Arsenal 2 - 3 Rangers

Goal Scorers

Messi

Messi

Thomas BUFFEL (22)

Jean-Claude DARCHEVILLE (33)

Barry FERGUSON (83)

Summary

Rangers Made it 9 game's unbeaten against a strong Arsenal side under Magerial Supremo Leigh Auston.

With arsenal with a starting 11 of 91 againts a Strong rangers side that averaged out at 88.

The teady bears are Doing realy well and to make up for the weakest squad in the division, he is relying on a new tactic spence believe's will take the club forward.

The fans are fully behind spence and wish him luck in the Quarter final of the Lovebug lottery League Cup against Psv tomoro night.

League table

Juventus-19

Liverpool -17

Arsenal-16

RANGERS-15

Psv-14

Stuttgart-14

Shalke- 12

Valencia-11

Roma-11

Sevillia-9

Marseille-6

Sporting-2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Lovebug Lottery League Match Report/Transfers Thread Aston Villa 0 - 2 Bolton Wanderers Bolton came out on top of this all-English affair at Villa Park. George's Villa were on form going int

Re: The Lovebug Lottery League Match Report/Transfers Thread Villa promoted! Aston Villa's 2-1 win over Fiorentina on Thursday night was enough to confirm that they would be promoted ahead of

Re: The Lovebug Lottery League Match Report/Transfers Thread

The Chelski Times

p-061230!ADID.jpg

Wayne Bridge To Leave On Transfer.

Bridge will be on sale for 5 million and a 89 or under CB.

Alberto Ricardo Carvalho To Leave On Transfer.

Ricardo Carvalho will be on sale for 10 million or 6 million and a 93 or under CB.

The Chelski Times Is Sponored By...

Walkers

UKTV Style

And ... Pizza Hut (Thanks For The Pizzas for the last match half time instead of pies).

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton came out on top of this all-English affair at Villa Park. George's Villa were on form going into this one and the win was a big boost for Bolton's promotion aspects.

Kevin Nolan opened the scoring after just 9 minutes, lobbing goalkeeper Craig Gordan. Karim Benzema doubled the advantage on 26 minutes giving Bolton 3 pts and a four point gap now over Aston Villa.

• 1 month later...

Villa promoted!

aston-villa-crest.png

Aston Villa's 2-1 win over Fiorentina on Thursday night was enough to confirm that they would be promoted ahead of Spanglish's Bolton.

Heading into the last game, Zaragoza had been confirmed as division 4 champions, but the 2nd promotion spot was still up for grabs with Villa and Bolton level on points.

Bolton did all they could, beating FC Basel 2 - 0, but goals from John Carew and Shaun Maloney at Villa Park were enough to seal 2nd place, despite Nikola Zigic's consolation strike.

The table finished like this:

1 Zaragoza 22 14 3 5 55 16 39 45

2 ASTON VILLA 22 11 5 6 32 26 6 38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Bolton Wanderers 22 11 5 6 32 26 6 38

4 Borussia Dortmund 22 11 4 7 40 31 9 37

5 Fiorentina 22 9 4 9 38 36 2 31

6 Zenit St Petersburg 22 8 7 7 30 29 1 31

7 Newcastle United 22 9 4 9 49 50 -1 31

8 Toulouse 22 8 6 8 44 32 12 30

9 West Ham United 22 7 4 11 39 51 -12 25

10 Besiktas 22 5 7 10 26 39 -13 22

11 FC Basel 22 6 3 13 27 52 -25 21

12 AEK Athens 22 5 4 13 33 57 -24 19

As you can see, Villa and Bolton won the same amount of games, drew the same and lost the same. They scored the same amount of goals and conceded the same amount, so the goal difference was the same :eek:

Therefore it looks like I went up through alphabetical order :confused: and as Bolton did better than me when we faced each other, I thought they should of gone up instead of us :o

But that obviously didn't happen so it's Villa's fans who are celebrating the prospect of division 3 football next season.

865965.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A664D554546535C2E0A40A659CEC4C8CB6

George's targets for next season are simple, and that is to acheive promotion again.

He said '' My target when I took over was to take the club to division 1 in 3 seasons, and we are still able to do that.

I would like to thank the fans and the players for a great season, one we can reproduce next season. ''

He also added that new signings were unlikely, although one or two might be made.

Villa promoted!

aston-villa-crest.png

Aston Villa's 2-1 win over Fiorentina on Thursday night was enough to confirm that they would be promoted ahead of Spanglish's Bolton.

Heading into the last game' date=' Zaragoza had been confirmed as division 4 champions, but the 2nd promotion spot was still up for grabs with Villa and Bolton level on points.

Bolton did all they could, beating FC Basel 2 - 0, but goals from John Carew and Shaun Maloney at Villa Park were enough to seal 2nd place, despite Nikola Zigic's consolation strike.

The table finished like this:

1 Zaragoza 22 14 3 5 55 16 39 45

2 ASTON VILLA 22 11 5 6 32 26 6 38

3 Bolton Wanderers 22 11 5 6 32 26 6 38

4 Borussia Dortmund 22 11 4 7 40 31 9 37

5 Fiorentina 22 9 4 9 38 36 2 31

6 Zenit St Petersburg 22 8 7 7 30 29 1 31

7 Newcastle United 22 9 4 9 49 50 -1 31

8 Toulouse 22 8 6 8 44 32 12 30

9 West Ham United 22 7 4 11 39 51 -12 25

10 Besiktas 22 5 7 10 26 39 -13 22

11 FC Basel 22 6 3 13 27 52 -25 21

12 AEK Athens 22 5 4 13 33 57 -24 19

As you can see, Villa and Bolton won the same amount of games, drew the same and lost the same. They scored the same amount of goals and conceded the same amount, so the goal difference was the same :eek:

Therefore it looks like I went up through alphabetical order :confused: and as Bolton did better than me when we faced each other, I thought they should of gone up instead of us :o

But that obviously didn't happen so it's Villa's fans who are celebrating the prospect of division 3 football next season.

[img']http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/865965.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A664D554546535C2E0A40A659CEC4C8CB6[/img]

George's targets for next season are simple, and that is to acheive promotion again.

He said '' My target when I took over was to take the club to division 1 in 3 seasons, and we are still able to do that.

I would like to thank the fans and the players for a great season, one we can reproduce next season. ''

He also added that new signings were unlikely, although one or two might be made.

I would like to congratulate george on his promotion, it had been a good battle last season for the top two places.

But as a manager looking to take the club forwards i have to say i am bewildered at how Villa are promoted on alphebetical differences alone.

Both clubs finish with the same points, we have the exact same record and as george pointed out, my Bolton had a better head-to-head record.

I think im appealing in vain (i know how Sheff Utd feel now!), but just thought there may be some play-off if this unlikely event ever occurred.

Which it now has.

I would like to congratulate george on his promotion' date=' it had been a good battle last season for the top two places.

But as a manager looking to take the club forwards i have to say i am bewildered at how Villa are promoted on alphebetical differences alone.

Both clubs finish with the same points, we have the exact same record and as george pointed out, my Bolton had a better head-to-head record.

I think im appealing in vain (i know how Sheff Utd feel now!), but just thought there may be some play-off if this unlikely event ever occurred.

Which it now has.[/quote']

Nothing we can do though unfortuneatly :(

Stefan Radu has joined Aston Villa in a surprise move despite a defender who could play on the right being targeted.

Marlon Harewood and Thomas Sorensen head the other way to Empoli as well as £4 million in cash.

This is expected to be the only signing of Villa's pre season.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Don't ask me how I stumbled across this as I rarely check the various league threads :rolleyes: . I have now flagged this up and we will look into a solution for this to avoid any further conflicts in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

ROONEY SCORES HAT-TRICK ON DEBUT

A jubilant Jehan Bilimoria has praised wonder buy Wayne Rooney, after the English international scored a hat-trick on debut to lead Inter Milan to a crushing 3-nil win over Celtic. Rooney has already equaled his less than impressive goal tally from last season.

Wayne-Rooney-21.jpg

Rooney was picked up for a mere 32 million with Da Court and Jiminez heading to Liverpool.

• 3 weeks later...

A great season so far for Aston Villa, with only 1 defeat in the 11 games played so far.

League results:

Villa 3 - 1 Sporting

Villa 1 - 1 Benfica

Villa 0 - 1 Zaragoza

Villa 3 - 0 Fenerbache

Villa 1 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen

Villa 1 - 0 FC Nurnberg

Villa 2 - 2 Olmpiakos

Villa 3 - 0 Sevilla

Villa 3 - 1 Anderlecht

Cup:

1st round - bye

2nd round - Villa 1 - 0 Bayern Munchen

3rd round - Villa 2 - 1 Manchester United

Table:

1 Atlético Madrid 9 6 2 1 20 8 12 20

2 ASTON VILLA 9 5 3 1 17 7 10 18

3 Villarreal 9 5 3 1 15 10 5 18

4 Benfica 9 4 3 2 18 11 7 15

5 Olympiacos 9 4 2 3 14 13 1 14

6 Sporting 9 4 1 4 11 13 -2 13

7 Bayer Leverkusen 9 3 2 4 12 12 0 11

8 Sevilla 9 2 4 3 10 17 -7 10

9 Anderlecht 9 2 3 4 14 16 -2 9

10 Fenerbahçe 9 2 1 6 7 14 -7 7

11 Zaragoza 9 2 1 6 9 17 -8 7

12 1 FC Nurnberg 9 1 3 5 11 20 -9 6

Good season so far, cup quarter final against Insider's FC Nurnberg tomorrow so hopefully keep up our great cup form. :)

With a huge win over previously undefeated Milan at Milan, Celtic led by manager Myette39 are looking to reverse their pitiful early season form. After a strong mid-table finish last year the club has found themselves to be answer-less for the league thus far. With former AM Syunsuke Nakamura unexpectedly changing positions, the club has found that it no longer has a need for their big acquisition Dario Srna which has found the disdain of the fans. The club hopes to starve off relegation and make a big acquistion or two that will help them compete for a top table finish in season 3.

Aston Villa booked a cup semi final against Sevilla after beating FC Nurnberg on penalties last night.

The game finished 3 - 3 in normal time, after Angelos Charisteas's last minute goal rescued Nurnberg.

Andrea Raggi, Luke Moore and Ashley Young scored for Villa, and Juan Veron, Robert Vittek and Charisteas for FC Nurnberg.

Penalties were needed then, and Villa came out on top, winning them 2 - 0 with Craig Gordon the hero.

_42722513_wembley_aerial_pa_416.jpg

Wembley here we come!

Aston Villa booked their place in the Lovebug Lottery League Cup final after a 2 - 0 win away to Sevilla.

John Carew was the hero as he bagged a first half double to seal the win and the all important final place.

They will face Raz at Wembley next week after his Real Madrid beat Bobo's Juventus 2 - 0 thanks to an Emerson double. :)

• 1 month later...

_42722513_wembley_aerial_pa_416.jpg

Wembley here we come!

Aston Villa booked their place in the Lovebug Lottery League Cup final after a 2 - 0 win away to Sevilla.

John Carew was the hero as he bagged a first half double to seal the win and the all important final place.

They will face Raz at Wembley next week after his Real Madrid beat Bobo's Juventus 2 - 0 thanks to an Emerson double. :)

I know this league's still running in terms of the fact I play matches.

Having said that is there any point putting effort in? it's down to only 11 managers and I notice Herby (the league owner) hasn't logged in since 16th January.

I know it's up to me if I quit but is this league worth the effort? Any views welcomed.

I know this league's still running in terms of the fact I play matches.

Having said that is there any point putting effort in? it's down to only 11 managers and I notice Herby (the league owner) hasn't logged in since 16th January.

I know it's up to me if I quit but is this league worth the effort? Any views welcomed.

I'm thinking of leaving it too. I am cutting my teams in half though...I just have too many and I don't have any time to keep up with them. A friend of mine and I used to split our teams on 2 different accounts, but he quit and its too much for me. If you drop this, I'll almost definately leave mine too...just so I'm not alone...lol

Giantkillers are back!

After surprisingly reaching last year's cup final, only to be defeated by Raz's Real Madrid, Aston Villa failed in their attempt for their 2nd promotion on the trot, defeated on the last day of the season to move down to 3rd.

5 games into the 3rd season, Villa lie 4th in division 3 after 3 wins and 2 defeats;

Beat Benfica 2 - 1

Lost to Anderlecht 2 - 1

Lost to Zenit St Petersburg 1 - 0

Beat Villarreal 1 - 0

Beat Spartak Moscow 4 - 1

But the club's most impressive result came last night, when they travelled to Italy to face Jehan's Internazionale in 2nd round of the Cup.

Stiliyan Petrov gave Villa an early lead when his spectacular long range shot flew into the top corner.

Poor communication at the back allowed Luis Figo to equalise just before the half hour mark though.

But before half time, Villa regianed the lead with a trademark strike from Ashley Young.

Julio Cruz and Javier Zanetti both went close for Inter almost straight after the break, but Craig Gordon kept the home side out.

Gareth Barry sealed the win in the 82nd minute when he dummied the keeper and slid the ball into the empty net.

Villa have a home tie against Valencia in the next round.

• 3 weeks later...

Giantkillers are back!

After surprisingly reaching last year's cup final' date=' only to be defeated by Raz's Real Madrid, Aston Villa failed in their attempt for their 2nd promotion on the trot, defeated on the last day of the season to move down to 3rd.

5 games into the 3rd season, Villa lie 4th in division 3 after 3 wins and 2 defeats;

Beat Benfica 2 - 1

Lost to Anderlecht 2 - 1

Lost to Zenit St Petersburg 1 - 0

Beat Villarreal 1 - 0

Beat Spartak Moscow 4 - 1

But the club's most impressive result came last night, when they travelled to Italy to face Jehan's Internazionale in 2nd round of the Cup.

Stiliyan Petrov gave Villa an early lead when his spectacular long range shot flew into the top corner.

Poor communication at the back allowed Luis Figo to equalise just before the half hour mark though.

But before half time, Villa regianed the lead with a trademark strike from Ashley Young.

Julio Cruz and Javier Zanetti both went close for Inter almost straight after the break, but Craig Gordon kept the home side out.

Gareth Barry sealed the win in the 82nd minute when he dummied the keeper and slid the ball into the empty net.

Villa have a home tie against Valencia in the next round.[/font']

Out in the Semi's to Alan Neller's Fenerbache, congrats and good luck for the final :)

Should of rested some on Sunday but ah well, time to concentrate on keeping 2nd place :)

About 1/2 way through the season and Celtic stand in 1st place in Herby's top division. With only 1 loss and 1 draw in the league manager Myette has his club playing teh football of their lives. Coming off a big 2-1 win at Chelsea, manager Myette said he was delighted with the way his club was performing in the league. New acquisition Freddie Kanoute is one reason the team are performing so well. Since coming joining the clube he's scored 5 goals in just 3 matches. With speculation running rampant that if Celtic proceed to win the league the manager may step down after teh season, fans are pushing the Celtic brass to sign him to a long term contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Two losses in a row and League leaders Celtic find their lead which was a stranglehold has been nearly erased. Losses to Barca and VFB (2nd place) have manager Myette39's team almost needing a victory vs relegation candidates Porto to turn their recent form around. An injury to top performer Carlos Tevez is not helping matters. Manager Myette39 has called this a "must win game if we hope to win the league." In a few hours we should have a good idea of where Celtic stand.