EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available! West Bromwich Albion have won the English Championship Cup! Very proud of my team. Top of the league with 10 point lead and one trophy already i

Re: EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available!

Re: EC 26335 - New Forum EC - Teams Available! Oxford United have recorded their biggest ever home league win by beating Accrington Stanley 10 - 1.

El Papu Fulfills Potential

Deuce Lark steered Hull City to victory against Peterborough United.

Hull City outclassed Peterborough United and thrashed them 8 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Gómez was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Hutchinson and Zanetti were also amongst the goalscorers

With Hull City in such excellent form recently, it was easy to identify the "weakness" in the team, the 1.64 m Alejandro Gomez. With only 1 assist in the past 10 matches (though it was important), Tigers fans were worried about the right winger/forward's ability to adapt to the physical game of the British league.

With a ruthless performance at Peterborough, "El Papu" silenced the critics.

32' GIGNAC lifts a clever pass over the defence.

GÓMEZ controls the ball with his chest and makes space for the shot

He fires it at goal.

GOAL!! - It zips past the keeper and into the net.

33' GÓMEZ peels off his marker and ELISEU rolls the ball back from the by-line.

GÓMEZ attempts to slide the ball towards goal.

GOAL!! - The keeper gets a touch but can't quite keep it out.

Two goals in two minutes showed the undeniable pace the former Catania man has.

63' ZANETTI takes the ball forward before whipping a ball into the penalty area.

GÓMEZ steals a yard on his marker and glances the header towards the far corner.

GOAL!! - It drifts past the keeper and in.

And a header to cap a perfect night off!

Of course, the victory wouldn't have been possible without the other warriors on the pitch, with captain Zanetti assisting four goals and scoring one. Vice-captain Kehl chipped in with two, Barrada and Hutchinson bookending the rout.

Unfortunately, Lulic got a straight red and will miss 3 games. I believe the upcoming Cup game against Chester City counts as a game so it's cool. Next up, another team that wears orange in Wolves.

Stefan Aigner (on loan to Crewe) 83--> 87 :D

Finally, one German riser, no hurry to get him back though, I've enough depth on the right flank.

EDIT: Aigner has not been performing in recent weeks and is being played out of position, not that I want him back, considering that the likes of Zanetti, Hutchinson, Malbranque and loanee Meyler can fill in on the right flank, not to mention Gomez and Eliseu. So I'll give it another week, if Aigner continues to play poorly then I think he may not be the best fit for Crewe.

Stefan Aigner (on loan to Crewe) 83--> 87 :D

Finally' date=' one German riser, no hurry to get him back though, I've enough depth on the right flank.

EDIT: Aigner has not been performing in recent weeks and is being played out of position, not that I want him back, considering that the likes of Zanetti, Hutchinson, Malbranque and loanee Meyler can fill in on the right flank, not to mention Gomez and Eliseu. So I'll give it another week, if Aigner continues to play poorly then I think he may not be the best fit for Crewe.[/quote']

Aigner was also a RB before the rating change. He played always, but last 2 games not, because he was not in form and i didn't want to get him injured. Now he will back in the team and he will play RAM :D

Two awesome rating changes for us!

Daniel Carvajal 78 ---> 86

Another addition to my line of very good fullbacks, I currently have him (rise by 8 since I bought him ;)), Cavanda (Rise by 7 since I bought him), Willems (rise coming soon), Schmelzer (rise coming tomorrow hopefully) and him:

Lukasz Piszczek 90 ---> 92

Absolutely delighted with the rise, a 92 in defence is very much appreciated! Was expecting a 91 but I'm more than satisfied with 92 :P.

Looking at our 24 man squad currently have 9 people who're risen :)

Stephen Partington (Noisy 2k8 Forum) steered Millwall to victory against Middlesbrough.

Millwall hammered Middlesbrough 6 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.

Gameiro scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Callejón and Leon were also amongst the goalscorers.

Stephen Partington (Noisy 2k8 Forum) steered Millwall to victory against Leicester City.

Millwall beat Leicester City 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.

Ter Stegen had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Gameiro was on the scoresheet for his side.

Havent been on the forum so just updating now... two massive wins for the lions.

We have turned the corner now and are on a brilliant run of form.

442.png

Cambridge United shock Goodison Park

57426_1349875881.jpg

In a cup game which Everton ran out clear favourites, Cambridge United produced one of the shocks of the season by finishing the game 1-1 and winning on penalties.

Much like the Bradford game Cambridge United insisted on playing youth players but proved to be no pushovers and took the game to Everton at every advantage, after the game McColl had this to say;

What a game!! This is unbelievable and shows how hard the lads work. Not for one second did i expect to come here and even keep the score close, but we played our game and got a fantastic result.

Being an Everton fan i am gutted to see another trophy slip by, but for Cambridge this is fantastic. We may not have any chance of winning this tournament but financially it is helping out so much.

tonight's match report

was unable to prevent a West Ham United defeat to Colchester United.West Ham United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Colchester United in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture.

Dybala scored the only goal for West Ham United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

as expected, but not too fussed as now it means my fitness for my first team is good for the league

Roman Carlos steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Manchester City.Tottenham Hotspur beat Manchester City 4 - 1 in a penalty shootout after a 1 - 1 draw in their English Championship Cup Round 2 fixture.Kirchhoff scored the only goal for Tottenham Hotspur and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance

Positive news/results are pretty hard to come by these days at Spurs, so naturally pleased with this result.

Comeeee Onnnnnn Youuuuu SPURSSSSSSSS!

:rolleyes:

Division 1:

Chelsea 2 - 1 Manchester City

Torres (18)

Silva (24)

Sanchez (87)

Friendly:

Alfreton Town 1 - 8 Chelsea

Hazard (22)

Clayton (25)

Sanchez (31, 52, 68)

Busquets (49)

Torres (56 pen, 69)