Sign in to follow this  
ms777

De gea or Courtois?

Re: De gea or Courtois?

Degea should not rise. He is shocking at corners and crosses. Just because he is a good shot stopper' date=' doesnt mean he should rise, AND i am a Man Utd fan...[/quote']

He has improved imo, how many mistakes has he made on corners? I can only think of stoke. He has definitely saved Man Utd more than he has cost, 3-2 against Chelsea springs to mind. It doesnt really matter if you say he shouldnt rise from shot stopping, he has saved you from dropping points a lot. Its not like Im saying he should rise to 94 or something but he could well get 91 easily. On the whole, your defence has been poor this season leading to the goals conceded.

He has improved imo' date=' how many mistakes has he made on corners? I can only think of stoke. He has definitely saved Man Utd more than he has cost, 3-2 against Chelsea springs to mind. It doesnt really matter if you say he shouldnt rise from shot stopping, he has saved you from dropping points a lot. Its not like Im saying he should rise to 94 or something but he could well get 91 easily. On the whole, your defence has been poor this season leading to the goals conceded.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. While De Gea cost us some crucial points in his first season, he's really improved in the last few months. Anybody who saw that United-Villa match can easily tell that De Gea is a much better presence at the back now and in my humble opinion, should definitely get 91 within the next two reviews.

I believe Courtois will be the better keeper in the long run. But it's hard to go against Ferguson... He seems to have a good eye for goalkeepers. (Schmeichel' date=' Van der Sar)[/quote']

Let's not forget the Barthez and Carroll debacles! ;)

But I do agree, he has got an eye for talented keepers.

I believe Courtois will be the better keeper in the long run. But it's hard to go against Ferguson... He seems to have a good eye for goalkeepers. (Schmeichel' date=' Van der Sar)[/quote']

Hahahahaha!!! Taibi, Carroll, Bosnich, van der Gouw, Rachubka, Goram, Ricardo, Barthez?

Also, De Gea is a very good shot-stopper, but he can't do anything else. Overall, I'd say Lindegaard is a safer pair of gloves.

I've not really been that impressed by Courtois either. Both goalies are very young for their position, so it's still very early to predict too much.

Hahahahaha!!! Taibi' date=' Carroll, Bosnich, van der Gouw, Rachubka, Goram, Ricardo, Barthez[/b']?

Also, De Gea is a very good shot-stopper, but he can't do anything else. Overall, I'd say Lindegaard is a safer pair of gloves.

I've not really been that impressed by Courtois either. Both goalies are very young for their position, so it's still very early to predict too much.

Most of those keepers were reserves anyway, and Carroll was a great keeper actually.

if you had the choice who would you buy?

In SM terms De Gea is teh better bet over then next year or so. He's higher rated and will remain so as long as he is the regular starter at Man Utd. Courtois may well get to 90 in the next ratings, 89 is more likely, but I'd expect De Gea to go to 91 this time or next and will continue to rise over the next few years. Courtois needs to play CL to rise to 91+, he's a Chelsea player, Czech is doing ok currently and who knows where he will play next season. It may not be at Athletico.

My opinion has nothing to do with who I think is the better keeper.

He has improved imo' date=' how many mistakes has he made on corners? I can only think of stoke. He has definitely saved Man Utd more than he has cost, 3-2 against Chelsea springs to mind. It doesn't really matter if you say he shouldnt rise from shot stopping, he has saved you from dropping points a lot. Its not like Im saying he should rise to 94 or something but he could well get 91 easily. On the whole, your defense has been poor this season leading to the goals conceded.[/quote']

You look at most of the crosses or corners we conceded from and you will see degea routed on his line, the only times he comes to the ball is when he punches it clear. He isn't a safe pair of hands that you need from a goalkeeper. Though he will be good one day, i just do not think he deserves a rise. Look how good Adler is, and compare him at 90! He is one of the best keepers around right now,

Most of those keepers were reserves anyway' date=' and Carroll was a great keeper actually.[/quote']

Most of those were NOT reserves. Taibi, Carrol, van der Gouw and Barthez were bought/used as 1st choice. Goram was arguably loaned in as 1st choice.

The fact is, he has a pretty terrible record with goalkeepers. I think only Wenger has a worse record. He only ever got two world class keepers in how many years? And he bought van der Saar after he went to Fulham. If he was on the ball, he could have got him from Juventus for about £2m. Van der Saar had already won the CL at this point.

And, for you to say Carroll was a great keeper just shows how little your opinion now means. Thanks for warning me in advance.

You look at most of the crosses or corners we conceded from and you will see degea routed on his line' date=' the only times he comes to the ball is when he punches it clear. He isn't a safe pair of hands that you need from a goalkeeper. Though he will be good one day, i just do not think he deserves a rise. Look how good Adler is, and compare him at 90! He is one of the best keepers around right now,[/quote']

I respect your opinion but we'll have to see mate.

Hahahahaha!!! Taibi' date=' Carroll, Bosnich, van der Gouw, Rachubka, Goram, Ricardo, Barthez?

I've not really been that impressed by Courtois either. Both goalies are very young for their position, so it's still very early to predict too much.[/quote']

Most of those were NOT reserves. Taibi' date=' Carrol, van der Gouw and Barthez were bought/used as 1st choice. Goram was arguably loaned in as 1st choice.

The fact is, he has a pretty terrible record with goalkeepers. I think only Wenger has a worse record. He only ever got two world class keepers in how many years? And he bought van der Saar after he went to Fulham. If he was on the ball, he could have got him from Juventus for about £2m. Van der Saar had already won the CL at this point.

And, for you to say Carroll was a great keeper just shows how little your opinion now means. Thanks for warning me in advance.[/quote']

Well you certainly seems to have the aquired knowledge...

Maybe you should apply for a position as talent scout for Man U and help out Sir Alex in his struggles :P

Most of those were NOT reserves. Taibi' date=' Carrol, van der Gouw and Barthez were bought/used as 1st choice. Goram was arguably loaned in as 1st choice.

[b']And, for you to say Carroll was a great keeper just shows how little your opinion now means. Thanks for warning me in advance.[/b]

wow that just shows your maturity, ill try not helping you in the future.

How is 4 out of the 8 you mentioned "most of them" ?

As to the Van Der Sar comment, you just say "why didnt he just sign Van Der Sar" there are more factors that go into signing a player than just laying down money and taking the player, and an opinion is not always factual, so if my opinion is different to yours how does it make you right? :eek:

Well you certainly seems to have the aquired knowledge...

Maybe you should apply for a position as talent scout for Man U and help out Sir Alex in his struggles :P

LOL :P

wow that just shows your maturity' date=' ill try not helping you in the future.

How is 4 out of the 8 you mentioned "most of them" ?

As to the Van Der Sar comment, you just say "why didnt he just sign Van Der Sar" there are more factors that go into signing a player than just laying down money and taking the player, and an opinion is not always factual, so if my opinion is different to yours how does it make you right? :eek:[/quote']

Can you not count? I mentioned 5, and it should have been 6 because I missed out Bosnich. 5/6 out of 8 is most of them. Also, YOU mentioned that MOST of them were reserves. Seriously, what grades did you get in GCSE Maths?

So you are saying Man U could not have bought van der Saar at the time but Fulham could? HAAAAAA!!

Opinions are not facts, but what I said was not an opinion, I was giving you facts. And any opinions I do share are based on facts and not pulled out of my rectum like yours so obviously are.

Remember when you said 'Carroll was a great keeper'? LOL! Do you remember that? Man, that made me laugh. Makes you wonder why you never see Roy Carroll listed in the greatest goalkeepers of all time, eh? I can only presume you do not know what the word 'great' actually means. You are on the internet, just do a google search and read what it actually says.

Can you not count? I mentioned 5' date=' and it should have been 6 because I missed out Bosnich. 5/6 out of 8 is most of them. Also, YOU mentioned that MOST of them were reserves. Seriously, what grades did you get in GCSE Maths?

[b']1 2 3 4, the last time i checked that is four players[/b]

So you are saying Man U could not have bought van der Saar at the time but Fulham could? HAAAAAA!!

did i say that? uhm no i did not, I SAID THAT THERE ARE MORE FACTORS INVOLVED IN MAKING A TRANSFER, mate read properly

Opinions are not facts, but what I said was not an opinion, I was giving you facts. And any opinions I do share are based on facts and not pulled out of my rectum like yours so obviously are.

You clearly have problems, im going to just ignore you as you can not make an educated comment, everything that you say is rude or obscene.

This is a forum about Football not a forum for people with anger problems and arrogant children

Remember when you said 'Carroll was a great keeper'? LOL! Do you remember that? Man, that made me laugh. Makes you wonder why you never see Roy Carroll listed in the greatest goalkeepers of all time, eh? I can only presume you do not know what the word 'great' actually means. You are on the internet, just do a google search and read what it actually says.

Out of that list he was one of the best ones, and a very underrated keeper IMO

If you are going to discriminate me over my opinion then you do it on a PM, not on the forum, the thread is called De Gea or Courtois, not "I'm rude and i want everyone to know it"

Out of that list he was one of the best ones' date=' and a very underrated keeper IMO

If you are going to discriminate me over my opinion then you do it on a PM, not on the forum, the thread is called De Gea or Courtois, not "I'm rude and i want everyone to know it"[/quote']

If you think Carroll was one of the better ones then you have just proven me right. Fergie has a terrible record of buying goalkeepers. I didn't start out discriminating against your laughable opinion until you said Carroll was a great goalkeeper.

This is a forum where people can talk about football and share their differences of opinion. It just so happens to be that yours has no validity in it whatsoever, so I saw this as my duty to point this out to others. If you have a problem with this, then I suggest you take it up with the moderators. Good luck xxx

If you think Carroll was one of the better ones then you have just proven me right. Fergie has a terrible record of buying goalkeepers. I didn't start out discriminating against your laughable opinion until you said Carroll was a great goalkeeper.

This is a forum where people can talk about football and share their differences of opinion. It just so happens to be that yours has no validity in it whatsoever' date=' so I saw this as my duty to point this out to others. [b']If you have a problem with this, then I suggest you take it up with the moderators. Good luck xxx[/b]

All you needed to say was we have a different opinion, not discriminate me.

Thanks already did.

De Gea vs. Courtois - thats a hard one to tell.

Both of them are still very young and they have a lot to improve. I'm sure they will both become top goalies in the next 5 years or so, both have a chance to get up to 92+ on SM (in the future, not now).

Speaking of present, personally I would go for Courtois - EL winner, solid displays with Atletico last season, plays well this season as well. On the other hand De Gea had poor matches last season @ MU, even the start of this season was not great...he started to improve the last 5 games or so but that's not enough to warrant a rise the next review.

My guess is that De Gea will stay at 90 and Courtois will rise @ 90 next month. However its really hard to say who's going to be better in future...