Players Positions Poll

germlad

Players Positions Poll  

1. 1.

• The new format is better- i like the change.
    • The old one was better- i don't like the change.

Re: Riferimento: Players Positions Poll

The old position system was better. It's impossible to recognize first position's player from his second position if he has two...

There are no first or secondary positions. They will play the same regardless if the circle is green.

I think that is partly why they brought this system in. The other benefit is that now some players can play in more than 2 positions.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Players Positions Poll

There are no first or secondary positions. They will play the same regardless if the circle is green.

I think that is partly why they brought this system in. The other benefit is that now some players can play in more than 2 positions.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree these two points:

1. If don't exist 1st and 2nd position, why f.e. Andre Ayew was indicated as Wing/Fwd and Loic Rémy as a Fwd/Wing? Was the previous position name completely useless? If it was so, why SM decided this little difference? SM coud name both Ayew and Rémy as Wing/Fwd or Fwd/Wing if there is not difference between positions...

2. New position name doesn't mean more positions for a player. They are the same as you can see in the player's position details of each player. You can also see it moving players in the tactic page. You could see it in Ricardo Kaka's profile...

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Players Positions Poll

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't agree these two points:

1. If don't exist 1st and 2nd position, why f.e. Andre Ayew was indicated as Wing/Fwd and Loic Rémy as a Fwd/Wing? Was the previous position name completely useless? If it was so, why SM decided this little difference? SM coud name both Ayew and Rémy as Wing/Fwd or Fwd/Wing if there is not difference between positions...

2. New position name doesn't mean more positions for a player. They are the same as you can see in the player's position details of each player. You can also see it moving players in the tactic page. You could see it in Ricardo Kaka's profile...[/quote']

1. But why does it matter? If you put them in each place, the indicator stays green. It makes no difference. They will play the same no matter.

2. Someone mentioned in the other thread there are now some players who are able to play all through Defence, DM, and LM.... Something that wasn't possible before.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Players Positions Poll

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't agree these two points:

2. New position name doesn't mean more positions for a player. They are the same as you can see in the player's position details of each player. You can also see it moving players in the tactic page. You could see it in Ricardo Kaka's profile...[/quote']

It was an SM myth for ages that players had "primary" and "secondary" positions i.e. that a Wing/Fwd played better as a winger.

That being said I would have preferred to see SM just make this clear on the Online Help than change the format.

Whilst I admit that the new format is confusing' date=' if you haven't figured it out by now then you're an idiot. [/quote']

I must be an idiot then. Or perhaps I am just naturally used to something after having had it for (roughly) five years.

I don't think it is clear now, at a glance, as the old format but perhaps that is just my impression having been so used to the old. No doubt in a few months I will have forgotten about it.

Re: Players Positions Poll

Whilst I admit that the new format is confusing' date=' if you haven't figured it out by now then you're an idiot.[/quote']

But why should we have to figure it out in the first place?

What would you prefer? Wing/Fwd or AM(RL),F(RLC)? I mean they changed it from wing to attacking mid, which is just not necessary. Valencia isnt an attacking mid, neither is Sanchez or Walcott.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Players Positions Poll

1. But why does it matter? If you put them in each place' date=' the indicator stays green. It makes no difference. They will play the same no matter.

2. Someone mentioned in the other thread there are now some players who are able to play all through Defence, DM, and LM.... Something that wasn't possible before.[/quote']

1. I see. But I'll admit that you are right if you explain me WHY:

Loic Rémy is/was Fwd/Wing

&

André Ayew is/was Wing/Fwd

If you have these two players in your squad right now, you'll see they are in the old position order's list.

Example n. 2: a club in my gameworld has these players among others (I put them in the old and new position's name but is the same):

Pedro, Rodriguez Wing/Fwd - AM (RL), F (RLC)

Nani, Luis Wing - AM(RL)

Ba, Demba Fwd/Wing - AM (RL), F (RLC)

WHY Nani is listed between Pedro and Ba yet?

Example n. 3: another club in my gameworld has these players among others:

Fischer, Viktor AM/Fwd - AM ©, F (RLC)

[...]

[...]

Diallo, Sadio Fwd/AM - AM ©, F (RLC)

WHY there are a lot of players between Fischer and Diallo yet? If SM put players in order of goal distance, why there are differences between players?

2. With new position's name, position doesn't change: you would support what you say... write here some example if you find any...

I don't know what to say to you. Read the help section on positions. It doesn't mention anything about 'Primary' or 'secondary' positions. it just says they will play best if the indicator is green.

As far as the 2 players being shown in the way they are - Maybe its something to do with how they were added onto the database first time round. I don't know. But they'll play the same regardless.

I don't have examples but read the thread, but I'm pretty sure SM haven't gone to the bother of doing all this for nothing. As being rumoured, the are changes coming to the tactics, which will probably be linked the the positional changes.

As I've said on another thread I understand the new position code. A lot don't in the gameworlds I play in & a lot are confused & we may lose them. While I'm happy to have an advantage, don't like to think managers will drop out :(

For instance, In 5 out of 6 gameworlds, just about 95/100% don't even come on the forum :confused:

Well, it was quite easier with the old one, but i dont mind this new either, theres positive and negative things on both the new and the old one.

Old PP* Positive things/New PP negative things

1) THe old PP was definetly easier to comprehend, and lets be honest, we were already so used to it that its been quite a shock having all this mathematical looking new PP way.

2) The positions were set to 'primary' and 'secondary' so you kind of always knew what the 1st role of a player was, now with the new PP way it all has been generalised thus removing a small but considerable part of the game imo.

New PP positive things/Old PP Negative things

1) The new PP way makes it possible for a player to have more than just 2 positions available, thing that with the old PP way wasnt possible, this is also the main reason that SM has decided to make these changes (IMO).

2) Once you get used to it, they arent that hard to comprehend anyway, this is just like the interface change, everyone now got used to it, and i dont see anyone complaining about it anymore, same will be for this change once they get a grip of it.

All in all, im not really keen on the new aspect of the positions, but i accept it, and i actually find it as a small improvment because now the players can have ALL of the positions they can play in and not just 2.

Only thing id like from SM is to prioritize again the positions on each player, setting the primary and secondary positions, that way id be actually happy of the change, seeing that it would mean the PP feature has drastically improved, being able to have more than 2 positions and yet still being able to know what the first and second positions are.

*PP = Player Position

Before players like bezema were fwd/wing' date=' now benzema is not a winger but a f rlc.. much better, in his case anyway

he can still play on the wing ina 4-3-3 wingers, but no longer right mid or left mid.. ;)[/quote']

No difference really. He woulda lost his position regardless in the old system, he woulda got changed to just a fwd and they can play in 4-3-3.

I don't see the big deal at all about the changes. If you don't understand what the new positions are then why are you playing a football sim' date='[b'] the players positions stay the same, its just a different way of writing them.[/b]

And thats the point we are disagreeing with, the way of writing them before was fine imo.