Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

Jamichael_90

Re: Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

The main issue with Olympiacos is that they buy too many decent/good players that won't be given any chance in the first team and they'll all end up - loaned out in a mid-table club.

That's all I have for now :rolleyes:.

great stuff. appreciate you answer.

Re: Respuesta: Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

potential of Dimitris Sounas? Keep or sell?

Definitely keep him mate.I've predicted a +5 rise but he only got +3. Still, I think he will get that rise sooner or later. As for his potential, if Gianniotas leave Aris then Sounas at the age of 18 yrs, will be like the star of the team. His rating can only go upper. I can almost assure you that he'll be around 82/83 rating next season.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the biggest Greek prospects Stefanos Kapino' date=' is heading to [b']SSC Napoli[/b] from Panathinaikos on a loan deal.

The Italian club can buy the young goalkeeper next summer for 2m.

[/center]

how did this happen? Napoli havent got a manager!?

;2593896']how did this happen? Napoli havent got a manager!?

According to "Sky Italia" there might be a hold on talks as it looks like the people of Napoli will wait for Benitez to approve the transfer first.

Although' date=' the transfer is almost completed as Kapino will be like back-up goalie behind De Sanctis so, no big a deal for Benitez tho.

Help please. Who should I sign? I can only get one. It is either Maupay or Fountas? Thank you.

Don't know if its too late to answer, but have in mind that Maupay had a serious hit and will be injured till mids of October 13' so, technically there won't be a rise for him any time soon and he won't have a quick recovery after such a knock either imo. So I'd go for Fountas if I were you, he's a big prospect my friend.

Hi Jamichael' date=' do they have the potential to be good players? Are they part of the best talents of Greece?[/quote']

Tbh, none of Vlachos & Fourlanos are on my list of the biggest talents indeed.

You will possibly notice Fourlanos more than Vlachos. Fourlanos was one of the biggest prospects but the lack of work rate and the fact that he has a very weak body (he falls like a leaf sometimes) made him a decent talent in a league that really needs strength and stamina. He's box-to-box midfielder with good technique, he has even been compared with Fellaini.Not just cause of his old hair tho :rolleyes:. If Brugge work on him and give him regular playtime he'll come out as a fine player imo.

And finally, Vlachos is a good player who had a full season with a team. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect anything fascinating, he is just a normal RB who can keep his pos well and who rarely goes up in offense.

a Greek journo over here Mike Pieri reported on the state of Greek football next season and it sounds bad...

8 teams including giants Panathiniakos have been refused licences to play in the Superleague next season :eek:

and AEK will drop to the 3rd divison next season!

;2601467']a Greek journo over here Mike Pieri reported on the state of Greek football next season and it sounds bad...

8 teams including giants Panathiniakos have been refused licences to play in the Superleague next season :eek:

Because of the financial troubles over there?

;2601467']a Greek journo over here Mike Pieri reported on the state of Greek football next season and it sounds bad...

Reminds me of this saying:

Money is the root of all evil

Last year in Greece there were again some teams that didn't get the official license to participate in the league. "In that case, the clubs can only buy:

• 2 foreign players.

• Only local players who are under the age of 21."

Panathinaikos has had some financial changes recently and has added some warranties which prove that the club is secured and describes the club's situation as sustainable. At least that's what their president says.

Whole other story for AEK. To be specific, AEK could participate in the Second Division but they decided to move down to the Third League in order to clear the total debt of the club which is pretty much around 50m£.

I guess this is another example of how politic affects football ...

As an insider to the Greek Superleague' date=' could you please tell me if Vlachodimos has found his form yet at Olympiakos. Last time I checked Soccerway he had only played 2 games!!!! :confused:[/quote']

He had quite an impressive half season after Jan. and actually after new coach Michel joined Olympiacos. He took his chances and did really good.He will be a first team player next season I assume.He's young and cool, so keep him if you have him as his rating can only go upper.

And it should be some time since you last saw his profile as he finished season with 20 games, 2 goals & 2 assists :rolleyes:.

• 3 weeks later...

Dimitris Siovas would go to Standard Liege. Olympiakos would ask 1.500.000 euros. Is he good?

Really like this guy. He's a tall defender, very calm and cool on his moves with good positions but a bit slow to be fair. He had a fine season with Olympiacos and some impressing perfomances in UCL, especially vs Arsenal.There have even been some rumours that Wenger was thinking of making a move for him after what he saw. Never happened and now I'm hearing from you that Standard wants him, would be a good transfer for the belgian club imo.

Really like this guy. He's a tall defender' date=' very calm and cool on his moves with good positions but a bit slow to be fair. He had a fine season with Olympiacos and some impressing perfomances in UCL, especially vs Arsenal.There have even been some rumours that Wenger was thinking of making a move for him after what he saw. Never happened and now I'm hearing from you that Standard wants him, would be a good transfer for the belgian club imo.[/quote']

a first bid of Standard of 1.000.000 would have been rejected and Olympiakos asks 1.500.000. Not a big difference, so I think a deal can come soon!

Transfer News

pbn9.jpg

Fortuna Dusseldorf have signed Greece U-20 midfielder Giannis Gianniotas. Aris have agreed terms with Fortuna over a transfer fee, which is set to be worth an estimated €500.000 plus a potential 10% of any future sale.

30wa.jpg

Serie A side Cagliari have announced the acquisition of promising Greek defender Marios Ikonomou on a transfer from PAS Giannina.The Italian outfit,paid a transfer fee of €500.000 in order to bring Ikonomou to Italy.