I was wondering whether it would be possible to give GM's the option to give their team squad numbers?

I see it working like this - At the start of the season the manager is told to allocate his players with their squad numbers for the current season. The manager can still allocate squad numbers to ay other players at any stage during the season but the players that are not given squad numbers are not available for selection on the tactics screen. This should negate any need for a reserve squad and also tidy up the tactics screen as we will not have long lists of players to scroll through for anyone with a large squad.

Any thoughts?

Re: Squad Numbers

I was wondering whether it would be possible to give GM's the option to give their team squad numbers?

I see it working like this - At the start of the season the manager is told to allocate his players with their squad numbers for the current season. The manager can still allocate squad numbers to ay other players at any stage during the season but the players that are not given squad numbers are not available for selection on the tactics screen. This should negate any need for a reserve squad and also tidy up the tactics screen as we will not have long lists of players to scroll through for anyone with a large squad.

Any thoughts?

Good points and add on's to my initial thoughts for personal squad numbers. I couldnt think of much to add to the squad numbers so didnt bother with it but you found them add on's. Good suggestion, would like to see it tested at least.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this up for you again Leigh:).

Great idea and should be very easy to implement.One way i see it working a slight variation on your idea Leigh is like this.

Manager x takes over a club at the start of a season,he/she allocates the squad numbers to the players( 1-whatever) and these numbers stay for the rest of the season,any additional players the manager buys will then be automatically given the next number in line.If the manager sells any players say for example his/her number four,this number will be given first to any new players.Then at the end of the season the manager can allocate the numbers again.

Benifits would be in the squad section where your top 11 players would be listed first.

i think 1 to 11 is just fine i really dont want my guys having all these numbers i have huge squads and i have no trouble picking my team i have a lot of guys coming and going all the time what with loans etc and do not really want to see number 75 playing up front and 58 at centre back :P :p i like to see my squad so i know who is available. but on the other hand if done correctly it may work .:)

It's a great idea , but I've just checked my squad and I have 90 players :D

Soon I'll have 100+ because I wanna buy some youth players :eek:

101 Spain Fernando Torres

102 Italy Francesco Totti

I'd like to see this on their shirts and on my squad overwiew :D

It's a great idea ' date=' but I've just checked my squad and I have 90 players :D

Soon I'll have 100+ because I wanna buy some youth players :eek:

101 Spain Fernando Torres

102 Italy Francesco Totti

I'd like to see this on their shirts and on my squad overwiew :D[/quote']

The whole idea is that you only number players playing in the first team though. Then only players with assigned squad numbers would show up on the tactics page.

I have another idea:

Only players from Senior squad and from youth squad those who are used sometimes as substitutes should have numbers

Look on wikipedia at every team and u'll see that they give number for senior squad and if u check their youth squad you can see that there only those who play sometimes have numbers :rolleyes:

I have another idea:

Only players from Senior squad and from youth squad those who are used sometimes as substitutes should have numbers

Look on wikipedia at every team and u'll see that they give number for senior squad and if u check their youth squad you can see that there only those who play sometimes have numbers :rolleyes:

Perhaps before you come up with this brilliant new ideas you should read the thread you are posting on!

Perhaps before you come up with this brilliant new ideas you should read the thread you are posting on!

Sorry but I usually read only the main idea and the first 3-4 rows from the post and then the final rows , not the entire message because it's a little to hard for me.

If u don't like my style I suggest u to learn Romanian and then to come in a Romanian forum to see u and u'r ideas :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts?

In light of the new announcement i think it'll have to work as above - don't see how else it could work re large squads without having youth players with "squad number 126" etc etc.

Unless SM plan to introduce a cap on squads of max 99 players.....? But hey' date=' let's not start that again......:D [/font']

In light of the new announcement i think it'll have to work as above - don't see how else it could work re large squads without having youth players with "squad number 126" etc etc.

Unless SM plan to introduce a cap on squads of max 99 players.....? But hey' date=' let's not start that again......:D [/font']

It says on the blog that numbers 1-99 will be available to use for bigger squads that want to number that many players...

"Within SM we currently use the traditional use of the starting XI for each team during the match by numbering them one to eleven. However, as mentioned in the opening of this article a suggestion that we receive on a regular basis is in relation to the introduction of squad numbers.

If this idea was introduced it would allow a manager to allocate numbers between 1 and 99 to members of his squad at the start of a season, and then if/when a player transfers in allocate him an available number. Obviously this squad number would be displayed on the tactics page within the selected formation etc, and it would add a more realistic element to the game."

Yeah when i read it again i guess what it's really saying is that at any one time you can only have a max of 99 players eligible to play (as you must have a squad number to play).

On first reading i was thinking they maybe meant every player had to have a squad number and that they thought 99 would be sufficient to cover large squads, in which case there might've been a problem as

99 is only an average sized squad.

There wont be 999......

1-99.....Not 999

lol welshman i can read:p

i was refering to the post above where Machine said that people have larger squads than 99 players. So if people have larger squads than 99 then i wonder what numbers will be given to those extra players eg 105. then logically if you can do 105 you could do 999.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...