Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

I love how on this forum everyone tries to backup their argument by implying the other person only watches YouTube clips of X player.

Neymar didn't carry the team, but his talisman status certainly gave Brazil a boost, had it been lumbering Hulk on the left I would expect Spain to be holding the Confeds Cup right about now.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought i'd give the Spanish league ratings a go, first time doing predictions so dont expect 100% accuracy The ratings are probably around a month away so i'll update nearer the time if theres any

SM has become more concerned about new games and profits than quality. It's been a long time since the good ole' days.

Respuesta: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread These are the predictions that I have done in the Spanish forum. The people agree very, you? GETAFE Escudero 84 > 85/86 Arroyo 80 > 82/83

Posted Images

illaramendi could be a 91+ in madrid or just as bench warmer?

You can definitely expect him to see some playing time' date=' they're going to pay 30MEuros, and ancelotti apparently was very impressed by his performances and wanted him at the club, so its not like he's arriving unwanted by the manager. Definitely could be 91+ within a year or so.

[b']Also, another reason to snap up Ruben PARDO if he's still available in your GW's[/b], he should slot in to the first team now that Illarra is leaving, is more of an attacking player though, but very good, expect him to break through.

;2648710']if you watch how they have played under Menezes and then Scolari' date=' youll know what im saying.

Your telling me Neymar carried the team? it was alot more the other way around. With Menezes, Neymar was left to do everything he wanted regardless of team work hence they were cack. Big Phil has turned that on its head and made them play as a unit, with Neymar on the Left of the attack - his ideal role, rather than through the middle.

And why does everyone have to quote the statistics? that proves little. Fred got 5 goals too?

If you look beyond the youtube videos and the game highlights of his goals and assists, you see he has many flaws to his game as well as the bits everyone raves about, i have watched enough Santos games, Brazil games to qualify a point without seeming to be told i dont know what im talking about...yes i know already he is gifted, finishing wise, skill wise (what Brazilian isnt though) technical ability...ive seen enough brazilians billed as the next Pele etc to take them all with a pinch of salt, even still with Neymar im not sold UNTIL he puts in a couple of decent seasons at Barca.[/quote']

No i didn't say he carried the team, i said he was shoulders above in terms of ability of every other Brazil attacker. Ofcourse having good players around you will always help you get the best out of your own ability, im not denying that, but Neymar rightly so is the so called 'star' of the side.

Why shouldn't i quote the statistics? Maybe because it shows how crucial he was to Brazil winning the tournament? Yes Fred got 5 goals, yes he is a good player, but is he really miles better than Neymar?

He doesn't have to be the next Pele does he?! Lets ignore that tag for a second and think about his actual ability, forgetting what everyone else is saying, i was discussing his rise to 92, not him being the next so an so. Ofcourse he will have flaws in his game, i've not said hes a perfect player, but hes 21, and has already achieved so much.

Interesting debate about neymar's rise. People are saying he deserves it and then people are saying he hasnt done enough. I dont think he deserved to go up, 91 was fine as he hadnt done enough since his last rise IMO considering he was still playing in Brazil. Same with Paulinho. However, I would say that he is just as good as the other 92s so maybe SM have just used common sense on this occasion. I mean, he did just show how good he was in a tournament with Spain, Uruguay and Italy in it. (not sure who he actually played against though apart from Spain).

illaramendi could be a 91+ in madrid or just as bench warmer?

Illarra is pretty much the same kind of player than Xabi Alonso, and with him leaving (which is probably according to info here in Spain) he could be a good replacement for him.

He has the ability to be as good as Alonso, good passing and perfect tactically. He has a lot of things to do anyway to be close to Alonso

Well if Illarramendi joins real then Alonso might leave' date=' his old club Liverpool are after him, they might pay up to 10m.[/quote']

€12M according to spain's press. and Mou also wanted him to be part of the Chelsea midfield. could be the kind of player the blues need

Is there any truth in Alonso back to Liverpool or is it just lazy journalism?

Hard to say.. hes getting older and wouldnt be a crazy decision to let him go..

he knows the team, the league and Im pretty sure Anfield fans miss him a lot.

could be a little hasty to sell him... but every season he gets older and older and his value decreases a little more

Is there any truth in Alonso back to Liverpool or is it just lazy journalism?

Doubt it, Xabi Alonso has been the heart of Real Madrid these last few years. For me personally he's one of (if not the) most important players in the squad. there are similarities between him and Illarramendi, but I doubt the latter is ready to fully take his place in Madrid.

I guess it's down to the role Ancelotti is willing to give Illarramendi thoguh.

Alonso has talked up his potential successor:

“He’s a good player who would be an excellent addition at Real Madrid," Alonso is quoted as saying by AS. “But I prefer not to say anything more."

Anyone have any news about Geoffrey Kondogbia? He meant to be a wanted man' date=' according to Wenger[/quote']

Was heavily linked with Madrid, but seems they've decided to go for Illarramendi. He's also been linked with Chelsea and Juve, but nothing recently.

what about t racing santander team just started with them' date=' who should i keep and sell?[/quote']

alot of their first XI are older players, personally id ask someone who knew more, but personally unless your in a gc or something they are all expendable for better buys

yet a bargain... dont you think? I mean hes a huge striker.. hes old and maybe out of form but no way a 5.1M Euros striker.. just my thoughts... masters of negotiation...

Yes i agree. A bargain really and also agree that Barcelona is probably the worse dealing with the new signings.

Riferimento: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

yet a bargain... dont you think? I mean hes a huge striker.. hes old and maybe out of form but no way a 5.1M Euros striker.. just my thoughts... masters of negotiation...

A 31 years old striker is not old. However, yes, is a bargain. Barcelona is the worse club to make deals. (Villa, Eto'o-Ibra, Chigrinsky, Sanchez, Keirrison and many more...)

Re: Riferimento: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

A 31 years old striker is not old. However' date=' yes, is a bargain. [b']Barcelona is the worse club to make deals.[/b] (Villa, Eto'o-Ibra, Chigrinsky, Sanchez, Keirrison and many more...)

Agreed, after just three season's Villa's value declined from 40m to 5.1m... :confused:

Nice replacement for Falcao, still hope Leo Baptistao gets a chance to show his talent for Atlético though.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Liga BBVA Ratings Predictions thread

Agreed' date=' after just three season's Villa's value declined from 40m to 5.1m... :confused:

Nice replacement for Falcao, still hope Leo Baptistao gets a chance to show his talent for Atlético though.[/quote']

The move wasnt about the money, spurs/fiorentina both offered more, but Villa really wanted to stay in spain and Barca respected that. Fair play from Barca, also helps out a fellow La Liga club. Atletico, like most teams in La Liga, aren't in the best of positions financially.

iam also wondering on a bit of info on young Munian?

Well its hard to believe hes only 20, seems as though he's been around for a decade. Fantastic player, no reason to sell him, will eventually move on to bigger things, only a matter of time.