Sign in to follow this  
Sony_SoFar

Total LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!

I'm so bloody close to quiting SM after so many razy results recently!

Had another one tonight!!!

Playing vs a team with an 84 avg rating (including a 72 and 75) playing a 4-4-2 flat.

I was playing 3-5-2 with 94 avg rating. Including Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Casillias, Busquets!

Drew 3-3. They had 3 shots on target I had 10.

They had 32% posession I had 68%

They had 7 shots in total I had 27!

I scored 4 mins, they scored 5th min.

I scored 70th min, they scored 72nd min!

Game is a joke!

Re: Total LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!

Playing vs a team with an 84 avg rating (including a 72 and 75) playing a 4-4-2 flat.

I was playing 3-5-2 with 94 avg rating. Including Messi' date=' Ronaldo, Fabregas, Casillias, Busquets!

Game is a joke![/quote']

Celtic 2 Barcelona 1 \o/

Possession 16%/84%

Corners 2/7

Goal Attempts 5/25

On Target 3/8

Nuff said

I was playing 3-5-2 with 94 avg rating. Including Messi' date=' Ronaldo, Fabregas, Casillias, Busquets!

Game is a joke![/quote']

Almost the same situation here mate. I've played against 88 rtd team mine is 94, I used 433w against 442 flat.

Mine posession 56% they had 44%.

I have 15 shots on target they had 3.

Final result 2-2.

This is begining of the season so I'm especially mad ATM:mad:

Celtic 2 Barcelona 1 \o/

Possession 16%/84%

Corners 2/7

Goal Attempts 5/25

On Target 3/8

Nuff said

Yes but games like this (Celtic - Barca) happens once in few seasons, in SM you have that kind of games almost every week.

Change your tactics then......

If you have a team with Ronaldo Messi etc in you are probably not in a competitive GW anyway so any sort of victory you gain beating 84 rated sides is a bit hollow.

Perhaps joining more competitive GW's would increase your enjoyment that way when you lose you can put it down to a good team beating your good team and not just incompetence ;)

Change your tactics then......

If you have a team with Ronaldo Messi etc in you are probably not in a competitive GW anyway so any sort of victory you gain beating 84 rated sides is a bit hollow.

Perhaps joining more competitive GW's would increase your enjoyment that way when you lose you can put it down to a good team beating your good team and not just incompetence ;)

It is a competitive GW. I just wanted to get a brill 1st team, rather than work on a good 20ish 91rated players!

It is a competitive GW. I just wanted to get a brill 1st team' date=' rather than work on a good 20ish 91rated players![/quote']

If you have Ronaldo, Messi etc and you're playing a team with an average rating of 84 then it's not competitive.

Regardless a simple change in formation according to the side you are playing should suffice.

Tactics in SM aren't too hard to master.

If you have Ronaldo' date=' Messi etc and you're playing a team with an average rating of 84 then it's not competitive.

Regardless a simple change in formation according to the side you are playing should suffice.

Tactics in SM aren't too hard to master.[/quote']

Ben is quite right. If you read through the SM help pages it clearly tells you that the match engine is based on aspects other than just team strength so filling your team with the highest rated players you can buy doesn't guarantee success.

FYI I regularly use a flat 4-4-2 to counter 3-5-2 with a great deal of success so I would try experimenting with your tactics for a bit before quitting.

I don't know the "match engine" is HORNY of what ..

Some strange results are happening to all my clubs ...

I've been in this game for almost 3 years now , recently the results really makes me LAUGH my A$$ out ........

I've been playing the game for little over a year now and I never managed to put together a long string of good results, no matter what tactics I tried. At first I thought I didn't pay enough attention to it, but after trying out all sorts of different formations and advice from the forums, the situation is exactly the same. Winning 3-0 away, losing 1-4 at home, etc. If I manage not to lose for 5 matches that's a big achievement, even if it happens against lower rated teams, barely scraping with 2-2 draws in home games and such. Playing against AI teams is basically a lottery. For example, I've read around here that 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 should work against a 4-3-3 formation. Well, just recently I lost 2 matches against equally rated 4-3-3 teams (0-2 using 4-5-1 and 0-3 using 3-5-2, fit players, short passing and everything) so there you have it.

Oddly enough, I'm doing much better in the European Cups where the AI takes over (I'm not Gold Manager any more) and I'm walking the groups and knock-out stages beating everybody. For example, in my first season with Napoli I made it all the way to the final, which I lost, but until there it was like a walk in the park. In the next season I bought GM and barely made it out of the groups (all lower rated teams) and then got knock-out quickly after that, so things started to look alot like the league matches I usually struggle with.

I recently started the 3rd season with Napoli and so far things seem to be going in the same direction (won 4-0 away at Milan, then lost 1-2 at home against Juventus).

And not to mention that I'd rather have a free-kick than a penalty. I've got guys like Lampard, Cavani or Lavezzi miss spot kicks all the time, but give them a free-kick around the area and about 2 times out of 3 they manage to score, which wouldn't be so bad if a minute or two later so do the opponents.

No doubt that it can be fun to grab one of your favourite players and then see his rating go up or get a good result over a rival, but overall the game is becoming more frustrating than fun and I'm starting to lose my patience, especially since my best league finish so far is an amazing 4th place that happened in my first season with lower rated players and not so much attention to tactics (used an attacking 4-3-3 for most of the season). If anything, since starting to adjust tactics based on opponents all I got were at most the same fluctuating results as with any default tactic, which leads me to think that there's alot of randomness and "catch-up logic" in the match engine.

If you overuse a formation it becomes redundant so if you've played 352 quite a lot then eventually you will stop having any success with it regardless of stats. I used it for a full season with a Madrid team, won nearly everything but next season I could have 65% possession most weeks and I'd lose, it's just another aspect of the game you have to consider. I then changed tactics to 4231 and th same process happened again. I'm now in my 4th season with Madrid and 352 still doesn't work (as doesn't 442 and 4231 now as I've used them to death).

Have a play around with tactics you haven't used before: 4231, 433W?

If you overuse a formation it becomes redundant so if you've played 352 quite a lot then eventually you will stop having any success with it regardless of stats. I used it for a full season with a Madrid team' date=' won nearly everything but next season I could have 65% possession most weeks and I'd lose, it's just another aspect of the game you have to consider. I then changed tactics to 4231 and th same process happened again. I'm now in my 4th season with Madrid and 352 still doesn't work (as doesn't 442 and 4231 now as I've used them to death).

Have a play around with tactics you haven't used before: 4231, 433W?[/quote']

same things happened to me. in my first season, I successfully used 4-4-1-1. but in this season, it's not working anymore :confused:

you were just unlucky. same things happen to me. after all' date=' this is just a game.[/quote']

yes a life or death game , this is football mate.

it hurts to loose especially when the stats tell you , you should of won ,

ive have found most teams that stock up on the best players rarely win the leagues maybe this is built in to engine ?????? .they come close but not quite

but then again you think youve worked out a formula and got the game sussed 3 points clear at top and then you loose 3 unexpected matchs in a row and come 3rd in division aaahhhhhh.

same things happened to me. in my first season' date=' I successfully used 4-4-1-1. but in this season, it's not working anymore :confused:[/quote']

in theory its because teams have worked out your tactics and therefore know how to beat you. It's SMs way of keeping you interested :)

I played 7 matches so far this season, I used subs in 3 matches and in that 3 matces I didn't won (2-2, 2-3, 4-4). Other 4 matches I won with results 2-0, 2-1, 8-0, 1-0. So maybe subs are responible for idiotic results.:confused:

I believe unmanaged teams also know how to work out my tactics :confused:

yeah' date=' thats the 'in theory' part of it. SM argue that in real-life your opoosition will learn how to play against you if you use the same tactics and dont mix it up and that technically unmanaged teams are still 'managed' just by a computer.

I played 7 matches so far this season, I used subs in 3 matches and in that 3 matces I didn't won (2-2, 2-3, 4-4). Other 4 matches I won with results 2-0, 2-1, 8-0, 1-0. So maybe subs are responible for idiotic results.:confused:

It shouldnt be down to the subs if they are of a similar standard and in the same formation. If you look back at those results are the draws/losses when playing against one formation in particular (and the same for when you win)!?

I played 7 matches so far this season' date=' I used subs in 3 matches and in that 3 matces I didn't won (2-2, 2-3, 4-4). Other 4 matches I won with results 2-0, 2-1, 8-0, 1-0. So maybe subs are responible for idiotic results.:confused:[/quote']

IMO it's best to sub only when you're winning and wanna close the game(change all settings to defensive take out striker put in defender etc.)

I played 7 matches so far this season' date=' I used subs in 3 matches and in that 3 matces I didn't won (2-2, 2-3, 4-4). Other 4 matches I won with results 2-0, 2-1, 8-0, 1-0. So maybe subs are responible for idiotic results.:confused:[/quote']

I always use subs. well, only when I'm winning, though. and I'm okay with that :)

IMO it's best to sub only when you're winning and wanna close the game(change all settings to defensive take out striker put in defender etc.)

will it also work against unmanaged teams? :confused:

did SM just have an update? it seems that counter formations here aren't just working anymore :confused: