Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings 2012/2013

Yeah' date=' for real. I have not been on SM too much recently and I have missed so many players. :o[/quote']

Very good player, possibly underrated by many, I live in Seville and I remember when a Spanish dude told me about him like 2 years ago and I didn't even have a clue who he was, he showed me some vidoes of him then not long after he was in the Spain national team. He's a very very good player and he will definitely be getting atleast an 89.

Is Jese Rodriguez going to go up this review? think hes worth buying for 3.5 mil??

Yes, he 100% deserves a rise, but even if SM in their "wisdom" don't rise him, he is still very worth buying for 3,5m. He is a great talent who has the potential to be a 90+ player in the future.

Valencia are a shadow of the team they were even two years ago.

There league displays have been on the whole dire' date=' Champions league group was extremely easy in my opinion to qualify against a decimated Lille and the might of Bate.

There is no justification for some of those rises. Feghouli to 90 is a joke IMO he has proven very little at the top stage, Tino Costa to rise :eek:

TBH it dont surprise me anymore but simply the rating system is miles to generous, and as for hedging there bets they will finish 4th etc you cant base ratings around some phantom Crystal ball moment.

It aint just the Spanish league it is every League miles miles to generous and it will reduce the quality of the game IMO by having so many players at ratings which are completely unjustifiable based on what they have actually done/achieved over a consistant and lengthy timeframe.[/quote']

I agree, it's obvious that they 've changed the way and the criteria for the ratings, it's far more generous than it used to be until 6 months ago. Of course there are the usual SM defenders who try to justify every single rating as 100% spot on, but the fact is that now they are throwing the +1 and +2 for players rated 90+ too much easy, when in the past a player should have proven that he deserves a rise and actually earn it, and a rise (especially a +2!) wasn't something so easy and so common to see for players 90+.

I think too that if this continues, it will reduce the quality and the accuracy of the database, long term.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Barcelona and Real, if they keep throwing these +1 and +2 to everyone!

It seems that they have finished Valencia and moved on to other teams (Rayo Vallecano and Levante were done today), and if so, i think it's unfair for Soldado staying at 91 and not having a rise, after all this generosity and all the +1 and +2 around him! He is the best player of Valencia and he is consistent for the last 2-3 seasons. He is probably the only one who isn't playing bad this season, he has 11 goals in the league (in 19 matches) and 4 goals in 5 matches in the CL. And the most important thing of all, he is now member of the best National Team in the world, he has caps and goals for Spain!

Huntelaar got a rise to 92 and he has only 5 goals so far in the league, Soldado compared to him and staying at 91 is just unfair. Especially with all these generous (and in many cases unjustified) rises around him, it's a joke.

If they haven't forgotten him (like Kehl and Jung) and don't rise him in the coming days, IMO Soldado is "Kiessling no.2", a player obviously overlooked and unfairly ignored.

If that's the case it certainly is very wrong!!

That would have been doing the ratings "Commander style" and base the ratings of things that might be in the future...

Actually, it looks exactly like this...:rolleyes:

The way they do the reviews, it's like Commander is in the SM group of people who are doing the reviews... :rolleyes: If he really was, i think we wouldn't have much difference in some ratings! :o

I agree' date=' it's obvious that they 've changed the way and the criteria for the ratings, it's far more generous than it used to be until 6 months ago.[/quote']

Or maybe its not generous and theyre just looking back at players through the whole year and slapping high rises for what theyve achieved eg Huntelaar? Which btw I dont agree with unless the team has been consistent which Valencia havent.

If that's the case it certainly is very wrong!!

That would have been doing the ratings "Commander style" and base the ratings of things that might be in the future...

I believe thats what sm is doing, they aren't as much complying to users votes on sw as they are preparing players for the further abandonment of the league review system which will ultimately leave some players unreviewed for long periods while others are constantly updated.

perfect example is inflated rise of götze. most managers will be happy with a 93 rating until mid 2013/14 season. that is unless borussia win the cl.. and even if, 93 is still applicable.

I was hoping they would get Malaga done today but looks like they stopped half way through real betis this snail pace is really frustrating

unfortunately with nearly all the La Liga teams have 2 squads (A & B teams) to review it is taking longer, so still Malaga/Atl Madrid A&B, then Real Madrid & Castilla and Barca & Barca B to go..

The EPL voting started yesterday though, QPR, Newcastle, Villa, Reading, Southamption & Wigan were listed so the pace is picking up.

But with the transfer deadline tomorrow night, it could all slow down as no doubt there are going to be loads of deadline day moves to update as well.

I agree' date=' it's obvious that they 've changed the way and the criteria for the ratings, it's far more generous than it used to be until 6 months ago. Of course there are the usual SM defenders who try to justify every single rating as 100% spot on, but the fact is that now they are throwing the +1 and +2 for players rated 90+ too much easy, when in the past a player should have proven that he deserves a rise and actually earn it, and a rise (especially a +2!) wasn't something so easy and so common to see for players 90+.

I think too that if this continues, it will reduce the quality and the accuracy of the database, long term.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Barcelona and Real, if they keep throwing these +1 and +2 to everyone!

...............[/quote']

this is obviously a dig at me but i only 'defend' ones i agree on. i thought 3 players who rose at valencia (Joao P, Feghouli& Guardado) was spot on, and Soldado probably will hit 92 at the season end.

But lets not forget we are only half way through a season. Every year i have played SM the review at the end of a season is better as it has an accurate reflection of the whole season.

Finally, i have been looking back at old posts about the database and several years ago there were far more 91/90/89s on the database than today. It seems their is a transition going on in the ratings and the database is slowly creeping back up to the kind of levels that once existed..

browse this thread from 2009

'Future Of Soccer'

i have started to go through the old rating from 4 years ago and it was interesting to see how some players ratings have ended up, but what did intrigue me was the amount of higher rated players

;2435704']

i have started to go through the old rating from 4 years ago and it was interesting to see how some players ratings have ended up' date=' but what did intrigue me was the amount of higher rated players[/quote']

Exactly, it will just take time for all leagues to be hit with this type of change, and we will see the higher average rating on the database rise to past levels once again.

Yeah' date=' for real. I have not been on SM too much recently and I have missed so many players. :o[/quote']

I see.. Your usually the guy that knows these players ;)

Only really kept an eye on Betis for Campbell :P

Obviously one of the reasons why they find themselves so high up the table

Yeah he is definitely one of the reasons, as Jono said called into the national team and considering the Spanish side thats a massive feat.

Will get the 90 by the end of the season, so still worth picking up.

Re: Riferimento: Liga BBVA Ratings 2012/2013

keep or sell Leo Baptistao??

Keep him for sure.

;2436754']

moving to Ath.Madrid in the summer

Do you have a link for this? I know he's been rumoured for a move there for awhile now but i didn't think there was anything official?

Re: Riferimento: Liga BBVA Ratings 2012/2013

Keep him for sure.

Do you have a link for this? I know he's been rumoured for a move there for awhile now but i didn't think there was anything official?

i read it was more or less a done deal too? i thought it was 90% sewn up? prehaps not then...

Rayo Vallecano forward Leo Baptistao is set for summer switch to Atletico Madrid' date=' according to AS.

The Spanish newspaper claims the two clubs have agreed on the transfer in principle, even if the transfer fee has yet to be decided.

Baptistao has an €8 million release clause in his deal, but los Colchoneros plan to pay between €4m and €6m.

Rayo Vallecano would also accept one of Atletico’s highly rated youngsters as part of the deal, with Saul, Manquillo and Oliver Torres players who could move in the opposite direction.

Leo Baptistao came through the youth ranks at Estadio Teresa Rivero, and he scored 4 goals in 17 appearances for club’s B side.

The Brazilian exploded onto the biggest stage this season, netting 6 times in 17 La Liga matches, attracting a lot of attention in the process.

Baptistao, 20, is now set for a switch to Vicente Calderon, where he will be able to continue his development.[/quote']

even so, you be daft to sell him.