Liverpool Academy Prospects

Mr E

After the likes of Suso, Sterling and Wisdom broke into the Liverpool first team i thought it would be a good idea to write up about the next batch of talents in Liverpool's Academy. I won't bother predicting their future SM ratings as my crystal ball seems to have been misplaced...

Jordan Lussey

Danieltrickettsmith.jpg&w=263&h=268&ei=7uuXUK2fJei70QXNm4HwBg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=1&sig=115371879060103062173&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=143&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:69&tx=236&ty=209

200px-Jordan_lussey.jpg

(born 2 November 1994)

Position: CM/AM

This kid is extremely talented and is one of Liverpools best prospects. His passing range is phenomenal and he has an excellent shot from range, reminiscent of a young Steven Gerrard... He scored 9 goals in 27 games last season and was made captain towards the end of the season. He also established himself as a starter for England U-17s and I can see him making his way up through the ranks.

Jack Dunn

200px-Jackdunn.jpg

(born 19 November 1994)

Position: AM/Wing

Jack Dunn is another highly rated young midfielder for Liverpool and definitely has the potential to play for the first team in the next few years. Similar to Lussey, Dunn is know for his passing range and knack for scoring from range, shown by his 8 goals in 20 games last season. However, one factor that sets him apart from Lussey is his versatility. He is equally excellent playing as a central midfielder, winger, or even behind the striker. As long as injuries don't ruin his development this kid could be big.

Jerome Sinclair

200px-Jeromesinclair.jpg

(born 20 September 1996)

Position: Fwd

Sinclair will be well-known by most due to his appearance in the league cup for the first team, making him Liverpool's youngest ever player. This kid is a goal-machine and is equally adept with his head or with either feet: a natural finisher. At 16, he is the U-18's leading goalscorer and will no doubt be pushing for a first team place in a few years if he continues to develop and works on his overall game.

Jordan Ibe

200px-Ibe.jpg

(born 8 December 1995)

Position: Wing/Fwd

Another player that most will know is Jordan Ibe after he broke into the Wycombe first team at 15. Ibe has pace to burn and loves to beat the opposing full-back. This season Ibe has featured for both the Reserves and U-18s but has shown that he is a level above the U-18s. Ibe took part in Liverpool's pre-season tour of America which seems to have really benefited his overall game. Once his final ball improves I can see him becoming a future star.

Daniel Tricket-Smith

Danieltrickettsmith.jpg

(born 10 September 1995)

Position: AM

Trickett-Smith was signed from Crewe earlier this year for 300k and has gone on to be an important member of the U-18s team due to his intelligence and dribbling. This has led to him contributing many assists as well as a few goals. As long as he bulks up over the next few years I can see him doing well for Liverpool. He certainly has all the attributes and is similar in style to Joe Cole however I hope his Liverpool career goes a little better!

I'll be keeping this thread updated throughout the season and will add more players as soon as I see the need. Hope you find this helpful! :)