Dong from Man Utd.

Magic J

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fangzhuo Dong... the new man utd hope?

Ahem is no one using my original thread :( ! i thought he started ok but its his first english game, it will take time for him to integrate. :) cant judge him on that its wasnt as if anyone else was entertaining last night

I've merged your thread on Dong adam and all the others so to speak into one.

I didnt think Dong did too bad last night, he needs time like most of the youngsters

theres only one place to mature into a good player and thats under SAF,

hes a quick little bugger though isnt he :)

I've merged your thread on Dong adam and all the others so to speak into one.

I didnt think Dong did too bad last night' date=' he needs time like most of the youngsters

theres only one place to mature into a good player and thats under SAF,

hes a quick little bugger though isnt he :)[/quote']

say that again, on the highlights did you see that run he made when essien methinks passed him the ball, look very quick and had extremely quick feet could cause problems, will never ever be a starter at united imo, im thinking back up / cup game player

I agree adam, maybe a rotation / cup player.

But who knows, with how he's progressed in the youth academy and at

our feeder club Antwerp, were he scored quite a few goals indeed, you never know :)

I agree adam' date=' maybe a rotation / cup player.

But who knows, with how he's progressed in the youth academy and at

our feeder club Antwerp, were he scored quite a few goals indeed, you never know :)[/quote']

Also agree. But lets put this in perspective Solskjaer, Fletcher, O'Shea and Smith are all Man Utd squad players. Any one of them would surely have no problem walking into the majority of other Premiership teams. If he manages to get hes chances next season I hope he does well. Just making it as a Man Utd squad player will surely make him the best Chinese player ever.

And by the way the correct name is Dong Fangzhuo. Chinese names always have the family name first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dong from Man Utd.

This kid is finally start to show some stuff. He hasn't score in 7 month since he came back to Man Utd but Sir Ferguson still trust him. However he did great in the past to matches and also finally scored a stunning goal. So here's what am thinking..rating 74 is kinda too low for him, if Sir Ferguson keeps him instead of Rossi, that means Dong's got something up in his sleeves thats caught Fergie's eyes. He's got great pace, he can jump, he's got power, a very promising player i think. He's rating as of right now should be as least 80-82, at least!

Re: Dong from Man Utd.

It's funny, many people think that the reason Fergie keeps Dong is because of the asian market reason. I find that very stupid. From all these years I think I know Ferguson as a winning manager, He always want to keep the best players on his squad, not the ones who can make money for the team. Because he sees the big picture, if u win, u always make more money than a single player could.(He got rid of Beckham, didn't he?) Anyway, back to Dong. First of all, Man Utd doesn't need a chinese player on their team to sell jerseys in china! maybe Man City but not Man Utd!! I can guarentee u that Man Utd is one of the top three favored team in china and that's not because Dong is in the team, is the way Reds play that attracts people. Come on people, have some confidence in Man Utd, they only keep the best players in the team, period! And one last thing, i see some of the Divison 3 players rate over 80 and Dong is 74? Make no sense at all

It's funny' date=' many people think that the reason Fergie keeps Dong is because of the asian market reason. I find that very stupid. From all these years I think I know Ferguson as a winning manager, He always want to keep the best players on his squad, not the ones who can make money for the team. Because he sees the big picture, if u win, u always make more money than a single player could.(He got rid of Beckham, didn't he?) Anyway, back to Dong. First of all, Man Utd doesn't need a chinese player on their team to sell jerseys in china! maybe Man City but not Man Utd!! I can guarentee u that Man Utd is one of the top three favored team in china and that's not because Dong is in the team, is the way Reds play that attracts people. Come on people, have some confidence in Man Utd, they only keep the best players in the team, period! And one last thing, i see some of the Divison 3 players rate over 80 and Dong is 74? Make no sense at all[/quote']Makes sense to me to be honest, rating is not based on potential. He has played for Royal Antwerp - Belgian second division, not a good level - and whilst he scored a few for them he hasn't done this on the international stage for China (not a strong footballing nation) for whom he is a bit part player. Made one appearance for Man Utd and was subbed off. Not doubting he is has potential (bought him myself for a few teams) but not worth 80 yet in my mind....

Makes sense to me to be honest, rating is not based on potential. He has played for Royal Antwerp - Belgian second division, not a good level - and whilst he scored a few for them he hasn't done this on the international stage for China (not a strong footballing nation) for whom he is a bit part player. Made one appearance for Man Utd and was subbed off. Not doubting he is has potential (bought him myself for a few teams) but not worth 80 yet in my mind....

yea he sure didn't do well in his debut for Man Utd. But we are talking about a young man's first Primier league match, and it's aganist Chelsea! Not any lower division teams. No one did good during that match, from Man Utd's point of view, they're already the league champ, alot of players weren't trying that hard, Dong never had many oppertunities, not his fault but because of the midfielders couldn't send any balls up. Even after Roony came up things didn't change. On the other hand, Chelsea players were already mad about losing the title, and as they face Man Utd for the last match, with most of the starting players, of course they will try to give Red's youngsters a hard time. It's not fair to judge a player based on his debut. Dong's been doing very well lately, im not talking about the goal he scored or the assist he had, because the opponent weren't strong. Im talking about the way he plays, he's got alot more touches and runs alot more, he's becoming a part of the team and that's where he's full potential will burst out soon. I believe he will do well in the upcoming season and he's rating will have a big raise (like a +10), that'll be funny to see because it shows all these times he's been under-rated.

Makes sense to me to be honest' date=' rating is not based on potential. He has played for Royal Antwerp - Belgian second division, not a good level - and whilst he scored a few for them he hasn't done this on the international stage for China (not a strong footballing nation) for whom he is a bit part player. Made one appearance for Man Utd and was subbed off. Not doubting he is has potential (bought him myself for a few teams) but not worth 80 yet in my mind....[/i']

yea he sure didn't do well in his debut for Man Utd. But we are talking about a young man's first Primier league match, and it's aganist Chelsea! Not any lower division teams. No one did good during that match, from Man Utd's point of view, they're already the league champ, alot of players weren't trying that hard, Dong never had many oppertunities, not his fault but because of the midfielders couldn't send any balls up. Even after Roony came up things didn't change. On the other hand, Chelsea players were already mad about losing the title, and as they face Man Utd for the last match, with most of the starting players, of course they will try to give Red's youngsters a hard time. It's not fair to judge a player based on his debut. Dong's been doing very well lately, im not talking about the goal he scored or the assist he had, because the opponent weren't strong. Im talking about the way he plays, he's got alot more touches and runs alot more, he's becoming a part of the team and that's where he's full potential will burst out soon. I believe he will do well in the upcoming season and he's rating will have a big raise (like a +10), that'll be funny to see because it shows all these times he's been under-rated.

yes he will become a great player no doubt and has great potential and when that time comes his rating will burst into the scene but for now he hasn't really proven himself. I'm just thinking he shouldn't rise yet because potential can't give you a high rating but once he starts playing there's no doubt his rating will be in the 80's.

You have made great posts though and you clearly have an excellent knowledge of football :)

Yes, it's true we needn't to be pushy, i guess we will just wait and see how he does, good thing is that Fergie decided to keep Dong in the First team this upcoming season and even with Tevez in the team I think Dong will have his time to play, since he's the only striker who is physically close to Van Nisterooy, Dong is 185cm I think, he's got that size and pace, if he learn how to use it well than it might be a good pick for Fergie when playing with slower and shorter defenders.

Also, I think Dong needs to learn more from Park Ji-Sung, Asian players often been marked as lack of flare and desire of individual glory. Park (especially back in PSV) will shoot the ball any given chance he had and he's much better in showing his emotions. A great player needs attitude, not violent, but something to intimidate the opponents. Especially as a striker, Dong need to do better at that. I mean, come on, u r a big guy, push people around more, if u don't know how, just ask rooney for tips.