Juan Mata

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Juan Mata

he was good in real madrid castilla . but he moved to valencia . then almost he didn't play . now always sitting on bench . maybe his skill is frozening . :(

i think its more a case of he has much better players ahead of him at valencia than at castilla. no shame in not starting over a 95 rated player when your only an 85

i think its more a case of he has much better players ahead of him at valencia than at castilla. no shame in not starting over a 95 rated player when your only an 85

Mata is no doubt a star of the future but has always struggled to break into the first team at both Real Madrid (last season) and Valencia (this season).

At some point you'd have thought he has to break through, but when exactly? He had a great season at Real Madrid Castilla last year scoring 10 goals and this combined with a bit of prospect potential caused his rating to soar to 85.

He's come on as a sub in two recent U21's for Spain, which is a good sign. For Valencia he's played 2 games in the league amassing just 91 minutes.

I wouldn't buy him as I think there are other prospects who'll rise higher but have no doubt at some point in the future his career is likely to fly and his rating will probably go to 90+, but how many years off is that is the question?

• 3 months later...

Its taken a while but it does look like Juan Mata is starting to find some for for Valencia.

Has banged in two for Valencia tonight against Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey

Could go up 1 to an 87 the next time the Spanish Ratings come around, but it does look likely he wont hit the 90's for a while to come.

But he still is only 19!