To sell or not to sell?

DeepThanes

i manage a roma team, and i've gotten an offer for totti (30yrs 96 rated AM/F)... well actually two offers.

one is 35m + patrick vieira and the other is 25m + esteban cambiasso (both from inter).

ok.. i have a bit of dilemma because totti was my best scorer and main man last season (being captain and all). my other strikers are sergio aguero, darren bent, jose sosa and nery alberto castillo. i'm thinking of getting a replacement but there aren't many decent forwards available out there. been pm'ing managers about their strikers but haven't got too many replies.

on the other hand, 25m + cambiasso and 35m + vieira is enticing, cos my CMs are de rossi, fernando gago, lucas leiva and alberto aquilani.

don't know what to do, help greatly appreciated. thx lots.

Re: To sell or not to sell?

I've gotten Aguero, Bent, Castillo and Sosa as stated, is that good enough strikeforce. Would prob get another striker with the funds from the sale.. I would have prob 35m?

EDIT: sent out pm's for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Dimitar Berbatov, RVP, Henry and Javier Saviola. Don't know if the offer i made (25m) would go thru tho.

i manage a roma team' date=' and i've gotten an offer for totti (30yrs 96 rated AM/F)... well actually two offers.

one is 35m + patrick vieira and the other is 25m + esteban cambiasso (both from inter).

ok.. i have a bit of dilemma because totti was my best scorer and main man last season (being captain and all). my other strikers are sergio aguero, darren bent, jose sosa and nery alberto castillo. i'm thinking of getting a replacement but there aren't many decent forwards available out there. been pm'ing managers about their strikers but haven't got too many replies.

on the other hand, 25m + cambiasso and 35m + vieira is enticing, cos my CMs are de rossi, fernando gago, lucas leiva and alberto aquilani.

don't know what to do, help greatly appreciated. thx lots.[/quote']

u can accept either one, as im 100% sure none will go thru

i manage a roma team' date=' and i've gotten an offer for totti (30yrs 96 rated AM/F)... well actually two offers.

don't know what to do, help greatly appreciated. thx lots.[/quote']

u shouldnt sell totti at all he mis amazing.but if u do try and get forlan he scores alot for the teams i have him for and is great upfront wit totti.u have a good strike force wit them players u have and keppin totti and gettin forlan would be great for ur team

ok the deals didn't go thru, i tried 25m + cambiasso as well...

but inter managed to buy gerrard for 48m + vieira and figo? thats more than 55m already, and gerrard's value is only 11.5m? The explanation given was that only offers upto 3 times the player value can be accepted, but if the gerrard deal was allowed then i don't see why totti for 25m + cambiasso is not allowed?

(totti's value is 8.4m, the deal is worth 34.1m)

From Chairman explained:

After playing the game for a while you should be able to decide what is an acceptable deal and what is not. A good tip is to look back on the previous transfers to see what deals are acceptable. This can be found in the Transfers section. Buying a player who is worth £6m for 3 times his value, £18m is not acceptable neither is trying to buy him for less than or just over his valuation, as the selling clubs chairman will want to sell him for more than he's worth. However buying a player who is worth £10m for three times his value, £30m is an acceptable deal.

from my experience, players worth $9mill n more can go for crazy prices

i've seen puyol, ronaldinho, berbatov, quaresma etc go for above $50mill easily

highest was $98mill in 1 of the setups

sad to say, players below $9mill cant be sold for too much.

max is abt $25mill

players like totti, drogba, van nistelrooy etc who are in this range cant be sold above $25mill

i know they are good (ratings) but i usually keep them since its not worth selling them

or

try using them as p/e

one i tried recently was $8mill + totti to buy essien etc