does squad value..affect player bids?

lollies1975

Re: does squad value..affect player bids?

my squad value is 350 mill..lets say anothers is 260mill...if we put our max bid in for 1 player..will it be to the person who has more squad value that loses the bid????

I am subjected to correction as I have not dabbled on the economics side of the game too much :o

If we assume that your players have an average higher value lets say 21 players at 10 mill each then your chairman would allow a lower bid (I think). If your squad however is made up 100 players of 2.1 mill average value (same squad value) however the Chairman will allow a greater bid especially if it's a first teamer.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: does squad value..affect player bids?

I am subjected to correction as I have not dabbled on the economics side of the game too much :o

If we assume that your players have an average higher value lets say 21 players at 10 mill each then your chairman would allow a lower bid (I think). If your squad however is made up 100 players of 2.1 mill average value (same squad value) however the Chairman will allow a greater bid especially if it's a first teamer.

I believe what arampage said is true...if your squad's average rating is much below the player you are bidding on, then you will have a greater chance to outbid someone who has a higher average squad rating.

Also, this is evident if you try a specific position; i.e. if you have 2 90 rated RB's and want to bid for a 91, your chairman will limit the funds available. However, if you have 1 RB at 90 and want to bid on a 91 RB, your limit will be greater (of course the limit will be much less if the rating of the player you are bidding on is lower than your current players in that position).

The above is not tested but this is what I feel I have experienced throughout the clubs that I manage. If you have the time and willing to make the effort, you can easily try it out using a dummy club :)

Archived