Sign in to follow this  
germlad

Players Positions Poll

Players Positions Poll  

1. 1.

• The new format is better- i like the change.
    • The old one was better- i don't like the change.

Re: Players Positions Poll

I agree that with the changes to players' positions it is improving, but:

1. DM® and DM(L) are useless as D® or M® can play there too.

2. Transfer market position search is now a disaster. One is unable to search for players who can play D(R,L,C), for example. Doing that will give you all players who can play at least one of D®, D(L), D©.

I agree that with the changes to players' positions it is improving' date=' but:

1. DM® and DM(L) are useless as D® or M® can play there too.

2. Transfer market position search is now a disaster. One is unable to search for players who can play D(R,L,C), for example. Doing that will give you all players who can play at least one of D®, D(L), D©.[/quote']

Good points. The only solution for the search issue is to search D(RLC) and then click position tab to put them in order.

While I support the new positions, I do not agree on DMR or DML .. just lame and useless. DM(RL) are actually Wingbacks that not necessary in SM.

Ultimately what matters is the complement between position and formation.

Let's say now you have a LB, now and he looks like this D,DM,M(L).

Just look silly...

The following are better,

D,M(L)

D(L),M(L)

DL,ML

I have been playing this game for 7 years now and can honestly say this is one of the worst changes in the history of SM. This combined with the over zealous application of player concerns is putting me off the game. :(

When I asked someone (Face to Face actually) why he had dropped out he said game had become Over-Complicated & this & concerns & another issue were the reasons he cited :(:(:( I'm happy with player positions myself but if we gonna lose long-term managers perhaps it should be returned to prev. LB etc

i like these changes, they were necessary from a player posisition point of view, players can play( f rlc) but not rm/lm/wing* as before they were classed as wingers, benzema being an example, and now messi can play more posisitions.

Can't see anything changing, other things need debate/changing

If someone quits playing a (*Free)football manager game over this then I'd say they really need to have a word with themselves.

The concerns issue was fixed a few weeks back and I haven't been having any problems since.

I'll tell him to have a word with himself next time I see him :)

This has got to be one of the most visually offensive things I have ever seen.

The positions are now far too confusing and offputting, makes the squad page look muddled.

I agree with whoever said just add a 3rd etc position in the old format.

Why are wingers now classed as AM R L C etc? Thats nonsense.

Mandzukic for example is not an AM, hes a CF who can be deployed on the wing, and should be FWD/Wing or CF/Wing not AM(RL),F(RLC)

Terrible decision, sooner its reversed the better.

No' date=' Wingers are now classed as AM (R L)

Mandzukic for example is not an AM, hes a CF who can be deployed on the wing, and should be FWD/Wing or CF/Wing not AM(RL),F(RLC)

AM (R L), F (R L C) Is Fwd/wing :rolleyes:

The positions are now far too confusing and offputting' date=' makes the squad page look muddled.

Terrible decision, sooner its reversed the better.[/quote']

FWD/Wing and AM(RL),F(RLC) are exactly the same. Wingers are classed as AM(RL) which is exactly the sam as Wing.

Nothing has changed really, except for no difference between primary and secundary position, which I welcome while I was not sure whether it mattered, and if it didn't, now there's no difference. Also, this change could be a good step for having a future step in position change: being more accurate than it already has been (having a D(RL),DM© for example). Hopefully that will be the case.

The positions are now far too confusing and offputting' date=' makes the squad page look muddled.

Terrible decision, sooner its reversed the better.[/quote']

no Mandzukic is not a FWD/Wing or CF/wing

Mandzukic is a AM®F(RC) - he is a centre forward/right wing player in real life.

you clearly dont understand the whole new concept of these positions changes.

read the whole thread, then make your point.

the system is not complete yet, hence many players are still looking messy position wise ie AM(LRC) they will be updated with their correct wing positions in time.the 3rd position addition you agreed with would look even more terrible.

Omg you bunch of downies you clearly dont get it.

I know they're the same, it just looks considerably worse.

Also saying some players are AM etc FOR EXAMPLE MANDZUKIC is ridiculous.

Mandzukic SHOULD BE FWD/WING or CF/WING, im not saying HE IS.

Isn't the player positions the same as FM now but anyway either way it doesn't bother me personally except for some of the problems people have had with the searching of players. All I ever wanted was wing back position added instead of dml or dl/lm.

Omg you bunch of downies you clearly dont get it.

I know they're the same' date=' it just looks considerably worse.

Also saying some players are AM etc FOR EXAMPLE MANDZUKIC is ridiculous.

Mandzukic SHOULD BE FWD/WING or CF/WING, im not saying HE IS.[/quote']

that kind of language in your opening sentence will get you banned.

you clearly dont get it. the whole position change update IS NOT complete. every single player on the database will have to be changed over time...

Mandzukic is NOT a WING. he doesnt play left wing. the Wing position was terrible as it allowed you to play players in positions they dont in real life.

He plays CF and RW in real life, so the new position should be AM® F(RC) - right wing, right and centre forward. Therefore his new SM position will be AM® - which stands for right attacking midfielder or 'wing', F(RC) - centre/right side forward.

i cannot believe the negativity people are showing towards this brilliant update. The petty comments over it doesnt look nice are frankly, absurd.

also, IT IS NOT finished, many players need to be adjusted, and with the ever expanding DB it will take time. a lot of time.

that kind of language in your opening sentence will get you banned.

you clearly dont get it. the whole position change update IS NOT complete. every single player on the database will have to be changed over time...

Mandzukic is NOT a WING. he doesnt play left wing. the Wing position was terrible as it allowed you to play players in positions they dont in real life.

He plays CF and RW in real life' date=' so the new position should be AM® F(RC) - right wing, right and centre forward. Therefore his new SM position will be AM® - which stands for right attacking midfielder or 'wing', F(RC) - centre/right side forward.

i cannot believe the negativity people are showing towards this brilliant update. The petty comments over it doesnt look nice are frankly, absurd.

[b']also, IT IS NOT finished, many players need to be adjusted, and with the ever expanding DB it will take time. a lot of time[/b].

It's a bit daft to release a product/update that's not ready to be released. The database should have been updated offline and then introduced to SM when it had been completed.

**Never release unfinished products, it only causes customer complaints**

It's a bit daft to release a product/update that's not ready to be released. The database should have been updated offline and then introduced to SM when it had been completed.

**Never release unfinished products' date=' it only causes customer complaints**[/b']

use your head mate, could you imagine the up roar if one day they switched it on and all your players positions had changed...

and when did you expect them to spend the time going through every player? by releasing it now Sm users can help them make the changes through soccerwiki. if you expect them to do all the work first then things like league reviews would have to have been stopped...

i remember everyone complaining about soccerwiki when it first came out, now it is an excellent tool for the game, i should know as i use it daily, hence the number 1 scout on the site.

as SM do with all updates, they are 'drip fed' so people can get used to them. I think its a brilliant change as it creates more realism & gives more positional options

use your head mate' date=' could you imagine the up roar if one day they switched it on and all your players positions had changed...

and when did you expect them to spend the time going through every player? by releasing it now Sm users can help them make the changes through soccerwiki. if you expect them to do all the work first then things like league reviews would have to have been stopped...

i remember everyone complaining about soccerwiki when it first came out, now it is an excellent tool for the game.

as SM do with all updates, they are 'drip fed' so people can get used to them. I think its a brilliant change as it creates more realism & gives more positional options[/quote']

What's the difference between suddenly releasing an update that's not finished and suddenly releasing an update that is complete? The latter is the better option, use your head fella.

It'd take the same time to work offline than it will to update the players while the unfinished release has already been implemented.

What's the difference between suddenly releasing an update that's not finished and suddenly releasing an update that is complete? The latter is the better option' date=' use your head fella.

It'd take the same time to work offline than it will to update the players while the unfinished release has already been implemented.[/quote']

no, as you can see by the poll, many people are against it, because they dont fully understand it & grasp the reasons behind it.

They have switched over to the new 'positions layout' but not updated the players, so at the moment its the best of both worlds, to give people time to adjust to the upcoming changes.

its the same with the league reviews. why are they 'drip fed'? because if they made sweeping changes in whole leagues in one go, many casual SM players would leave (due to not having the time to buy the players they want etc).. as many folks, again highlighted by the poll, dont like change.

i dont quite understand your second point about taking the same time offline though? IMO its better to put it out there to us the players to help do the positional changes as there are far more of us than SM, so they can get far greater input, and in some cases, from some more knowledgeable users than them..

no' date=' as you can see by the poll, many people are against it, because they dont fully understand it & grasp the reasons behind it.

They have switched over to the new 'positions layout' but not updated the players, so at the moment its the best of both worlds, to give people time to adjust to the upcoming changes.

its the same with the league reviews. why are they 'drip fed'? because if they made sweeping changes in whole leagues in one go, many casual SM players would leave (due to not having the time to buy the players they want etc).. as many folks, again highlighted by the poll, dont like change.[/quote']

Well, SM are awful at informing their customers of what they've changed and the reasons for the changes. A few simple slides explaining the change and giving examples of the benefits they bring would go a long way to convincing the majority that it is in fact a change for the better and not another poorly planned/implemented release like the colossal balls up on the player concern system that needed to be rectified.

Well' date=' SM are awful at informing their customers of what they've changed and the reasons for the changes. A few simple slides explaining the change and giving examples of the benefits they bring would go a long way to convincing the majority that it is in fact a change for the better and not another poorly planned/implemented release like the colossal balls up on the player concern system that needed to be rectified.[/quote']

i got a notification of these changes

A new Game Update has been introduced to Soccer Manager.

26 Nov at 15:45 GT

and they post them on facebook and twitter...

plus in the community section there is a tab dedicated to game updates.

i guess people may not know about it though, its pretty hidden.

but i do know what you mean, would be nice for someone from the team to post on the forum, but i would expect they would get dogs abuse....

Ste, one of the Devs, used to post but he has pulled his account..

People may or not have have noticed but the new players positions are being edited in as they go along the recently announced top 5 league changes.

Dont be surprised if your players lose positions they are playing in currently in your formations!

I suggest you go through your starting side to double check to avoid disappointment when it happens.

use transfermarkt.com to check players positions. It is a excellent site for football resource.

couple of examples:

Eden Ben BASAT was AM(RLC)F(RLC) now AM(L),F(LC)

Younes BELHANDA was AM)RLC) now AM(RC)

Bruno GROUGI now can play > DM,AM©,M(RC)

(DM,CM,AM and RM - nice!)

People may or not have have noticed but the new players positions are being edited in as they go along the recently announced top 5 league changes.

Dont be surprised if your players lose positions they are playing in currently in your formations!

I suggest you go through your starting side to double check to avoid disappointment when it happens.

use transfermarkt.com to check players positions. It is a excellent site for football resource.

couple of examples:

Eden Ben BASAT was AM(RLC)F(RLC) now AM(L)' date='F(LC)[/b']

Younes BELHANDA was AM)RLC) now AM(RC)

Bruno GROUGI now can play > DM,AM©,M(RC)

(DM,CM,AM and RM - nice!)

Yeah,just seen it has been edited when i see Belhanda's position. Well,after all this update may work better