Sign in to follow this  
Deckers

New player positions!

Re: New player positions!

I think the new player positioning s are terrible' date=' does any one else feel like it should be changed back to the way it was before? :confused::confused::confused:[/quote']

Agree-takes some getting used to..I just use the green/yellow/red colorization at the moment

No you guys don't understand, when the new positions are updated correctly it will allow for more positions that weren't possible in the old format.

For example, Mauricio Isla is a wing back who can play in the central midfield. So his new position should be D R, M R C. That would be equivalent to RB/RM/MC which was not possible in the old format.

No you guys don't understand' date=' when the new positions are updated correctly it will allow for more positions that weren't possible in the old format.

For example, Mauricio Isla is a wing back who can play in the central midfield. So his new position should be D R, M R C. That would be equivalent to RB/RM/MC which was not possible in the old format.[/quote']

They could have updated it such that there could be more positions per player in the old format.

Seriously' date=' how is it 'hard'?

The moaning people do at every cosmetic change in the game is unreal.[/quote']

If you think changing the positions from what they actually are to a bunch of letters that actually take you a second before you figure out where they playis for the better then god help you. How can you expect people not to moan when CF is now FC. When Wing is now AM R L. I wasn't aware that the wing was referred to as attacking midfield.

@mawriz Isla is M R C though...

They could have updated it such that there could be more positions per player in the old format.

I have been a manager on this game for over 2 years nw and some of the updates have worked well, others not so much. id have to say that this is certainly the worst of the lot. u pretty much have to click on the player to find out their positions while in tactics if they have a red or amber square next to the shirt. please go bak to the old type. if adding more positions was wanted, why was Def, Mid and Fwd on the old 1. do they nt incorperate multiple positions. Yes they do. sort it out SM or ur gonna lose managers. new ones won't be able to understand it, old ones won't no what to do with tactics

:confused::mad:

I can only guess the new player positions is work in progress because at the moment the format is illegible and incomprehensible. Surely SM will not leave it the way it is. It is like looking at a foreign language. The spaces also look very clumsy between the letters. There was nothing wrong with the old format.

I can only guess the new player positions is work in progress because at the moment the format is illegible and incomprehensible. Surely SM will not leave it the way it is. It is like looking at a foreign language. The spaces also look very clumsy between the letters. There was nothing wrong with the old format.

maybe also the precursor of new formations ..

I do have to say it is a case of "if it's not broken don't fix it."

It looks very cumbersome and is, for me an irrelevant and unnecessary change, like most things it will just take time to get use to and adapt to it. As for it driving people away as someone previously mentioned, then that is a laughable and ridiculous analogy. So they have changed the positioning, so what! If that is a reason for players to leave then I for one say goodbye to you as you shouldn't be playing the game if something as trivial (and I agree pointless) change is going to ruin your gaming experience.

The new change is not needed...the positions looks dirty and its unwanted...i don't even know what some of the position means...please change it back ok the current one SUCKS...

And whats the use of the new change when we already have Fwd,Def and Mid positions...

Things should be improved not changed completely...making things hard for the players...

They're moving more towards Football Manager.

The new positions are exactly the same positions that are in the FM series.

Give them time to update player positions and it should be a benefit. As someone said Isla will likely be able to hold more positions.

I'm not keen on Soccerwiki at all though, it just seems that they've put control of the game in the hands of a bunch of 13 year olds. The whole player strength/weakness thing is ridiculous as half of them are wrong.

They'd be better off getting together a group of 25-50 volunteers from the forums - known and respected members who clearly know their stuff and let them do it rather than having kids just changing strengths/weaknesses based on what they want.

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!

I am a Gold Manager with 8 clubs & this mod has taken the enjoyment out of choosing my tactics.

I don't think I'll be renewing my Gold membership & will revert to managing just one club due to this mod which is very "User UNfriendly" & annoying!

Can users please be given the option to choose which positional description type they prefer? Or just revert back to the old type please..

VERY UNHAPPY!

:mad:

I do have to say it is a case of "if it's not broken don't fix it."

It looks very cumbersome and is' date=' for me an irrelevant and unnecessary change, like most things it will just take time to get use to and adapt to it. As for it driving people away as someone previously mentioned, then that is a laughable and ridiculous analogy. So they have changed the positioning, so what! If that is a reason for players to leave then I for one say goodbye to you as you shouldn't be playing the game if something as trivial (and I agree pointless) change is going to ruin your gaming experience.[/color']

Don't be so pompous! If people lose their enjoyment of the game then some are going to leave & rightly so if the pleasure has gone.

But coming over all righteous is unnecessary - it's all about personal opinion & enjoyment.. IMO

I like to go by the saying if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Are SM staff so bored that they have nothing better to do than tinker with things that don't need to be changed? honestly, i thought my account had a bug when i saw these stupid changes yesterday.

Now wingers dont even exist any more, it's AM (LR) like the ***? Honestly, what was the point of this other than making everything that much more complicated?

SM, please sort yourselves out

Don't be so pompous! If people lose their enjoyment of the game then some are going to leave & rightly so if the pleasure has gone.

But coming over all righteous is unnecessary - it's all about personal opinion & enjoyment.. IMO

it is neither righteous or pompous' date=' it is an opinion on why I think leaving a game over such a change is ridiculous. Whilst I agreed the change was not necessary I merely stated that it is not significant enough of a change to warrant considering leaving the game, not like it alters the match engine or the tactical aspect which are the two most integral aspects to a management simulation.

All that it has done is caused confusion which can be rectified over time it is just getting use to the changes. Yes we shouldn't have to get use to the changes but it is done now, get over it and enjoy beating your rivals and friends again. Talk about making mountains out of mole hills. You can't keep everyone happy all of the time, feathers will be ruffled, like previous changes, yet we come to accept them. [/color']

the update positions are:

Goalkeeper (GK)

Defender Left (D L)

Defender Right (D R)

Defender Centre (D C)

Defensive midfielder Left (DM L)

Defensive midfielder Right(DM R)

Defensive midfielder Centre (DM C)

Midfielder Left (M L)

Midfielder Right (M R)

Midfielder Centre (M C)

Attacking midfielder Left (AM L)

Attacking midfielder Right (AM R)

Attacking midfielder Centre (AM C)

Forward Left (F L)

Forward Right (F R)

Forward Centre (F C)

These are far to unecessary and far too hard to read in tactics menu. i have never encountered football manager and the previous player positioning was far superior. it was basic yes bt easy for newbees to understand. I stand by what i said about turning people away. unless its fixed by soccer wiki changing to a SIMPLER system i do believe people won't stay. i manage 8 clubs and use a 4-4-2 diamond formation and all the am people on the old positioning system became OUT OF POSITION. thts 8 clubs all with identical problem. i had to check everyone elses position to make sure that there was no OUT OF POSITION

the update positions are:

Goalkeeper (GK)

Defender Left (D L)

Defender Right (D R)

Defender Centre (D C)

Defensive midfielder Left (DM L)

Defensive midfielder Right(DM R)

Defensive midfielder Centre (DM C)

Midfielder Left (M L)

Midfielder Right (M R)

Midfielder Centre (M C)

Attacking midfielder Left (AM L)

Attacking midfielder Right (AM R)

Attacking midfielder Centre (AM C)

Forward Left (F L)

Forward Right (F R)

Forward Centre (F C)

These are far to unecessary and far too hard to read in tactics menu. i have never encountered football manager and the previous player positioning was far superior. it was basic yes bt easy for newbees to understand. I stand by what i said about turning people away. unless its fixed by soccer wiki changing to a SIMPLER system i do believe people won't stay. i manage 8 clubs and use a 4-4-2 diamond formation and all the am people on the old positioning system became OUT OF POSITION. thts 8 clubs all with identical problem. i had to check everyone elses position to make sure that there was no OUT OF POSITION

nobody is disputing the changes as unnecessary I have even stated twice now that I agree' date=' but surely the solution is to embrace the changes regardless of whether they are to everyone's benefit or in this case to there detriment. I use many formations to counter an opponent and I have 21 teams and have yet to find these new positions to have had any negative effect on the players in my squads and all are able to play in the positions they could when using the previous method. Is it ideal? No it isn't, but it is hardly the be all and end all.

Just a suggestion, but why not try a few different formations? Arrange friendlies with your mates and who knows you may find a few formations that you like more so mate. Plus you and your friends then get the opportunity to see if any formations work better than others.[/size']