular starter for Athletic (I think he starts most games), but only 78! Should probs be at least 83, and you never know, maybe SM staff even have something called sympathy lying dormant in their hearts, and give him a more generous rise due to his recent troubles. That said, the SM troll may rear its head and regard his testicular cancer as a "long term injury" and thus he may get a smaller rise...

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM, jlammy said:

Casemiro is a starter for Madrid when fit; problem being that he had a recent injury lay-off. Maybe won't rise this review, but defo by end of season when Madrid have won the treble HALA MADRID!! :P

In all seriousness, he deserves a rise sooner or later. 

SM's been generous this review though, they'll probably give the +1...but he deserves it

Anyone think camacho or illarramendi could rise? both have been good at malaga/sociedad

46 minutes ago, jlammy said:

Yeray Alvarez definitely deserves a big rise. Regular starter for Athletic (I think he starts most games), but only 78! Should probs be at least 83, and you never know, maybe SM staff even have something called sympathy lying dormant in their hearts, and give him a more generous rise due to his recent troubles. That said, the SM troll may rear its head and regard his testicular cancer as a "long term injury" and thus he may get a smaller rise...

big rise and sell then...lol

12 hours ago, TMCosta said:

Yeray Alvarez? Playing...and good but just got balls cancer...

+4

15 hours ago, jlammy said:

Juanfran to survive this review? Worth keeping or nah?

Yes

11 hours ago, BarcaKes1 said:

SM's been generous this review though, they'll probably give the +1...but he deserves it

Anyone think camacho or illarramendi could rise? both have been good at malaga/sociedad

Doubt they will

Cancelo +1