Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings 2012/2013

Ozil and Coentrao honestly only deserve rise in RM. Others stay and drop.

What i find funny is that Carvalho is still rated 90. If we can have the likes of Pogba and all world youth talent being reviewed every 3 months. Then the same method can be used to drop players as well. There a blind reluctantly when it come players dropping from the big clubs.

What i find funny is that Carvalho is still rated 90. If we can have the likes of Pogba and all world youth talent being reviewed every 3 months. Then the same method can be used to drop players as well. There a blind reluctantly when it come players dropping from the big clubs.

I know what are you talking about, but today rise for Higuain is worst I ever saw. Benzema have much more goals and assist this season then Higuain.

I think I have found the reason why Higuain rose but it also gives a clear indicator what magazines the SM staff are reading

Higuain has won the sexiest footballer Alive” by Glamour's magazine in May 2013

http://en.mediamass.net/people/gonzalo-higuain/sexiest-alive.html

Ahahah, Good one, really nice find.

i think people look far too much into the 'short' term than a long term perspective.

this is my take, lets see what you think....

agreed its a shock he rose today, but if you look at his stats over his time at Madrid, a 95 isnt to much of a bad shout.

numbers wise from the league, he has 141 appearances, 109 starts & 94 goals in 5 seasons...

to compare (league stats only - you could still factor in CL, internationals, and club form and trophies!!!)

FALCAO - 115 apps, 111 starts, 91 goals in 4 seasons (2 Ath. Madrid, 2 Porto)

RVP - 142 apps, 126 starts, 93 goals - (1 @ Man Utd, 4 Arsenal)

CAVANI - 169, 158, 99 goals..over 5 seasons (3 Napoli/2 Palermo)

LEWA - (including Poznan)...153...130...84goals

(just BVB) 95....75.....53 goals....

over 5 seasons, 3 with BVB, 2 with Poznan...

BENZEMA - 156apps, 107 starts, 70 goals - 5 seasons (inc 1 for Lyon)

just for good measure....

MESSI - 166...151....182!

C.RONALDO - 165....156.....161

For Higgy to be rated 95, he needs to be a full time starter, and when i mean full time starter, i mean rarely having to rotate with benzema for a starting spot. A 95 rating should correspond to a word class undisputed starter, who performs well and helps his team achieve his ambitions.

considering he isnt the first choice at Madrid, benched alot, as this poster above mentions, having to rotate and still post a scoring record equal if not better than RVP, Falcao....so why should not being an outright starter hinder a rating?

Higuain is on fire for Argentina too, 9 goals in 10 games for the WC2014 qualifying makes him top goalscorer.

people seem to be thinking too much about the recent form and comparing with other strikers who are very much flavour of the month ie LEWA, FALCAO.... He is overshadowed at RM by Ronaldo and seems to get alot of criticism for some reason? im pretty sure he would be an undisputed starter at any other club in the world bar Barcelone, and if he posted this figures im sure a 95 would be about right..... SM ratings wise, Higuain has these numbers, yet such gulf in rating to CR's 98, and he still contributes a respectable amount for a striker in terms of goals, in far less time on the pitch....

so going by a brief look at the numbers, he has outperformed RVP, more prolific than Cavani, outscored Benzema and leaves Lewandowski in his goals scoring wake....

all higuiain does, is score a few tap ins along the way,
He scored one amazing goal against Levante all others are easy job. He need to do much more for rise I think this issue will be fixed.

surely all you expect from a top class striker is goals?

but SM ratings arent just all about stats, or are they? :P

the timing has been appalling of the rating change, but people are taking it way out of context, what if over the summer Falcao (should be 95 in the next 6-12months easily), Lewa, etc get rises to 93/94/95 also? to me that would even the playing field in 'comparing' ratings, but thats another subject!

SM - it just keeps you guessing

;2560106']i think people look far too much into the 'short' term than a long term perspective.

this is my take' date=' lets see what you think....[/b']

So you geniuinely think Higuain being a 95 is deserved? Come on, lets just accept it as a mistake, theres no point in trying to justify it considering he cant even establish himself as a starter in his club side.

So you geniuinely think Higuain being a 95 is deserved? Come on' date=' lets just accept it as a mistake, theres no point in trying to justify it considering he cant even establish himself as a starter in his club side.[/quote']

christ, where have i stated he deserved it. its an analysis, not a justification.

if anything, i question those who think he should drop.

the 'being a starter' point ........, if your in a world class squad like Madrid with CR & Benzema, you cant 'expect' a player to start every game unless you are Messi or CR.

on the flip, starter for Argentina, 9 goals in 10 games

Gonzalo Higuain 108 games - 52 goals

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 101 games - 78 goals (more trophies more asissts and still 96).

That shows what exactly? What is there already' date=' Ibrahimovic being higher rated than Higuain?

P.S. Not the main point, but how many of those games did he come off the bench from, and not have a full 90 minute match.

The 94 for Higuain was already argueable thus making his good performances with Argentina the justification for that rating.

The fact he rised to 95 really puzzles me... Not a starter for a team that wont win the UCL and i seriously doubt they will win La Liga.

;2560106']i think people look far too much into the 'short' term than a long term perspective.

this is my take' date=' lets see what you think....[/b']

I'm before this season is probably on minority that like him more than Benzema because his goal scoring is decent though he's not guaranteed starting XI.

But put that to SM perspective, 95 is very questionable, if he's rated around 89-91 then get a +1 is much more debatable imo. And even he's never considered as #1 choice across the seasons for Madrid, thus I feel 94 is more than enough for him.

Fabregas probably another questionable 95 for many but let's not forget he's Arsenal 1st choice before going to Barca and also Euro & WC champions where he's arguably important part on the team.

And now both Pepe and Dí Maria to 94 :eek:

If these changes would have been made a season ago, i bet that just a few users would be against them, but why now, just when Madrid has been knocked out of the CL, and with La Liga title almost in hands of Barcelona?

Di Maria 94. The strange thing is that neither Di Maria' date=' neither Higuain rised at SW. Is SM and SW still connected?[/quote']

The strange thing is that Di Maria is 94,not 93

What is going on ?Di Maria 94?Pepe 94?What is with this stupid changes?Defend this JMH...Pepe got a 94 because he had the pleasure to get smashed by Reus or what?

And Valdes will get 94 for that remarkable performance against Bayern.

I belive this game will became like pokemon:)) 'catch them all'.