• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: .:10000 bc:. .:10000 BC:. Mid-season Review Div 1: High Flyers: Chelsea While Juventus may hold the top of the league spot with a better goal difference, it is Chelsea that have surpri

Re: .:10000 bc:.

Why wouldn't torres want to sign for the highest scoring team in division ?????

I mean we were able to get Hanke scoring a hattrick' date=' Robinho scoring and Tevez of course.

El Nino you wouldn't have to do much more than collect trophy's. No one will even notice if you aren't scoring :D[/quote']

Manchester United have made an offer to Free Agent Fernando TORRES of £64,000,000.

Just stuck in a bid there for the sake of it ;)

If this gets accepted and completed before I wake up in 10 hours I'm skrewed :o:D

Anri B was unable to prevent a Lyon defeat to Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Lyon slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Borussia Mönchengladbach in their Division 2 fixture.

No chance to win vs. Monchengladbach :(

Division 2 is very interesting, top4 teams got 21 points then it's me with 19 points :P

12 matches left so everything can happen.

We lost again:(

But our fans came out to motivate the team in numbers. A San Paolo stadium that had seen 30000 empty seats for every match was totally filled for the match against Internazionale. We wish to give the fans what they desire. We will make sure we start winning:cool:

Málaga CF outclassed Tottenham Hotspur and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Pepe had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Koné was on the scoresheet for his side.

Back on track now and a 5 point cushion keeping us comfortably in the automatic promotion spots, Kone with a double tonight :)

Draw 1-1 with Schalke, Dempsey getting the only goal from Tello's 8th assist this season B) A hell of a lot of shots from both teams but only 2 goals in the game. We climb to 5th, currently on 17 points equal with Benfica, trailing an automatic promotion spot by 5 points, hoping to make it up.

Hyina (Forum) earned a draw with Manchester United against Juventus.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Manchester United and Juventus in their Division 1 fixture.

Klose scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Zyryanov was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Happy with that considering I got hammered 4-2 earlier in the season by them..

Div 1 and 2 AND 3 all looks interesting.... :P

Manchester United have made an offer to Free Agent Fernando TORRES of £64,000,000.

WT...F?! My team is only just worth 64m how have you got that much money? haha!

Lost 3-1 to Chelsea, relegation looking more + more likely, i only have 7 points i'm 8 points behind safety, Anzhi were doomed before i took over, i'm on a sinking ship heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

We need to do something to get internal deals going here' date=' maybe it'll happen next season when the likes of Ronaldo, Iniesta etc. get bought but we need internal deals to happen not just waiting for the season to end and then buying players..[/quote']

simple sell your best players to me :o

WT...F?! My team is only just worth 64m how have you got that much money? haha!

Lost 3-1 to Chelsea' date=' relegation looking more + more likely, i only have 7 points i'm 8 points behind safety, Anzhi were doomed before i took over, i'm on a sinking ship heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp![/quote']

Haha was only messing mate, moved the decimal one to the right from 6.4mill, to 64mill ;):D

We need to do something to get internal deals going here' date=' maybe it'll happen next season when the likes of Ronaldo, Iniesta etc. get bought but we need internal deals to happen not just waiting for the season to end and then buying players..[/quote']

Well.. I did enquire about Alonso.... ;)

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool

49' 0-1 K.DOYLE

6 games unbeaten:eek:can Liverpool who had 1pt from first 7 games and was in the last position to fight for playoffs' date='we are on 8pts from the 3rd,next target is Leverkusen[/color']

Really nice going mate! :)

.:10000 BC:. Mid-season Review

mount-vesuvius-eruption-pompeii.jpg

Div 1:

High Flyers:

Chelsea

Chelsea-FC-logo.jpg

While Juventus may hold the top of the league spot with a better goal difference, it is Chelsea that have surprised many and largely dominated the season so far. With the most wins (7) as well as the fewest goal conceded (8) of any side in Div 1, it is no wonder they sit where they are now.

Manager Venkrontrueblue did little to his old squad from last season which saw them clinch the 3rd promotion spot from Div 2, selling Gattuso and bringing in Oscar, Van der Vaart and Ivanovic, but spending 42.3mill in the process. Van der Vaart surprised many by staying at 92 rated and his contributions to Chelsea have been splendid, with 2 goals and 4 assists. Odemwingie is the club's top scorer 5 goals and 3 man of the matches.

3751.jpg

Hot in form.

Low achievers:

Bayern Munich

FC_Bayern_Munich_Logo.png

The Bavarians are not the lowest side in Div 1, but they are certainly achieving well below what most expected. Finishing last season as Champions of Div 2, manager Rodrigo brought in 3 reinforcements in Custodio, Jadson and Peluso. However it is certainly the existing group of players that have under-achieved. Last season Bayern had the 3 top scorers in Div 2 yet this season the likes of Milito (last season 17 goals, this season 2 goals), Pirlo (last season 11 goals, this season 2 goals), and Fabiano (last season 9 goals, this season 0 goals) have all been misfiring. Bayern also invested 10.5mill on Di Natalie who had a terrible season with Udinese, and proved to be a flop in Germany too. Their youth Varane looked promosing, but faded away from a combined total of 27 days of injury and featuring in only 8 games.

milito_630.jpg

Missed chances..

Div 2

High Flyers:

Atletico Mineiro

Atl%25C3%25A9tico+MG.jpg

5 teams occupy the top of Div 2 separated by only 2 points from 1st to 5th, it is certainly a fascinating contest! However, the High Flyers award has to go to the Brazilian side Mineiro. Manager Hayden took over from Zazza early on in the season and has ripped out the stagnant squad of players, concentrating on depth, they sold start defender Barzagli and brought in a host of 88-89s including Osman, Rosiscky, Konko and Ibson. Their youth is Mattia Destro, he has only featured in 4 games but already has a goal and 2 assists to his tally. However the real stars from them are the old guards Totti and Denis, with a combined total of 11 goals, 6 assists and 3 man of the matches.

An impressive recent run of 9 league games unbeaten ended in France to Marseille, losing narrowly 0-1, however, the Brazilian spirit and flair is still high and most pundits expect them to remain near the top by the end of the season.

2018612_full-lnd.jpg

Excellent team spirit.

Low achievers:

Napoli

napoli-logo2.gif

After the dramatic end to last season which saw them pip heavy favourites Tottenham to the 3rd promotion spot from Div 3 into Div 2, their form so far in this season has been hit and miss. And its clear to see why; selling last season's top scorers in Forlan and Crouch (20 goals, 20 assists and 7 man of the matches in total) for a mere combined total of 13.4 million. Manager hxidit invested in other areas of the squad in the form of Litchensteiner (10 mill, 0 goals, 0 assists) and replacement striker Kerzhakov (2 goals, 2 assists). In fact, it is their youth investment at the end of last season which helped them to be where they are now, and not relegated already; a mere 0.225 mill bargain in Sterling has already 5 goals, 4 assists and 2 MOTM in just 8 appearances, it seems therefore clear that the struggling Italians must abandon their reliance on failed replacements and concentrate on building a team around the sparkling Sterling.

t1larg.jpg

Miss me?

Div 3:

High Flyers:

PSV

psv-20logo.large.gif

Schalke and Malaga all deserve praise for their positions so far in Season 2 but the clear winner of the High Flyers award in Div 3 is PSV. Losing only once and winning 9 in the whole campaign so far sees the Dutch side miles ahead of everybody else in 1st place, 4 clear from Schalke. They have the highest number of goals scored (27) and lowest number of goals conceded (9). Manager Dermo has certainly been the most active manager in the whole setup in terms of transfers, signing 20 players in this season and selling 13. They have no clear stars but instead have an incredibly strong team spirit with 7 players scoring 2 or more goals so far in their campaign. The leaders at the beginning of the season was struggling with funding, like many other clubs, however, by spending low, and selling high, as well as receiving a bit of help from Manchester United, they have built up a formidable side which has led to nearly full capacity stadium every time they play at home. They are an excellent example to other smaller clubs of how to stay competitive in the market without overspending.

PSV+Eindhoven+v+SC+Heracles+Almelo+Dutch+Cup+NS0c21Rzdgel.jpg

Full stadium = Higher revenues

Low achievers:

Udinese

Udinese.png

Considering they only won their first league games 13 days ago shows how unfortunate their campaign has been this season. Bringin only 2 players, and selling their star men Di Natalie and Ronaldinho from last season, meant their squad is thin and has very little real depth (only 10 players rated 87 or higher). Youth investment Pogba has barely featured with no goals or assists, and 23mill striker Samuel Eto'o dropping to from a mighty 94 to a mere 92, it is safe to say their activity in the market has been terrible.

However, 3 wins in their last 4 league games sees them climbing the table slowly. Any hopes of continuing last season's form has already gone, if they want to save themselves the embarrassment of finishing in the bottom of the whole gameworld, they must preserve this form and in future seasons, manager IIR must perform better in the transfer market.

120110315_crop_650x440.jpg?1314140807

Getting too old?

Nice review, Hyina. Shame we just missed out, but to us to make the difference, while coming Sunday Division 2 has a very clear match of the day:

Atlético Mineiro - MONCHENGLADBACH

Top 5 / Table, after 12 games, Division 2:

Team Goal Difference Points

Atlético Mineiro 9 21

MONCHENGLADBACH 9 21

Marseille 6 21

Internazionale 6 21 spacer.gif

Lyon 7 19

Nice review' date=' Hyina. Shame we just missed out, but to us to make the difference, while coming Sunday Division 2 has a very clear match of the day:

Atlético Mineiro - MONCHENGLADBACH

Top 5 / Table, after 12 games, Division 2:

Team Goal Difference Points

Atlético Mineiro 9 21

MONCHENGLADBACH 9 21

Marseille 6 21

Internazionale 6 21 spacer.gif

Lyon 7 19

Ooohhh.... I'm going for a 4-4 draw and Lyon leap frogging both of you :D