Bring Back Those Memories - Forumer(s) That We Missed

Gozzy

As you see under my avatar, i joined this forum at October 2008. During my time here, i have found a lot of great forumers. Just yesterday, i come across to several old threads and see that a lot of great forumers no longer posting here. So, i want to bring the memories what this forum miss from these forumers with some of their post and how this place will be so much better with them

Johnny C

Brilliant poster,his layout for all his posts are brilliant. But,not only the beautiful layout that make him a brilliant poster. What he talks about is always give you content that's beneficial. Take a look in one of his thread

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=57623

It's not just plain suggestion that we commonly found in forum nowadays,but it's structured and comprehensive suggestion that makes it's quality. I hope he'll come back one day

Quote from one of his post just to show you his brilliance

Kyon25252525252Bfacepalm3.png

Did the developers even bother testing these changes out in terms of USER PRODUCTIVITY...?

The easy answer is a resounding NO' date=' because if they did they would have quickly realized that they have increased the number of clicks per session exponentially.

[b']I'll give one example area... MESSAGES.[/b]

1. Historical Messages: First off it is entirely bad enough that they have deleted most of the historical club messages that many of us were keeping (now limiting it to 2 measly weeks), but the time and effort required to wade through the various messages is now completely unrealistic. Let us see our historical messages that we were saving.
  2. Deleting Messages: At least before they had a batch function in there where you could select multiple messages and delete them all at once. Now we have to click on the X button for each messages. Not terrible, until you realize that you have to wait for each message to delete until you can delete the next one. Unbelievably time consuming.
  3. Viewing the Message Content: What the hell were they thinking with this one...? At least before, they presented all of the message content front and center for the User to read. Now you have to click on each message just to see what the content is. Huh ? That is about as boneheaded as it gets. The Devs just limited the amount of info that they are presenting on the Users and are requiring the Users to make multiple clicks just to get the information. If they wanted to be clever, what they should have done was when you scroll over the abridged message on the left that the full message would appear on the right. (head-shake) Way to massively DECREASE THE PRODUCTIVITY on here. What were they thinking...?

What a joke...

Tom Owen

For everybody who was active in forum at 2009,who can't forget TomOwen's Christmas and New Year Scouting Special?? It's arguably of one the best scouting thread ever in this forum

He's also has some unique idea for GameWorlds such as The A-Z Almanac

Also you can see his 2 threads have been stickied in Game World Section

Abdel Zizi

Great scout, great manager in SM too. One of his thread, from minnow to macho is an inspiration to all smaller clubs out there.

He is also the person to introduce Stephan El Shaarawy and Romelu Lukaku to forum

Insider

You don't know Insider??? Then you must be very unlucky.

Absolute legend,his scouting is something that really missed nowadays. His South American players knowledge is second to none. And how he contribute for the SMEL thing. Rafael Toloi,ahh... how much i missed those days

More names to be added,and you can add yours too. Names of forumers you miss these days. You can add as much as you want

Re: Bring Back Those Memories - Forumer(s) That We Missed

Derby Power

Last Post : 4 September 2012

PORTUGAL – 1st and 2nd Division extensive thread never feel like before after Derby has been inactive. Derby is like Portuguese Insider for me

Sinny

Emmanuel Mbola is one of big sensation in SM forum at 2009, and although he's still just 75 rated by now, no one can argue Sinny skill for doing scouting threads. One of the best scouter in his time

Ben Reado

Alan Dzagoev is just one of his find. What i always remember about him is the words under his avatar "Lucas,future of Brazil!". He's always someone who defend Lucas,even when he first comes to Liverpool and playing below expectation and Ben prove he's right

You also can see how he explains why Lucas should rise (at that time) with a nice essay in this thread

Seftinho

My favorite forumer when i joined here. Huge Leeds fan as far as i know. He's also the one who create Official England Thread and Formula One thread. A brilliant poster wherever he post and i'm sure many also missed him

Guest drseanfitz

Barracuda - honest and funny forumer, left the forum after he was banned for writing one of the funniest things I've ever read on here(but it did break several rules), and even the edited version I've linked to is funny.

do still occasionally speak to him on facebook.

Onecapwonder - had his profile erased so can't link it. some wonderful insight's into football, one hell of a great guy to talk to, and instrumental in making EC106 the best forum setup ever. he also started Kill, Pull, Marry, which I would love someone to restart.

Some fantastic forumer's here, Insider made me millions for some of my teams and I loved Kill, Pull, Marry from Onecapwonder. Like Sean said someone should start this back up. I would do it but I have a number of deadlines for uni so would probably stop after a week or two.

I would like to give a mention to the following forumers:

Higgy - Founder of EC5579, always helpful and made some great posts about Spanish football. Also came across as a nice guy, if I remember correctly when EC5579 was created he paid to reserve a club for someone else so they didn't miss out on them.

Lensois - Hasn't posted for a few months, top forumer. Created a fantastic Sunderland side in EC5579 and has a great knowledge of a number of European leagues which he uses to give good advice to other forumers.

Gozzy seems you are starting a Forumers Hall of fame-pretty awesome :)

Pretty interesting selection-and wish I could add but I don't miss anyone that much to create a thread-lets hope some of the present will take their place.:)

Not really Forumers Hall of Fame, i just want to mention forumers that have been beautiful asset for forum in the past and how i missed them here

Great list too Sean and Adam. Kill,Pull,Marry remain as one of my favourite thread ever in SM forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would like to bring up two more names.

darshan j. - Used to be one of the more helpful guys and friendly when I first joined the forums. Top guy who knew his stuff and was very friendly too.

andyowls - Another superb forumer. Never one to shy away from offering his insight/help when needed. Brilliant poster and his expertise in Argentinean football was invaluable too.

Would like to bring up two more names.

darshan j. - Used to be one of the more helpful guys and friendly when I first joined the forums. Top guy who knew his stuff and was very friendly too.

andyowls - Another superb forumer. Never one to shy away from offering his insight/help when needed. Brilliant poster and his expertise in Argentinean football was invaluable too.

Andy is still active isnt he?

Andy is still active isnt he?

He is' date=' but isn't as active as before I believe.

Also, [b']Daragh[/b] is another one. Deleted his old account and not sure if he still has his new alias on here but he's a great forumer too.

He is' date=' but isn't as active as before I believe.

Also, [b']Daragh[/b] is another one. Deleted his old account and not sure if he still has his new alias on here but he's a great forumer too.

I never knew Daragh has an alias,what was it? It's a shame he delete his old account. One of my fav when it comes to Italian football

I never knew Daragh has an alias' date='what was it? It's a shame he delete his old account. One of my fav when it comes to Italian football[/quote']

I forgot his new account name. He did mention it to me by PM I think after I found out the way the guy wrote was similar to Daragh... But that was quite awhile back lol.

Yeah I always asked him for help regarding Italian football/Roma.

EDIT: Congrats on the blue.

Andrew MUFC was really helpful' date=' then left

Arsene Wenger Arsenal too.

Said Kunaher before

ManUnited4life too.

Thack271 (with about 50clubs :eek:)[/quote']

I was disappointed when Andrew left too as that means only me and Pitung Drughi as active Indonesian forumers here. In his short spell, i think Andrew also has gained good reputation by helping others and contributing to several Game Worlds

I was disappointed when Andrew left too as that means only me and Pitung Drughi as active Indonesian forumers here. In his short spell' date=' i think Andrew also has gained good reputation by helping others and contributing to several Game Worlds[/quote']

Yeah... He was the best manager in DDT (Narin's GW - another outstanding forumer who left)

• 2 weeks later...

Here I would like to add one more. Presenting to you

Infernito

image.php?u=19142&dateline=1295362678&type=thumb

The most arrogant, aggressive & self proclaiming manager the SM Forum has seen so far. Pretty badly the boy was banned few days ago. The best banter I've ever met. So, a tribute to the great Infernito

Archived