Forumer of the Year 2012

Guest drseanfitz

Re: Forumer of the Year 2012

I vote arampage!! :D Or have I missed something?

The last 8 or so pages should be moved the the Jerry Springer thread.

Anyway I was at a dinner tonight for a work think and the very boots that Sergio Aguero scored the league winning goal last season were up for auction and sold for £650 I think it was, you'd of thought he or Man City would of kept those boots considering the magnitude of that goal?

A draw, awesome! :D

Well done to both lads and everyone else involved and of course the lads who organised all this, if I'm still around next year I won't be so stupid to vote for myself I guess haha! Though if these 2 lads are still around I'm not sure it'll matter, as I very much doubt I'll beat them :o

What on Earth is the point of a draw??

The contest is called Forumer of the year not forumer(s) of the Year.

In any contest any cup competition you dont play get to 90 mins and call it a draw....you either replay or settle by some other way. There has to be a winner.

I just dont see the point in going through all this effort, groups, elimination etc and call it a draw.

When people were level in the group stages you didnt say oh well thats nice better let them both progress, you replayed it until a winner is decided.

I think it makes a mockery of the competition.

Either have one winner or none at all what's the point?!?! :o:o

What on Earth is the point of a draw??

The contest is called Forumer of the year not forumer(s) of the Year.

In any contest any cup competition you dont play get to 90 mins and call it a draw....you either replay or settle by some other way. There has to be a winner.

I just dont see the point in going through all this effort' date=' groups, elimination etc and call it a draw.

When people were level in the group stages you didnt say oh well thats nice better let them both progress, you replayed it until a winner is decided.

I think it makes a mockery of the competition.

Either have one winner or none at all what's the point?!?! :o:o[/quote']

Because this is a 1v1 contest, intuition dictates that the result of a replay would be exactly the same. Read the comments in the play-offs - many say 'I voted for X in the group and see no reason not to here' or similar.

The rules for deciding a tie in the knock-outs were a coin toss but I think that that'd be a very hollow way of winning the whole thing and that the victor would probably rather share the title regardless.

We are all fully aware that I am the true people's champion and Elo is nothing more than the 'spam man' so on that basis I win :P

On a serious note a certain forumer who has not been particularly active in recent weeks until after the voting closed would have voted for myself, he will remain nameless as I would not want to drop Brunopinto in it.........doh! :o

Because this is a 1v1 contest' date=' intuition dictates that the result of a replay would be exactly the same. Read the comments in the play-offs - many say 'I voted for X in the group and see no reason not to here' or similar.

The rules for deciding a tie in the knock-outs were a coin toss but I think that that'd be a very hollow way of winning the whole thing and that the victor would probably rather share the title regardless.[/quote']

I disagree entirely.

If this had been any other round you would have had to had done a coin toss or whatever, before the event was set-out rules were put in place and the coin toss was part of that.

If Gary, Brad etc are going to be disqualified for breaking the rules by voting for themselves (in Brad's case and I dont know him from Adam so have no ulterior motive he was winning by the proverbial country mile) and be disqualified then I think all rules should be implemented.

We cant just pick and choose which rules are "enforced".

There is also no guarentee that everybody would vote the same, you may get more people who vote who havent been able to for some reason so far etc.

You wouldn't see City "sharing" a cup with United now would you, you play on until we have a winner or by whatever means were designated at the start of being the "end game".

I dont really care who wins that much either of them is fine...but there should be a Winner not winner(s). When people voted they were voting for a "singular" winner.

Anyway Im not that fussed.....just saying :)

• 9 months later...