Sign in to follow this  
Deckers

New player positions!

Re: New player positions!

Do players have the same effect for anywhere they can play with a green dot? For example, will Neymar play just as well on the wings than as a forward as he is an a AM (RL), F(RLC)?

On my tactics screen, Miralem Sulejmani doesnt fit on the pitch anymore, as he can play on both wings and any forward position. It's a pointless change as everyone will still use the terms CB, LB, Wing, Fwd.

What peeves me off is that changes like these used to be tested in a test setup however now they just implement them without getting the opinion of the community.

To be honest, anyone who needs to be told that Marco Reus plays as a forward, but also has the capacity to play in a deeper and wider role, is a very stupid person.

Anyone who can't figure out that the click/drag method of player selection still works, well, they're not as interested in "gameplay" as they might protest, simply in doing something simple and feeling good about doing that simple thing.

Any complainants need to realize that their whinging is based on an apparent loss of convenience.

Are SM staff so bored that they have nothing better to do than tinker with things that don't need to be changed?t

It has already been made perfectly clear that this was done to, not as you say "fix" anything, rather provide further options for reality in player positioning.

Don't really see why they couldn't just keep the old positions but add a third or fourth one when necessary ie Reus could have been fwd,wing,am. It looked better and described the positions in proper football terms. Its like who ever describes Ashley Cole as a left sided defender? He's a left back!

And a winger is very different from an AM who can play on the right or left ie gotze is an AM who can do this, but is a totally different player to say di maria who is more an out an out winger. However on SM they are now exactly the same, whereas before I think they were differentiated better.

The new positions are ridiculous. The positions were fine as they were. Simple and to the point, as football is. I dunno why they complicated it, I support those who've said here that SM could simply have added the option of enabling users to use either the old system or the new one. Maybe in positions such as a left-sided CB or a right-sided CB, changes were needed. But I fail to see the need for such a comprehensive, confusing overhaul.

Riferimento: New player positions!

New player positions are very bad.

Now it is not possible to distinguish AM from Fwd especially when they are Wing/Fwd or Fwd/Wing.. in this case, the largest number of forward disappear. A club's squad has so many midfielders and few attackers. Ronaldo for example has the same role of Benzema but we all know that their 1st and 2nd position are very different.

There is a nonsense in new roles's name: player has no more his tactic importance and 1st role and 2nd role are not clear.

I don't agree this changement! It is unacceptable and undemocratic too!!! New p.p. says this: Soccer Wiki is useless and SM decides bad developments! I don't like this! You are going to lose a lot of managers.

Very bad!

Very bad!

Very bad!

Old positions come back...

Old positions come back...

Do players have the same effect for anywhere they can play with a green dot? For example' date=' will Neymar play just as well on the wings than as a forward as he is an a AM (RL), F(RLC)?[/quote']

I'm wondering that too. I think they do..I've played neymar on the.wing and he does score. But it was always a nice feeling knowing the player is in the primary position. E.g neymar fwd and Oscar an am. Now it's just so muddled you just hope the dot goes green!

I'm wondering that too. I think they do..I've played neymar on the.wing and he does score. But it was always a nice feeling knowing the player is in the primary position. E.g neymar fwd and Oscar an am. Now it's just so muddled you just hope the dot goes green!

It was like that before......

Lets talk about Lewandowski (CF/AM 90).

Id prefer to play him in his natural position, but the match engine recognizes that he is a 90 rated player in either position. It doesnt matter if a player position has changed like Neymars from F/W to whatever it is now, if it goes green, just like before they are fine to play there. Whether you chose to or not comes down to personal preference.

genuinely cannot understand the big fuss over this,

It was like that before......

Lets talk about Lewandowski (CF/AM 90).

Id prefer to play him in his natural position' date=' but the match engine recognizes that he is a 90 rated player in either position. It doesnt matter if a player position has changed like Neymars from F/W to whatever it is now, if it goes green, just like before they are fine to play there. Whether you chose to or not comes down to personal preference.

genuinely cannot understand the big fuss over this,[/quote']

Thank you for clarifying on the matter in hand. I did think it was like that but thank you.

I wasn't like that before...you kinda knew (if you didn't know the player) where to put him. Eg lewand cf or am. Now you have to solve the riddle!

Thank you for clarifying on the matter in hand. I did think it was like that but thank you.

I wasn't like that before...you kinda knew (if you didn't know the player) where to put him. Eg lewand cf or am. Now you have to solve the riddle!

Its just because we were used to the previous system, soon enough we will understand where each position can play :)

Im seriously doubting SM did this just for the sake of it ( although it does reflect positions more accurately ) , im hoping a few tweeks to the match engine or new formations could come out of this change !

Its just because we were used to the previous system' date=' soon enough we will understand where each position can play :)

Im seriously doubting SM did this just for the sake of it ( although it does reflect positions more accurately ) , im hoping a few tweeks to the match engine or new formations could come out of this change ![/quote']

Yeah thats proberly true to be honest. It will just take time...I hope! Mmm I agree a few more tweaks are indeed needed!

I've been using SM for 5 years. This is BY FAR the worst update. It's over-complicated and totally unnecessary. All who know football (and I'm sure most of us do) would have been very comfortable with the previous positions.

This is enough for me to pack it all in.:mad:

I'm a gold manager and the new position listings are awful' date=' confusing and unnecessary! Change it back.[/quote']

Getting more and more like FM. Perhaps "500 SM Credits to swith to old positions views" in future? They are making managers, especially new ones to utilize their credits :mad:

What you mean the most realistic and in depth management game ever created. Good god no :mad:

No doubt about that and FM is and always will be the best. As for the position changes, it is quite unnecessary. It's something unique when you are playing SM. In my opinion, the most annoying part is removal of ST position, where I usually pair ST with Fwd and they always bring good!

No doubt about that and FM is and always will be the best. As for the position changes' date=' it is quite unnecessary. It's something unique when you are playing SM. In my opinion, the most annoying part is removal of ST position, where I usually pair ST with Fwd and they always bring good![/quote']

They still do the same job, I appreciate the fact that perhaps SM have made a tiny error in not keeping CF and F as a position. That being said, does anyone conclusively know if playing a CF with another CF or two F's together impact upon the match engine?

Sure personal preference undoubtedly dictates whether or not they play a CF with a F, but at the end of the day the very fact the indicator goes green means they can play there. This has no negative impact upon the game and I genuinely hope the people who threaten to quit over this do.

I cannot fathom what the problem is. A W is now a AMRL.

Whats the issue. :confused: