help with countering new unmanaged formations

Tony Aus Berlin

Since sm have changed things and now unmanaged teams can play any formation How do i know what formation i should play against these teams??? I just lost a game 7-3 i had a much higher rated team and eveyone was fit and i had 60 - 40 possession this is the worst result i have ever been beaten by..i am very confused now how to play this game now

Re: help with countering new unmanaged formations

A concern of mine is if they randomly choose 1 of the 24 formations every game. It would make playing against a CPU team a lottery and completely negate the purpose of planning a game against a specific team since the amount of factors to determine if you can win would be too broad and complicated. There needs to be some element of unmanaged teams using a few different formations to suit their team consistently and it needs to make an effort to counter the formations that you use regularly.

In response to your question, we won't know until we've gained enough experience from matches played to understand the approach the CPU takes. I took at look at some of the Cup matches played in my League tonight and it does appear at least that the CPU is considering its best players, then trying to fit as many of them in to a formation and play it that way. Take a look at your oppositions squad list and do some homework. Make out the number of good quality defenders, midfielders and forwards and try to fit them in to a formation yourself and then decide how you'd counter it. That's my idea for now at least. We'll know come Wednesday just how random it will be.

Re: Riferimento: help with countering new unmanaged formations

I have tried using 3-5-2 to counter 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 with 2 forward arrows on the 2 wingers, and won handsomely by at least 2 clear goals. Haven't countered 3-5-2 yet, so no comments for that.

To counter 3-5-2 (with forward arrows on wingers), try 4-5-1 with forward arrows on players 6, 7, 8 and 11.