Which RB to keep, which to sell?

ptus

Hello guys,

Although im running a formation that often uses 2 RBs (5-4-1, replacing 3xcb with rb-cb-lb in back line to rotate), i need to make up my mind and sell 2.

My main is Alves, he stays.

Others i have;

ABATE, Ignazio RB/RM 25 90

LICHTSTEINER, Stephan RB/RM 28 90

AZPILICUETA, César RB/RM 23 89

Also have the option to purchase Debuchy at the moment for a low price.

p.s. i maybe have the option to pick up Walker, he is on external team atm and becomes available in 1 month

So out of these 4 (Abate, Lichtsteiner, Debuchy, Azpilicueta), which 2 would you keep?

Cheers

Re: Which RB to keep, which to sell?

Hello guys' date=' Although im running a formation that often uses 2 RBs (5-4-1, replacing 3xcb with rb-cb-lb in back line to rotate), i need to make up my mind and sell 2. My main is Alves, he stays. Others i have; ABATE, Ignazio RB/RM 25 90 LICHTSTEINER, Stephan RB/RM 28 90 AZPILICUETA, César RB/RM 23 89 Also have the option to purchase Debuchy at the moment for a low price. p.s. i maybe have the option to pick up Walker, he is on external team atm and becomes available in 1 month So out of these 4 (Abate, Lichtsteiner, Debuchy, Azpilicueta), which 2 would you keep? Cheers[/quote'] Sell Liechtsteiner. If you are getting Debuchy for low price and can sell Abate for a comaratively high price, then sell abate also. If not then sell azpilicueta.

Hello guys' date='

Although im running a formation that often uses 2 RBs (5-4-1, replacing 3xcb with rb-cb-lb in back line to rotate), i need to make up my mind and sell 2.

My main is Alves, he stays.

Others i have;

ABATE, Ignazio RB/RM 25 90

LICHTSTEINER, Stephan RB/RM 28 90

AZPILICUETA, César RB/RM 23 89

Also have the option to purchase Debuchy at the moment for a low price.

p.s. i maybe have the option to pick up Walker, he is on external team atm and becomes available in 1 month

So out of these 4 (Abate, Lichtsteiner, Debuchy, Azpilicueta), which 2 would you keep?

Cheers[/quote']

Keep Azpi and Licht.

Sell Liechtsteiner. If you are getting Debuchy for low price and can sell Abate for a comaratively high price' date=' then sell abate also. If not then sell azpilicueta.[/quote']

Why sell Liechsteiner? Kind of the undisputed first choice RB for Juventus (leading the Serie A after an unbeaten season) and you want to sell him over the rest?

I would:

Keep: Liech, Abate

Sell: Debuchy, Azpilicueta

Cheers,

Roy

the point of selling Liechtsteiner is his age. Maybe Debuchy or Azpilicueta can become much greater in coming years. And you can't expect rise in Liechtsteiner's rating' date=' can you?[/quote']

I do not expect any of the 4 players mentioned to rise at all. But i feel Liech has the highest chance of rising. Why?

Debuchy is likely to be stuck at 90. This is because Lille is only doing ok in Ligue one and it would be very difficult for them to win the league with thie current squad as PSG's moneybags. Furthermore, he wanted a move in the summer but Lille didn't let him go so he is no happy bunny and i'm not sure if its good for his performances. He is playing for the French NT but they seem as likely as England to win any honours at all.

Abate is also stuck at 90 with the poor start that Milan has had so far. Fair enough that it is still early on in the season but i cannot see Milan overhauling both Inter and Juve to win the Scudetto. Furthermore, i believe he is also not a first teamer for the Italian NT such also suggests that he will not rise or fall.

Azpilicueta has made his move to a bigger club but you should not think of that as warranting an immediate rise to 90. Secondly, he has not featured much since his move as Ivanovic seems to be the preferred first choice RB at Chelsea. That is not to mention that he has not featured for the Spanish NT to my knowledge so his 90 probably come at the end of the season review.

Lichtsteiner has the highest chance of rising of out the 4. Admittedly, Azpilicueta has the most potential but not many players do realise their true potential in their careers and its not like he has set the Premier League alight since his move.

Lastly, you guys may want to reconsider selling older players in favour of younger players with potential. Many a times, older players do have higher ratings and may keep them for a long time. For example, Vidic is the only 96 rated CB at over 30. However, even if he drops to 94 or 95, he is still one of the handful of players that one can get at such high rating. If you trade Vidic away for a top potential CB like say Hummels or Badstuber, you are easily losing a lot of quality in a gamble for the potential of the latter 2 players. And there is absolutely no certainty that Hummels or Bads will ever hit 94, much less 96.

Lich is only 28. If he keeps up his consistency (which IMO he has been very consistent) or if the Swiss NT does well (remember they managed to beat Spain), there is not reason why he could not get 91, 92.

Cheers,

Roy