Duncan

Portuguese Football

Re: Portuguese Football

Yeah, another product of Sporting's youth academy: Carlos Mané.

I hope the Lisbon club nurtures him; I also hope noone tells the kid he's already a star. He's got talent and potential, but he has a lot of work to do.

Can anyone give me an insight into Diego Capel? Is he any good at all?

I think he was meant to be a good player a good few years ago but haven't heard much of him since.

he's a good runner with the ball, very effective when he has lots of space in front of him, but against deep defenses he struggles to make any serious impact.

That's why he's still at Sporting. I could see him being useful in the UK somewhere.

Hello,

Any comments on the Spanish Armada setting up at Porto? Good or bad?

And did Porto really need a squad clearout or could they have just improved with a couple of names?

Finally, where is Varela going to? QPR? Mónaco? LA Galaxy?

Wow Talisca is really playing top footy at the moment.

Already probably moving to Chelsea next season :( I cant stand this, as soon as we have a player who shows any sort of talent they move.

''Talisca is one of two players we've been scouting since 2012.'' Jose Mourinho

Thoughts on Nelson Oliveira?

I think he has a future' date=' for me he will be rotated at swansea for the first few months. very strong player who showed promise at Rennes. But atm to much competition at benfica. Good loan move imo[/color']

Maxi perieira to Porto on a free' date=' surely this is a typo? :o[/quote']

It really happened, nobody seems to be really ecstatic about it, Benfica people because of high treason neither Porto ones because they don't think he's worth the salary

:P

I watched the Benfica game the last match it was pretty boring BUT I also watched Porto - Sporting same night Porto suck and that's a good thing as I hate them Slimani is a beast should have at least got his hattrick still don't understand how someone so prolific with his heading managed to put a free header into the ground and onto the crossbar like that but anyway Sporting looked great although were wasteful at times.

The happiest sporting day of my entire life!

After 50 years (exactly on this day - May 22nd), Braga wins the Portuguese Cup.

A tear slipped out of my eye and I ain't ashamed to admit it.

This is what a simple domestic cup win means to a fan of a club that barely wins antyhing.

I lost so many years during this match tho.

Like last year - but against Sporting - Braga had a 2 goal advantage and let Porto tie the match in added time.

The only difference is that, this year, our opponent wasn't 1 man down most of the game.

After Porto's 2nd goal and during the entire extra-time and pens, I had my hand pressed against my chest (the heart area), from the pain I was experiencing and fearing a repetition of last year's trauma.

Fortunately we won on pens.

I don't even need my club to win anything else in my lifetime.

This is how much I'm not used to winning silverware.

I don't think I'll forget the goalscorers of Braga's goals (even the penalties) and even Porto's 2 regular time goals for that matter, any time soon.

Braga played horribly tho - Marafona was a giant, but he didn't get much help from his teammates.

They defended too deep the entire game, but fortunately took advantage of 2 shocking Porto mistakes.

And now we have, once again, more Portuguese Cups than that scum, Vitória de Guimarães.  :D

I'm sure they're all happy campers right now.

The only Portuguese football fans not rooting for Braga, in this final, were Porto's and Guimarães's.

Great fight from Porto, I actually like them.

But we need this cup waaay more than them.

They deserved to win this final, but they'll win loads of trophies in the future.

Oh, just check André Silva's 2nd goal btw!

If Porto had won this match, he'd certainly have been MOTM.

I always said this kid would be the striker Portugal's been waiting for.

Not only the brace he got, but how much he fought for 120 minutes, shows how much potential he has.

Hopefully he doesn't have bad luck with injuries and stays humble.