Best Free kick Taker in past Decade

Duncan

Best Free kick Taker in past Decade  

1. 1.

Re: Best Free kick Taker in past Decade

How about Riquelme' date=' CRonaldo or Del Piero.?

However I would go for Juninho..:)

Btw Duncan how come you voted twice? Pirlo and Simao?[/quote']

Where CR7? I know he hasn't been taking free kicks all that brilliantly lately but he definitely needs a mention for his previous years does he not ;)?

EDIT: You can vote twice as I see Duncan has?

Ye you can vote for two if you want, i just think Ronaldo misses way to many to be good free kick taker, his convertion ratio is one of the worst.

Ye ill add Riquelme :D, oh yes i forgot Ronaldinho as well

Edit: is it possible to edit the Poll once ive posted it? ie. how would i add another player?

Ye you can vote for two if you want' date=' i just think Ronaldo misses way to many to be good free kick taker, his convertion ratio is one of the worst.

Edit: is it possible to edit the Poll once ive posted it? ie. how would i add another player?[/quote']

well then how about Sinisa Mihajlovic,..

Not sure how you go about editing a poll tbh.

Yeah Ronaldinho was pretty good.

Ye you can vote for two if you want' date=' i just think Ronaldo misses way to many to be good free kick taker, his convertion ratio is one of the worst.

Edit: is it possible to edit the Poll once ive posted it? ie. how would i add another player?[/quote']

Nah dude, you can't edit it after posting. Btw, how do you vote twice :o? I'm not getting it...

Nah dude' date=' you can't edit it after posting. Btw, how do you vote twice :o? I'm not getting it...[/quote']

if you've already voted then you cant, you were supposed to click on who ever you wanted to then submit.

well then how about Sinisa Mihajlovic' date='..

Not sure how you go about editing a poll tbh.

Yeah Ronaldinho was pretty good.[/quote']

ahhh noo, oh well :)

TBH im ashamed to say ive never heard of him, a bit before my time. But his youtube vids look amazing :eek::eek::eek:

someone else worthy of a mention, not sure if its before your time Duncan (with me obviously not knowing how old you are) is Matt le tissier

Edit: sorry just realise due to my ignorance it is last decade...... I'm bad, still worth checking him out on you tube Duncan his free kicks were quality.

someone else worthy of a mention' date=' not sure if its before your time Duncan (with me obviously not knowing how old you are) is Matt le tissier

Edit: sorry just realise due to my ignorance it is last decade...... I'm bad, still worth checking him out on you tube Duncan his free kicks were quality.[/color']

Oye, he's the guy from Southampton seen him a few times, but ye a bit before my time :)

Messi..you must be joking.He scored 2-3 from Free kicks but that doesnt make him a good free kick taker lol.

Beckham for me anyway.

I do agree, but his accuracy makes him one of the best, he can put it in the corner when ever he wants.

Scorin 3 from 3 does make him a good free kick taker IMO

SIMAO wins it for me :D:D:D

Beckham is the easy winner here for me and it pains me to say as he is a Manc...

Nobody else on the list comes close to him in both the number of goals scored from direct free-kicks and as importantly delivery from wide positions for set-pieces has been immense.

he could literally drop it on a sixpence with pace, whip and was much more consistent than the others mentioned.

Some of the others mentioned have scored great free-kicks but none of them have been as consistent as Beckham has in quality from both direct and indirect free-kicks.

Beckham is the easy winner here for me and it pains me to say as he is a Manc...

Nobody else on the list comes close to him in both the number of goals scored from direct free-kicks and as importantly delivery from wide positions for set-pieces has been immense.

he could literally drop it on a sixpence with pace' date=' whip and was much more consistent than the others mentioned.

Some of the others mentioned have scored great free-kicks but none of them have been as consistent as Beckham has in quality from both direct and indirect free-kicks.[/quote']

I agree in some aspects, but i think it is closer than one thinks.

I think the likes of Pirlo (in his day), Simao (Close range IMO the best), Juninho (long range) could easily be better than Beckham.

The thing with Beckham he was in the media a lot for not only his sport, he played for the best clubs all his life and he had a long spanning career so many people automatically recon he is the best free kick taker.

I agree in some aspects' date=' but i think it is closer than one thinks.

I think the likes of Pirlo (in his day), Simao (Close range IMO the best), Juninho (long range) could easily be better than Beckham.

The thing with Beckham he was in the media a lot for not only his sport, he played for the best clubs all his life and he had a long spanning career so many people automatically recon he is the best free kick taker.[/quote']

I think suggesting because Beckham played for some of the worlds biggest clubs and was constantly in the media is the reason people vote for him is very naive, and extremely unfounded.

I have had the pleasure of growing up and watching Beckham and he is far superior the the vast majority on that list, I put Juninho and Riquelme down as they scored some of my favourite free kicks but in terms of accuracy (in both shooting and delivery) and the amount of goals / assists he got from free kicks he cant be touched.

It was one of his weapons, and one of the reasons he played for the best clubs in the world.

I think suggesting because Beckham played for some of the worlds biggest clubs and was constantly in the media is the reason people vote for him is very naive' date=' and extremely unfounded.[/b']

I have had the pleasure of growing up and watching Beckham and he is far superior the the vast majority on that list, I put Juninho and Riquelme down as they scored some of my favourite free kicks but in terms of accuracy (in both shooting and delivery) and the amount of goals / assists he got from free kicks he cant be touched.

It was one of his weapons, and one of the reasons he played for the best clubs in the world.

Ye that was a bold statement, but im sure you know what i mean, my wording wasn't the greatest :D:D

Those reason's caused many people to over look the other great free kick takers I think, but ye i do agree Becks is probably top 3 if not the best.

The other two for me would be Juninho and Simao.

I'd take Simao because his accuracy was and still is TOP NOTCH, if there is a free kick on the edge of the box its just a certain goal, everytime he putts it in the top Left for Barcelona, Benfica, Athletico, Besiktas and Portugal. IMO he is the most underrated free kick taker, and then he has amazing skills as well :eek::eek::eek:

The only problem Simao had was he never made a move to the top leagues for big clubs, there was talk of him going to Liverpool or Chelsea, but it never happend. And by the time he moved to Madrid he had past his peak, which truly was a shame.