EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

Ryans Tornado

Re: EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

Grimsby-Town-2014-Calendar-teaser.jpg

The Mariners

We have just lost back to back games for the first time in a long time, getting beat 2-1 at home by Wycombe and hammered 5-0 at Yeovil.

Still sitting in 2nd place, 6 points behind leaders Hereford, who themselves have also slipped up in the last 2 games losing 1 and drawing the other.

Sadly this GW down to 29 and I have decided to call it a day at Hereford

Leaving them after a 5-0 win - no challenges remaining, but I've had fun posting the following stats

Most League Games Won in Row38 - 17 Jul 2013 to 16 Nov 2013Current League Games Won in Row1 - 29 Jan 2014 to 29 Jan 2014Most League Games Unbeaten in Row55 - 22 May 2013 to 16 Nov 2013Current League Games Unbeaten in Row2 - 25 Jan 2014 to 29 Jan 2014

Grimsby 2-0 Crawley

Goals from Gael Kakuta and Gary Kagelmacher get us back to winning ways. League leaders Hereford also picked up a win but 3rd place Bristol Rovers were beaten 2-0 at home by Exeter.

Our next game is a trip to Kent, to play 5th place Gillingham.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Division 4 Champions

We did it :D Richard quitting Hereford may have helped a little, but we would have caught them anyway:p

Very happy to see Claret N Blue take Newport out of division 5 after going so close the first 2 seasons. Also good luck to Mateusz with Luton in the play-offs.

Congratulations to all league winners and teams winning promotion and good luck to team involved in the play-offs.

EC26335 My Favorite GW

Congratulations and thanks Hannah :) Too bad this gw is dying... but i dont have any idea how to attract other forumers to play there when Manchester and Liverpool were free for few long days :( I'm thinking about resign also, it was a good setup few months ago:rolleyes:

Congratulations and thanks Hannah :) Too bad this gw is dying... but i dont have any idea how to attract other forumers to play there when Manchester and Liverpool were free for few long days :( I'm thinking about resign also' date=' it was a good setup few months ago:rolleyes:[/quote']

Dying ??? It's got the same loyal managers its always had.

Attract other forumers ??? Sometimes thats what kills GW (buying & selling from umanaged, moaning about other managers transfers)

Last thing we need is to turn this into another EC7046.

Just confirming that i will stay active in this gameworld, regardless of gaining promotion in the div3 playoff finals. I still enjoy this gw, but i agree that attracting a couple loyal new managers would benefit us.

CHELSEA : THE BIG DISAPOINTEMENT

chelsea_sad0913.jpg

1 Pas de changement Manchester United © 38 48 81

2 Pas de changement CHELSEA 38 37 81

After a tight struggle , it's MAN UNUTED who win the title ... we are really disapointed of that , we worked very hard , but it's only a difference of goal scoring that permit United to win the title ...

We know this lesson today in English premier League , it's not enough anymore to win .. but to win in scoring many goals ... we will reinforce our attack by keeping Lukaku who was probably in the way of transfert and if possible , to buy a world class striker ...

Season 4 kicks off tonight. Good luck everyone.

No new players in at Blundell Park just yet, will see how we adjusted to life in league 3 before making any changes to the squad.

Had not won a pre-season game until last night then this happened,

Grimsby Town beat Liverpool 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.

Bastón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Johnson and Tkachev were also amongst the goalscorers.

Started the season off with a 2-1 defeat by Ipswich but bounced back winning our next two, 2-0 against Swindon and 4-2 at Charlton.

Got offered the Man City job the other day, I've been thinking it over and yea would be nice to manage players like Ronaldo, Iniesta and many more top players but I enjoy Grimsby too much so have just rejected it.

We just had two hard away games.

Losing the first 3-1 at a very strong Swansea side,

then pulling off a shock 3-2 win at Derby.

Decided we needed to make a few changes to stand any chance of going up, so out went

Jack Grimmer, Charlie Taylor, Juan Careaga, Bradley Johnson, Oumar Niasse and Grimsby legend Steeven Langil.

So far two have come in

Idrissa Gueye and Davy Klaassen.steven_langil.jpg

Steeven Langil

Played 87 and scoring 67

Two goals from Borja Baston gives us a 2-0 win over Barnsley, the win moves us up to 7th place.

Also got a win in round 1 of the cup , beating league 2 side Bolton 3-1. Home to QPR in the next round.

Decided we needed to bring in a new goalkeeper and went for Jan Oblak from Benfica.