Duncan

Portuguese Football

Re: Portuguese Football

SC Sporting 1 - 3 SL Benfica

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel 31'

Marcos Rojo OG 57'

Oscar Cardozo PG 81'

Oscar Cardozo 86'

Sport-Lisboa-e-Benfica-cruise-past-Sporting-Clube-with-ten-men,-landing-eight-points-behind-Porto-56735.jpg

What a second half :eek: at first I wasn't to impressed with both side, although SLB were dominating in all areas, we gave the ball way much to easily with sloppy passing and poor decisions.

But this all changed once we drew level, you could see the change in play. Started finding the gaps and Sporting just couldn't cope with the immense pressure.

Somethings that stood out, Benfica's passing was poor and must be sorted out. Sporting's tackling was much to aggressive and I'm surprised they didn't get more cards.

Star performers

Rui Patricio - WOW what a keeper, I can see him replacing Valdes at Barcelona :P could play for any side in fact.

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel - Got a goal and played quite well in the first half, but didn't get much ball in the second half as sporting were just defending. Quite impressed with his dedication and will to score, great finish as well.

benfica-sporting_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75

Oscar Cardozo - Key to the turn around in the second half, could have easily been a potential hat trick from the Paraguayan, but the first goal was headed into the ground and brushed off Rojo so was counted as an OG.

Lorenzo Melgarejo - Great talent this, really tormenting on the left flank and puts in 100% every time.

13571006_CBWZb.jpeg

John Ola - What a season he is having, created SLB's first goal with a brilliant cross, and along with Melgarejo destroyed Sporting on the left wow :eek:

Poor performers

Khalid Boulahrouz - Was just poor, and committed a professional foul by using his hand to stop the ball from Salvio's cracking shot, hence conceding a penalty and receiving a red card.

Maxi Pereira - I find he pushes to far forward, and leaves huge gaps behind for counter attacks. This mistake led to Sporting's goal and a few other attacks down the left wing.

article-2120208-1253D417000005DC-364_468x286.jpg

First of all a huge thanks to Duncan for contributing so much to this tread :)

Is Luis Martins of Benfica/Benfica II worth a keep? If he's not a genious prodigy I want to sell' date=' thanks[/quote']

Ty mate

:P

I would keep him, should get a decent rise next review, and he is starting for Benfica II. I would say +2 next review :)

Ty mate

:P

I would keep him' date=' should get a decent rise next review, and he is starting for Benfica II. I would say +2 next review :)[/color']

Mate for that position I got Coentrao, Alba, Alaba, Betrand, Luke Shaw :P, altogether 84players in my squad so I need to cut down :o

Great work on this thread Duncan - repped.

Its probably on the thread somewhere but can Jackson Martinez really be the next Falcao?

Oh and what are the chances of James Rodriguez moving in the near future?

Great work on this thread Duncan - repped.

Its probably on the thread somewhere but can Jackson Martinez really be the next Falcao?

Oh and what are the chances of James Rodriguez moving in the near future?

Thanks mate' date=' Personally I dont think Jackson will be as good as Falcao, but he could very easily be a 91/92 player.

As for James I'm pretty sure he will leave at the end of the season, there are loads of clubs interested in him already.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has scouted Porto winger James Rodriguez, 21, for the seventh time as he eyes him up as a possible replacement for Nani.

Quote from http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_player.aspx?football_player=James+Rodriguez

SL Benfica vs FC Porto

Benfica-vs-FC-Porto.jpg

This Sunday, 13/01/2013, marks the clash of the titans. The eagle takes on the dragon, its going to be one of the best ever IMO as the sides are very closely matched this season. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Benfica are the sight favourites because of current form.

So who all are going to watch this one?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQanvDjLD8HgUOv21UGc-BsZO-XhPB7g_KEUylE_4vZ1pElgp9dQ1Swhu7U3g