Limit The Number of Players

lpool18

Re: Limit The Number of Players

I would like to suggest SM limiting the number of players any one team can have in their 1st team squad or even the overall squad. There's a team in the league I'm in which has 78 players in their squad!! This is ridiculous!!

I'm not sure anyone else thinks about this??

I agree.

I have a small squad with about 20 in the first team and 16 youth players.

I can't afford to lose any of my star players.

When I try to buy players from a team with a huge squad they want my best players in return for players they never use.

I've been tracking a certain player for the best part of 2 years. He's not used by his club, but to get him I have to give rooney or hazard.

Limit the number of first team players so that unused players become more available and not hogged by teams with the most money who buy anyone and everyone.

I have 140 players with barcelona in the gold championship lol. it has to be done to compete/trade.

This is exactly why the game has become boring. ;)

Maybe the best way to deal with this problem is to let unused players devalue. which is what they would do with real clubs !

I would like to suggest SM limiting the number of players any one team can have in their 1st team squad or even the overall squad. There's a team in the league I'm in which has 78 players in their squad!! This is ridiculous!!

Lol i have over 80 out on loan!

They do have squad limits just not very small ones.

I have 210 players in my squad

If I try to buy a player without part exchange or selling a player first, the deal collapses with a message saying I have too many player in my squad

I do have a lot but you basically need two first teams to cope with fatigue, injuries and cup games. And the rest are because I am very big on youth... My youth squad is very large but it means I don't really have to go hunting for first team players as they will come naturally through the ranks.I loan out my higher rated youth players so I can just pull them back when they are first team material. I have worked hard building my squad, scouting the right player and doing the right trades to get it what it is today. So if there was to be a squad limit as such I would quit in a heart beat .

Also for those interested my wages don't eat me alive, they are reasonably stable for my squad size.

Achievements : 4 times Division 1 winner, 3 times Division 1 runner up, 1 time English shield winner, Twice English shield runner up, 2 times charity shield winner, 2 times charity shield runner up.... All with the same club

if sm was to ever limit the number of players which i think would be a bad idea anyway' date=' they would have to do it on new gameworlds . it would be unfair on the managers who spent years building up that team only for a new manager to whine and get the rules changed.[/quote']

I hear what you're saying mate but if the game is to be more realistic then maybe SM should consider doing what the EPL do and tell managers they must select a 25 man 1st team squad for that season, with the option of changing the squad half way through the season. Maybe that would be the way to go.

What I'm trying to say is that when you have say Cesc Fabregas who has hardly played double figures of games over the last couple of seasons, in real life, there's no way he going to sign a new contract and he'd simply force a move. But in SM, it's just a matter of renewing the contract...a bit silly really isn't it??

Lol i have over 80 out on loan!

SM's new rule 'unmanaged clubs can loan players for a managed team' for years there has been forumers crying out for reduction in squad sizes and SM decide to go and allow unmanaged teams to loan players,thus only adding to the amount of players one team can buy as they do not have the extra burden of the wages for the bulging squad.

they added concerns big woop SM get a grip and stop trying to be like FM.

And whilst I am here this position change stuff is another FM style addition to attract the youngsters.

SM you had something pretty unique and you are slowly strangling it to death,yes your killing the game for the cash cow ,what a waste.

SM's new rule 'unmanaged clubs can loan players for a managed team' for years there has been forumers crying out for reduction in squad sizes and SM decide to go and allow unmanaged teams to loan players' date='thus only adding to the amount of players one team can buy as they do not have the extra burden of the wages for the bulging squad.

they added concerns big woop SM get a grip and [b']stop trying to be like FM[/b].

And whilst I am here this position change stuff is another FM style addition to attract the youngsters.

SM you had something pretty unique and you are slowly strangling it to death,yes your killing the game for the cash cow ,what a waste.

Too late...expect a credit based assistant manager, trainer etc next. :(

I have to say that it would really **** me off if the squads were suddenly capped further than they are, because I have one team in particular that I have spent a lot of time developing and therefore have a lot of players. Just so people don't misunderstand, I mean loads of players in my youth team (I have about 23 in my first team rated from 89-94). It would have just been (more of) a waste of time playing SM to be honest.

HOWEVER, saying that, I could see a cap on the first team being a good idea. IE, keep the overall squad cap as it is, but make it so you can only have a max of 25/30 in your first team to stop people hoarding all the best players. This would then award the manager who has built the team, because he has first choice out of players to keep and has to sell the rest (making money!), therefore keeping a GW more equal as the best players are more spread out.

For example, if there was a first team squad cap at 30, and someone had 30 in this squad, but 3 players from their youth team turned 22 years old, then they would be forced to sell at least 3 players from their first team, but at least have choice of the ones they want to keep.

Hope you all understand what I mean and I havent gone on for too long....

I have to say that it would really **** me off if the squads were suddenly capped further than they are' date=' because I have one team in particular that I have spent a lot of time developing and therefore have a lot of players. Just so people don't misunderstand, I mean loads of players in my youth team (I have about 23 in my first team rated from 89-94). It would have just been (more of) a waste of time playing SM to be honest.

HOWEVER, saying that, I could see a cap on the first team being a good idea. IE, keep the overall squad cap as it is, but make it so you can only have a max of 25/30 in your first team to stop people hoarding all the best players. This would then award the manager who has built the team, because he has first choice out of players to keep and has to sell the rest (making money!), therefore keeping a GW more equal as the best players are more spread out.

For example, if there was a first team squad cap at 30, and someone had 30 in this squad, but 3 players from their youth team turned 22 years old, then they would be forced to sell at least 3 players from their first team, but at least have choice of the ones they want to keep.

Hope you all understand what I mean and I havent gone on for too long....[/quote']

Not a bad idea at all. I highly doubt SM would implement such a thing though.

No reason for squad cap, many reasons why it should be kept the way it is aswell, Stop worrying about other peoples teams, There's slightly different ways of playing this game if you have a different way fine but stop moaning at teams with lots of players, that option is open to you aswell, your choice not to have a large squad if you dont want, people here want squad caps of 50 etc it should be increased past 255 tbh.. up to me if i want to buy new players, ive played this game as have others for 6 7 years, limiting a squad cap only results in not being able to do transfers etc the way you've liked for years & logging in everyday to do transfers etc taking this away is nonesical..

reducing squad cap in most gameworlds were there's 30 or less managers would only result in players on the database being at external clubs & not active in the gameworld, pointless.

in real life Alex ferguson doesn't care if man city have 300+ players aged 16 & over at their club, his only interest is what talent they have.. ;)

Squad cap only limits how much & how freely poeple can play the game.. & log in everyday to do so.. dont give me a reason to log in once a week...

While I agree with you 100% that squads should be smaller...there's not a hope in hell that SM will ever reduce them because too many of the more influential members on here are against it.....there's more chance of england winning the world cup. :)

While I agree with you 100% that squads should be smaller...there's not a hope in hell that SM will ever reduce them because too many of the more influential members on here are against it.....there's more chance of england winning the world cup. :)

No, they wont reduce it down considerably because it stops people from doing transfers & building your youth team, doing so would not benefit anyone other than those that for whatever reason want everyone too only have small sqauds (suiting those that don't want to invest in either risers or talents and only there first 22)

You have no reason to limit squad sizes considerably, you shouldn't give a dam how many players anyone has in their team, regardless of wether there good risers bad risers/dropers or good or not so good talents, your only concern should be the team your playing in your next match & your own team

& anyway squad sizes in real life & on SM are similar to real life squds ina club from age 16 upto senior level, How many players have man united got from age 16 upwards? & anyway In SM you can buy players just for profit & then sell on, so if it's about realism in all aspects then start with that.

Perhaps for future gameworlds SM might consider droping the max, i wouldn't rule that out but they won't be dropping it by much (no point to drop it), in customs and standards it's better if a player on the database is on a manged team rather than at an external club.

I'd be happy with a capped First team at say 25, and then Youth team capped at 50. 75 players per club is more than enough for anyone, even those who wish to constantly recycle risers to build profit.

There's a massive difference between buying youth to sell and make a profit, to hogging players to the point where they'll never get a game, just so someone else can't have them.

This change won't happen with any pre existing GW's, it would be unfair to all the people who've spent hours on their teams, but I would like to see it added as an option for future GW's.

This has to be sorted out' date=' makes the game boring.

Player hogg zzzZzZZzzzZzzzz :rolleyes:[/quote']

Even when you use your 255 spaces on the sqaud it still leaves 1,000s of other top players and propects for everyone else, so how is it boring?

im in setups were dozans of managers have well over 100 players per squad & rising.. still leaves lots of players available to buy for others, if somebody else has a player u like then it's because he scouted before you, just because some has 255 players in their team doesn't make them a hogger, i don't know how u come to the conclusion, that aside even when i have 255 players on my squad im still selling players everyweek, avg about 20/30 a season..

Even when you use your 255 spaces on the sqaud it still leaves 1' date='000s of other top players and propects for everyone else, so how is it boring?

im in setups were dozans of managers have well over 100 players per squad & rising.. still leaves lots of players available to buy for others, if somebody else has a player u like then it's because he scouted before you, just because some has 255 players in their team doesn't make them a hogger, i don't know how u come to the conclusion, that aside even when i have 255 players on my squad im still selling players everyweek, avg about 20/30 a season..[/quote']

It makes them a hogger because they are hogging the player. It's as simple as it sounds really. I understand they want to keep the best youth, but not every single youth player they keep.

1000's of other top players? The odds of becoming a decent footballer is rare, all the people that want to make it, that don't. Compare that to how many are a real gem. There aren't 1000's of top quality prospects in football, who are currently on SM.

There aren't 1000's of other quality, decent youngsters. You completely missed the point. Small teams in SM thrive on buying youngsters, and yeah, I can expect competition from everyone else in the gameworld. The point i'm getting at, is that the big clubs within the gameworld are able to purchase anyone they want, can buy as many of the decent youngsters as they want. It's unfair that they can then send out like 150+ players on loan, saving a hell load of money, whereas small clubs struggle. I have a Bristol Rovers, end of season 10 and I still have a 13,000 capacity stadium. Only been upgraded 2000. This means I am unable to hog unlike these big teams, and it wasn't that bad until they made unmanaged clubs able to take every single player on the loan list. I have to sell players, and many managers on SM experience this problem.

How's it boring? Basically as I said above. None of the top teams sell anyone. They just send them out on loan to save wages and wait till the players rise to their maximum potential. And how does this lead on? Now teams can just buy as many players as they want, and loan them out they are therefore saving money. If a decent player does come up on the market they are earning from the useless loan system recently put in place.

There should be a limit. As someone else said, I would be happy with a limit of 50 in the first team and a second team of 75.

I know that was more of a rant about the loan system, but it still answered your question.

It makes them a hogger because they are hogging the player. It's as simple as it sounds really. I understand they want to keep the best youth' date=' but not every single youth player they keep.

1000's of other top players? The odds of becoming a decent footballer is rare, all the people that want to make it, that don't. Compare that to how many are a real gem. There aren't 1000's of top quality prospects in football, who are currently on SM.

There aren't 1000's of other quality, decent youngsters. You completely missed the point. Small teams in SM thrive on buying youngsters, and yeah, I can expect competition from everyone else in the gameworld. The point i'm getting at, is that the big clubs within the gameworld are able to purchase anyone they want, can buy as many of the decent youngsters as they want. It's unfair that they can then send out like 150+ players on loan, saving a hell load of money, whereas small clubs struggle. I have a Bristol Rovers, end of season 10 and I still have a 13,000 capacity stadium. Only been upgraded 2000. This means I am unable to hog unlike these big teams, and it wasn't that bad until they made unmanaged clubs able to take every single player on the loan list. I have to sell players, and many managers on SM experience this problem.

How's it boring? Basically as I said above. None of the top teams sell anyone. They just send them out on loan to save wages and wait till the players rise to their maximum potential. And how does this lead on? Now teams can just buy as many players as they want, and loan them out they are therefore saving money. If a decent player does come up on the market they are earning from the useless loan system recently put in place.

There should be a limit. As someone else said, I would be happy with a limit of 50 in the first team and a second team of 75.

I know that was more of a rant about the loan system, but it still answered your question.[/quote']

Na there's 1000s of top prospects on the game & more added week, i disagree with you there..

i have a 4000 stadium in gold champ and lost champs league final recently, i wish i had your 13,000 if your struggling then mange your team better or buy risers, btw i dont buy risers on that team :) (& i still have over 100 youths)

one of my barce's have 255 players on the squad, but many other clubs have top talents & unless i sell some of my talents i can't buy anymore, i don't were you get this illusion that some managers buy all the best youths even if they had then surly they have done so ahead of every other manager in their setup, had every other manager wanted to invest in this way then this would not have happened (like in gc1) & anyway how many youths do man united or srsenal have on their roosters in real life? 50 60? unlikly id say it's alot more & if some1 does have ALL THE BEST talents good on them for being a good "scout" & beating the whole setup to these players..

Na there's 1000s of top prospects on the game & more added week' date=' i disagree with you there..

i have a 4000 stadium in gold champ and lost champs league final recently, i wish i had your 13,000 if your struggling then mange your team better or buy risers, btw i dont buy risers on that team :) (& i still have over 100 youths)

one of my barce's have 255 players on the squad, but many other clubs have top talents & unless i sell some of my talents i can't buy anymore, i don't were you get this illusion that some managers buy all the best youths even if they had then surly they have done so ahead of every other manager in their setup, had every other manager wanted to invest in this way then this would not have happened (like in gc1) & anyway how many youths do man united or srsenal have on their roosters in real life? 50 60? unlikly id say it's alot more & if some1 does have ALL THE BEST talents good on them for being a good "scout" & beating the whole setup to these players..[/quote']

They're not top prospects though. And that, is your choice. The reason I choose to sell players instead of hogging onto them is because I can't afford to keep them.

I think you're just buying anyone under the age of 21. You're still missing the point completely, though. It's not about them being a good scout, it's just as simple as browsing a few websites or coming on to these forums. If they scount, they do it all themselves, they watch the player. Most people just come onto the forums and copy and paste the names in.

The point I've been trying to get across, which you've totally ignored is that if players have big squads, like yourself with 255 players, you shouldn't be able to loan out 200 of them. You're saving money, whilst hogging onto players which you might have to otherwise offload if you weren't saving £2M a week in wages or whatever.

I'm not bothered about hogging top talents, I have a few in my team with Oscar, El Shaarawy, the ox etc. I'm not going to sell them, because they are top talents. In a competivie game world, these are vital. You make money buy buying money makers, but the problem in some game worlds is that some managers have the money to buy every single player younger than 21 and just send them out on loan, costing them nothing except the transfer fee, and keep them and hope that they reach 90, even if their potential is like 85.

"i don't were you get this illusion that some managers buy all the best youths even if they had then surly they have done so ahead of every other manager in their setup"

As explained above, with the new loan system they don't sell players to get their money to buy new players, if they get them before anyone else shows a interest? Fair play. But there is competition in my gameworld, everyone wants the young stars of the future, and teams can't physically compete with the big teams who have sent 90% of their team out on loan, who can then afford to outbid everyone else interested, send the player out on loan and save money yet again.

Squad cap is a seperate issue to what you mention, many recent additions to SM of late have been puzzling, SM is like 3 puzzles in one box (& i was one of those kids that wasn't too good at anything lol).. at least it's keeping us all interested altough many inc myself at times has disinterested us.

From the way i look at it, & being someone who knows the game pretty well ( & enjoys it thus spending time* on his teams doing what he thinks is best) if you restrict the game in some areas or all areas it only benifits a small percentage of managers, managers like myself & not the majority of people who sign up to play the game, as a full-time SM'r :eek::P Im sure if the game was to go more & more & more realistic over gameplay/easier gameplay then id be further ahead of someone who's just signed up & is trying to grasp the game let alone compensate for the nearly decade longer ive been playing the game.. & then id be much more likly to enjoy it that way but the other few hundred thousand wouldn't.

The loaning out bojangles right now does confuse me somewhat, SM proberly are a few steps ahead & are keeping it quiet so as to simply not give an advantage/head start, changing the way we set-out to play the game before said features are introduced/altered. If their not 3 steps ahead :rolleyes: never..

They do have squad limits just not very small ones.

I have 210 players in my squad

If I try to buy a player without part exchange or selling a player first' date=' the deal collapses with a message saying I have too many player in my squad

I do have a lot but you basically need two first teams to cope with fatigue, injuries and cup games. And the rest are because I am very big on youth... My youth squad is very large but it means I don't really have to go hunting for first team players as they will come naturally through the ranks.I loan out my higher rated youth players so I can just pull them back when they are first team material. I have worked hard building my squad, scouting the right player and doing the right trades to get it what it is today. So if there was to be a squad limit as such I would quit in a heart beat .

Also for those interested my wages don't eat me alive, they are reasonably stable for my squad size.

Achievements : 4 times Division 1 winner, 3 times Division 1 runner up, 1 time English shield winner, Twice English shield runner up, 2 times charity shield winner, 2 times charity shield runner up.... All with the same club[/quote']

Not really, I have 14 players in 1st team and 10 players in youth team that make up my squad and i rotate them really well, without concerns or fatigue. If you only know how to manage your team properly, someone like you would not need 210 players, let alone two 1st team squads.

As for wages, I probably make alot more over a season by a limited squad then you do by waiting for risers to increase in value.

Achievements: 1 cup, 2 shield, 3 time division winners, 2 time runner-up, 3 charity shields, 2 time charity shield runner up....All with my Chelsea, and am in my 5th or 6th season as manager now.

I am currently trying to see how many players it is possible to loan out,I am a small club(Hayes) I have about 100 players its in the GBL Custom, I have 67 loaned out which means I am paying them no wages,great for my little club but Realism?

Having a laugh more like.

Surely if not a squad cap there must be a limit to how many players you can send out on loan,I am all for building up squads and having decent sized youth teams but the recent changes from SM are becoming a laughing stock.

Must not upset the masses and keep milking that cash-cow!