EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

Ryans Tornado

Re: EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

You have now quit managing Watford

Good point against Sunderland tonight, they were the better team, thankfully Begovic had a great game.

Decided leave at the end of the season, think ive left them in a good position, got them promoted to the Premier League in the first season then in our first season in the PL we have finished 15th + 10 points above the relegation zone.

Some good players at Watford, hopefully the next manager keeps them up, some good players there. :)

Deliberately left them with 21 players so no external teams buy any players on the cheap.

Div 5

HEREFORD SIGN OFF IN STYLE...

Hereford won their final match of the season with a 6-1 away hammering of Mansfield.

For all our efforts we get just over £400k in prize money (we're 7m in debt at the moment - so no quick fix for us)

The season ended with 121 points, 177 goals, 44 matches unbeaten and 27 straight wins. Div 5 is fun when you have a decent squad.

I can see us getting stuffed in div 4 - but it's been an enjoyable run while it lasted.

Hannah Barker has guided Grimsby Town to a Play-Off Final win against Luton Town!! Grimsby Town beat Luton Town 2 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.Livermore scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Langil was also on the scoresheet for his side.

We did it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hannah Barker has guided Grimsby Town to a Play-Off Final win against Luton Town!! Grimsby Town beat Luton Town 2 - 1 in the final to lift the trophy.Livermore scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Langil was also on the scoresheet for his side.

We did it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome. Well done!

Division 3 Playoff Final

Ipswich 1-1 Coventry

In this tense final, Ipswich opened the scoring after 26 mins as Popa headed a Elustondo cross leaving the keeper no chance.

It took to the 77th minute until Moussa took a high ball from Cidinho out the air and dipped his shot past the keeper and into the net, equalising for Coventry.

3 mins later, Cordoba made a late challenge on Berko, giving away a freekick and getting sent off in the process.

It was down to penalties and Ndlovu opened the scoring for Coventry with a Berko miss for Ipswich.

Veretout blasted in the next Coventry penalty and Ipswich missed again through Sahibeddine.

Next it was Coventry's turn to miss from Kelvin with Elustondo pulling a goal back for Ipswich.

In what seemed like a turn of fortune for Ipswich, Cidinho missed for Coventry and Harris leveled it.

But after Moussa placed his penalty in the corner Popa blasted the ball over the bar. Popa had his head in his hands as Coventry City celebrated promotion.

Buying from Unmanaged Clubs

I see a bid has gone in for Chris Smalling at unmanaged Leeds.

It's usually the sign of a Game World in decline and I will view it as such if the transfer bid goes through.

I'm at Hereford - but I'm only thinking of staying on until I lose my current unbeaten run as there is little interest in competing in a GW where the "gentleman's agreement" of allowing unmanaged clubs to keep their strongest players for any incoming manager is not honoured.

A shame, but there you go - I've seen this too many times before and it's not condusive with a GW worth participating in as we could all do it and there would only be a limited number of managers who will ultimately control all the major talent on offer.

To the Man Utd manager (who I think is pretty experienced in such matters) - I think you'll enjoy this GW less when it's confined to a handful of managers due to everyone else leaving.

I am the manager of Manchester United, and I cancelled the Chris Smalling deal. I am a massive Utd fan, and wanted to bring the boys back to OT. I did not know this was a 'Gentleman's' agreement, but will comply from now on.

I also don't want this gameworld to go the way all the others do, to the bin !!!

So come on you Forum Lads , and lets get this gameworld full again !

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nGkafx3-Ks]

Buying from Unmanaged Clubs

I see a bid has gone in for Chris Smalling at unmanaged Leeds.

It's usually the sign of a Game World in decline and I will view it as such if the transfer bid goes through.

I'm at Hereford - but I'm only thinking of staying on until I lose my current unbeaten run as there is little interest in competing in a GW where the "gentleman's agreement" of allowing unmanaged clubs to keep their strongest players for any incoming manager is not honoured.

A shame' date=' but there you go - I've seen this too many times before and it's not condusive with a GW worth participating in as we could all do it and there would only be a limited number of managers who will ultimately control all the major talent on offer.

To the Man Utd manager (who I think is pretty experienced in such matters) - I think you'll enjoy this GW less when it's confined to a handful of managers due to everyone else leaving.[/quote']

No apology to the Man U manager ?

My apologies to the Man Utd manager

It does seem a free for all now - so I also bid for Max Meyer (unmanaged) who has now been signed by Barnsley

I guess then' date=' all players are fair game?[/quote']

The Man U manager withdrew he's bid on Chris Smalling ?

I see you and another Forumer are bidding on Max Meyer but in your words "all players are fair game" It's something I won't be getting involved in.

The Man U manager withdrew he's bid on Chris Smalling ?

I see you and another Forumer are bidding on Max Meyer but in your words "all players are fair game" It's something I won't be getting involved in.

Only put the Meyer bid in on the back of Man Utd and Bradford's prior efforts - my feeling being that it would be nonsense for me to watch a player on my short list move clubs without any sort of response on my part to at least make them pay a bit more than cv.

As you also know, Hannah, it was my raising of the issue that saw the Smalling bid withdrawn - and that is how it should be. I'm not given to buy from unmanaged clubs, but it's already happening in 26335 which makes it an uneven playing field and hardly worth continuing with as the div 1 clubs will pillage/are pillaging all the unmanaged sides.

Btw - if you think I'm exaggerating you might want to look at Ryan Tunnicliffe's transfer history, for example, and compare the dates to the manager tenures at the previous selling club(Oxford).

As match day 1 of season 3 fast approaches, Spurs have finally turned to a bit of experience with the signing of Vidic from AC Milan. The deal sees Kaboul and Salah going the other way.

Historically, my defence has always been the weakest part of the team, however this has now been beefed up a little with the arrival of Vidic.

Also, want to say that for the first time I will not be able to loan anyone out.

Got a lot of time for those enjoying this set-up and particularly those who have stuck it out from day 1.

All the best for the season ahead........unless you're visiting the lane of course.

;)

Long time no posting here, but i always pay attention to Burnley. Shame to see one forumer buy Max Meyer from unmanaged teams. We usually already know in the forum EC it isn't appropriate to buy from unmanaged and this one (hopefully) hasn't died so i think there are no more similar case from now