Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

Jamichael_90

Re: Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

Transfer News

maurias-panigiriko-new.jpg?itok=7jUkBCyQ

Sunderland are set to complete the signing of Panathinaikos winger Charis Mavrias, after the two clubs came to an agreement over a transfer fee.

According to widespread reports in Greece, the English Premier League club will pay an initial €3 million for the services of the Greece international, with the fee potentially set to rise to €4 million.

What do you know about Dimitris Diamantakos?

Really average forward who will never move to a big club, even though he's still young. But the main issue is that he's having hard times when it comes to scoring.Last year stats as CF : 21 Games - 0 Goals :rolleyes:

Belongs to Olympiacos but he will be either loaned out or released and will probably join a mid-table club. Sell him if you got him, there are tones of bigger talents.

Re: Riferimento: Greek Superleage - Risers/Droppers & Player Analysis 2012

What about Kostas Tryantafyllopoulos? Will he rise soon? Is he worth keeping? I don't know if keep or sell this guy

Definitely keep him as he will have a further rise of +4/+5.

He did really good with the Greek U-20 NT in WC and he will also be a key player for Panathinaikos next season.

Panathinaikos

karnezis+kapino.jpg

Alright, I have some fresh news for those who would like to have an update on Stefanos Kapino situation. As some of you may know Kapino had lost his place from Karnezis (no suprise as Karnezis was tremendous last two seasons), who is now about to complete his transfer to Udinese for a fee of €750,000.

That automatically means, that Kapino is becoming the No.1 GK for Panathinaikos.

It was matter of time to happen and now its time to see this young lad shining ;)

• 10 months later...

Is Risvanis worth holding on to?

Definitely keep him. He was voted "Greek Talent of the Year", that speaks for itself though. He's going to get even more playtime next year.

Hamburger made an offer of 300-400k in the previous mid-season window but it got rejected.

How was Kapino's season ?

He had his very first full season and did surprisingly well..So, now he's no.2 GK in the Greek NT for the WC, in the age of 20 yrs old.

Kapino has ridiculous body for his age and incredible reflexes.If he could improve his technique (throwing etc) he'd a be top class goalie already! He's still young though. To sum up, a great season for him indeed, I expect to see more of the same and I would predict a move to a bigger club sooner or later B).

He had his very first full season and did surprisingly well..So' date=' now he's no.2 GK in the Greek NT for the WC, in the age of 20 yrs old.

Kapino has ridiculous body for his age and incredible reflexes.If he could improve his technique (throwing etc) he'd a be top class goalie already! He's still young though. To sum up, a great season for him indeed, I expect to see more of the same and I would predict a move to a bigger club sooner or later B).[/quote']

Yes I heard Reading were interested :D Thanks for reviving the thread

• 4 weeks later...

The Latest Transfer News from the Greek Superleague

#1. Arsenal consider move for Greek defender Kostas Manolas (23yrs, CB)

g5Manolas.jpg

Manolas is signle-handedly the hottest name from the Greek Superleague. He had a great World Cup this summer and now he looks ready for a move to a bigger club.

According to indepedent.co.uk Arsene Wenger sees Manolas as a replacement for Thomas Vermaelen who might leave for Man Utd.

"Arsenal would have to part with about £8m to land him, but would face competition from Juventus who are also rumoured to be interested".

. . .

#2. Stefanos Kapino (20yrs old, GK) to be sold this summer (?)

1118315.jpg?itok=0a0WfE5M

As revealed by TMW, Benfica have offered 2 million euros to Panathinaikos to obtain 20-year-old goalkeeper Stefanos Kapino. Sporting CP,Genoa and Verona are also interested.

. . .

3#. Super League champions Olympiacos sign Eric Abidal (34 yrs, CB)

article-0-1F6AAB1600000578-186_634x404.jpg

Eric Abidal has joined Olympiacos just days after signing a new contract with Monaco (!).Rumours say that he left Monaco because of their behaviour towards Victor Valdes.A big transfer for Olympiacos anyway who also signed the talented..

. . .

4#. Arthur Masuaku (20 yrs old, LB) has signed for Olympiacos.

0.jpg

. . .

Stefanos Kapino (20 yrs old,GK) close to Sporting CP (POR)

kapino_lagos-600x400.jpg?18820c

According to the Greek & Portuguese media, Stefanos Kapino seems to be in Portugal right now, ready to sign a 5-year deal with Sporting CP. It is understood the Sporting club will pay around 2m euros for the Greek talented Goalkeeper.

Yes' date=' it's Sporting CP but the deal won't be completed. Panathinaikos agreed with Sporting on 2.5m but Kapino rejected the contract offer due to not getting any assurances of playing time at Sporting.

Can't blame him though, with Patricio at the front it would obviously take some time to introduce himself..[/quote']

• 1 month later...

TRANSFERS

Manolas close to Arsenal

MANOLAS1_683_355.JPG

According to goal.com "Olympiakos centre-back Kostas Manolas is undergoing a medical at Arsenal ahead of a move to the Gunners, Goal understands."

Arsenal are understood to have been quoted a transfer fee of €10 million for the centre-back.

Karnezis set for Benfica move

karnezis.jpg

"S.L Benfica are close on finalizing the loan signing of Greece International goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis"

According to Sky Italia’s, the Udinese shot stopper is currently being lined up to replace Atletico-bound Jan Oblak. The loan deal could reportedly be closed in the coming hours.

Juventus loan Bouy to Panathinaikos

Ouasim-Bouy-Juventus.jpg

Dutch attacking midfielder Ouasim Bouy has been loaned by Juventus to Panathinaikos for an undisclosed fee.

Just like last year, I'll once again post to you guys the players who I predict, will have the biggest rises but guess what.

You can buy them for peanuts !! B)

(Remember, last year's bargain buys, here & here)

Bargain Buys of the Year - 2014

benitez_0.jpg?itok=opGQ-Gmh

Name : Jorge Benitez | Rating : 75

As you can read above, this guy's name is Jorge Benitez and he plays as CF, for Guarani (Paraguay).

Although within the next few hours he will be playing for Olympiacos.Probably, to replace last year's CF Mitroglou, so that means that he will get some exciting playtime in Greek Superleague,Cup and UCL.

I won't lie to you, I didn't even know the guy before I heard about his transfer. But what really impressed me is his last year performances.Take a look:

Apperances : 21 | Goals : 17 (Soccerway)

What that means ? No matter if he joins Olympiacos or not (we know he will though B)) this guy will get a nice big rise for his last year performances, soon enough. Although, don't be surprised if you see that guy's rating being as high as 86/87 in less than 5 months.Oh, and he's only 21 yrs old ;).

Rating : 75 > 83/82 [Rose to 82]

He may rise even more once the transfer has been completed

Roma complete Kostas Manolas signing

manolas_upografes.jpg?itok=wehbx4zJ

Roma have completed the signing of defender Kostas Manolas from Olympiacos

The 23-year-old had been linked with Arsenal and Juventus over the summer' date=' but he has now agreed to a five-year deal with the Giallorossi.

He has cost the Rome outfit a transfer fee of €13m (£10.35m), plus performance-related bonuses of up to €2m (£1.59m).

[/center']

• 1 month later...

GREEK SUPERLEAGUE | BEST PLAYERS

1 # Roberto Jimenez | Age : 28 | Club : Olympiacos

Position : Goalkeeper

10734147_944240805590936_8976468793789399759_n.jpg?oh=0fd50e85dc221f33a74cddb85c35c180&oe=54AC6A87&__gda__=1424648545_7d42ae74f66018d66a77306b921feb98

The Spanish goalkeeper has been sensational so far, just like last year. This week Roberto had an other amazing night vs Juventus in UCL, and he was voted MVP of the game.

Goalkeeper Roberto maintained Olympiakos' lead as Juventus piled on pressure in the last 25 minutes, twice stopping goal-bound shots from Alvaro Morata and also denying Carlos Tevez.

Morata, who saw his second shot hit the crossbar after Roberto's save, said he regarded the Spaniard as being "one the best goalkeepers in the world."

watch?v=6CtNZ3gUQqA

622x350.jpg

(Roberto is congratulated by Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon)

Vicente Del Bosque's assistant Toni Grande stated "we've seen both Roberto and Moya this year and I must say, one of them will receive a call-up to the Spanish national team".

. . .

watch?v=nyb10CeUJ-E

(Last year's sensational performance vs Benfica)

In a perfect world, Roberto Jimenez would be rated 89 already,

I don't know what Soccer - Kiwi thought but it's never too late anyway.

SM Rating:

88 > 89/88

GREEK SUPERLEAGUE | BEST PLAYERS

2 # Arthur Masuaku| Age : 20 | Club : Olympiacos

Main Position : Left Back

mazuaku.jpg

Arthur has started this season surprisingly good for Olympiacos. He's a key player for the first team and he's putted some exciting performances in both UCL & Greek League.

Especially in the game vs Atletico Madrid, he managed to open the scoreline for Olympiacos with a powerful shot and he was pretty much one of the best players in the pitch. Also he recently received a call up and he's now part of the French U-21 NT.

It's a sure thing that Arthur will have a full season, which is only good for his SM rating and in my opinion he will be the next big sale for the Greek team after Mirallas,Mitroglou,Samaris,Manolas etc.

Definitely one to watch guys.

SM Rating:

82 >85