Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Kazzer

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings 2012/2013

Who is the genius that changed the name of Xavi from Hernandez Xavi to XAVIER XAVI? How in the world did it get approved? :rolleyes:

His name in Catalunia is: Xavier Hernandez Creus.Either Xavier or Hernandez..same thing.

His name in Catalunia is: Xavier Hernandez Creus.Either Xavier or Hernandez..same thing.

What are you talking about? Hernandez Creus is the last name, Xavier is the first name, it's NOT the same thing. :rolleyes:

And you have XAVI as part of XAVIer already in the name. What's next, Ronaldo RONALDINHO, Neymar NEYMAR, Francisco ISCO, Marcelo MARCELO, Pedro PEDRO? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? Hernandez Creus is the last name' date=' Xavier is the first name, it's NOT the same thing. :rolleyes:

And you have XAVI as part of XAVIer already in the name. What's next, Ronaldo RONALDINHO, Neymar NEYMAR, Francisco ISCO, Marcelo MARCELO, Pedro PEDRO? :rolleyes:[/quote']

My mistake then.

What are you talking about? Hernandez Creus is the last name' date=' Xavier is the first name, it's NOT the same thing. :rolleyes:

And you have XAVI as part of XAVIer already in the name. What's next, Ronaldo RONALDINHO, Neymar NEYMAR, Francisco ISCO, Marcelo MARCELO, Pedro PEDRO? :rolleyes:[/quote']

In spain, the full name is made up of 3 parts. The first name and 2 last names (last name of the father and last name of the mother). Sometimes the 2 last names are separated by 'y' (meaning 'and') to distinguish them from the first name. In Catalan the 'y' is 'i'.

So Xavi's full Catalan name is Xavier Hernández i Creus.

His first name is Xavier (Xavi for short).

His first last name (father's) is Hernández.

His second last name (mother's) is Creus.

Xavi is pronounced 'Shabi' in Catalan and 'Chabi' in Spanish.

I agree, it is ridiculous to change it in SW to follow the formal Spanish standards!

Absolute circus, thats what it is.

They should really re-think the whole name thing, because it's kind of ridicolous already the way it is. If the player has a nickname then you use only that, if not use the full name, like in Football Manager. So for Xavi,for example, in game you will only see Xavi and when you open his full page you can see his complete name, and that would apply to all the Brazilian players as well for example, while for people that do not have a nickname you will just see their complete name.

And now Xavi is back to be named Xavi Hernandez... Yet another example on SoccerWikis many flaws :eek:

i dont think it had anything to do with SW, never saw any of it going through the voting, unless it was submitted in both cases by an admin! :eek:

;2527793']i dont think it had anything to do with SW' date=' never saw any of it going through the voting, unless it was submitted in both cases by an admin! :eek:[/quote']

So why was it he suddenly were named Xavier Xavi? I thought all of the changes were made through SW.

His name change has been on the player changes tab and these data are transfered from SW as far as I know... Am I wrong about this?