Sign in to follow this  
-JMH-

a heads up on the new external/unmanaged loans feature!

had this message today when trying to accept a loan for an 87 defender...

The loan deal for Sergio SÁNCHEZ involving Bristol Rovers has collapsed as the chairman of Liverpool has refused to let such a talented player go on loan.

now its not because i cannot loan him out, other CBs are 94,94,91 & 90.....

he is on the loan list, the chairman has actually refused it for a reason....

IMO this is a NEW feature to now stop the abuse of the external/unmanaged club loans....you wont be able to loan out the high rated players :/

Re: a heads up on the new external/unmanaged loans feature!

just tried it in another GW, 86 Isaac CUENCA & 87 OSCAR were refused to go out on loan by the chairman, even though i can loan list them!

seems SM is getting smarter

Bad move IMO.

In real life talented players can go on a loan without a problem.

Practical example: Courtois, Sahin, Essien etc

I would rather put a squad limit on the first squad, let's say max 25 first squad senior members (over 23) and as many youth players you like.

Bad move IMO.

In real life talented players can go on a loan without a problem.

Practical example: Courtois' date=' Sahin, Essien etc[/b']

I would rather put a squad limit on the first squad, let's say max 25 first squad senior members (over 23) and as many youth players you like.

easily solved on SM.

you have to pay a fee to loan the higher rated players, so the chairman lets them out.

Had my chairman refuse 75-77 rated players go out on loan today. What's that about?

The loan deal for Elliott HEWITT has collapsed as the chairman of Crystal Palace has refused to let such a talented player go on loan.

My suggestion to external/unmanaged (AI) loans:

• Unable to loan out top 10 most valuable players of your full squad.
  • A cap on maximum AI loan (excluding managed clubs), e.g. 10.
  • Player ratings 85+, receive loan offer within 3 days.
  • Player ratings 80-85, receive loan offer within 1 week.
  • Player ratings <80, receive loan offer within 2 weeks.
  • Player out on loan at least play some games (not too sure if they do now).
  • Player out on loan cannot play against parent club.

This is so your best players won't get loan out.

And higher rated players can find interested clubs easier.

Not sure if this is a good move by SM in trying to curb abuse on players sent out on loan.

With the way things are, those managing small clubs (including me) probably couldn't afford to buy 86+ players too many.

By getting loan, it can ease up our budget; yes we pay their wages but without spending any cent to buy them.

Now, we can't get higher rated players from loan to help us escape relegation and we also do not have the moolah to purchase few of these players. (I'm managing a spanish club recently promoted to primera division, with a stadium of less than 15,000-seat)

What should we do? Wait until these players unhappy and request transfer listed? Even then, we cannot purchase them. :o

In the end, people only want to manage the big boys.... :D (as the majority is right now)

Not sure if this is a good move by SM in trying to curb abuse on players sent out on loan.

With the way things are' date=' those managing small clubs (including me) probably couldn't afford to buy 86+ players too many.

By getting loan, it can ease up our budget; yes we pay their wages but without spending any cent to buy them.

Now, we can't get higher rated players from loan to help us escape relegation and we also do not have the moolah to purchase few of these players. (I'm managing a spanish club recently promoted to primera division, with a stadium of less than 15,000-seat)

What should we do? Wait until these players unhappy and request transfer listed? Even then, we cannot purchase them. :o

In the end, people only want to manage the big boys.... :D (as the majority is right now)[/quote']

Remember though that your rivals can't loan in these players now either, so you're on more of a level playing field as your rival can't benefit from being mates with the Manchester Utd boss etc etc.

Also if you and your rival both loan in 3 x 87 rated players you're not gaining any advantage over each other.

All you're really doing is losing £2.85m per season (based on 87 getting £25k per turn x 3 loans x 38 turns) on wages to bigger teams and SAVING them £2.85m in wages :eek:

This surely doesn't make any sense if you one day hope to be competing with the same bigger teams as you are in effect subsidising them.

£2.85m could buy plenty risers or buy you an older higher rated player who (due to different CV's) could be sold on at a profit of a couple of million.

Remember though that your rivals can't loan in these players now either' date=' so you're on more of a level playing field as your rival can't benefit from being mates with the Manchester Utd boss etc etc.

Also if you and your rival both loan in 3 x 87 rated players you're not gaining any advantage over each other.

All you're really doing is losing £2.85m per season (based on 87 getting £25k per turn x 3 loans x 38 turns) on wages to bigger teams and SAVING them £2.85m in wages :eek:

This surely doesn't make any sense if you one day hope to be competing with the same bigger teams as you are in effect subsidising them.

£2.85m could buy plenty risers or buy you an older higher rated player who (due to different CV's) could be sold on at a profit of a couple of million.[/quote']

This is true, the most important result of the current loan system is that it saves money for the team loaning out.

What i don't understand with this new function of the loan system is this: WHY the chairman allows you in the first place to put a player in the loan list, if he is not going to let the player go on loan anyway??? :confused::eek:

SM should have left this detail as it was until a few days ago, when you could put in the loan list ONLY the players that the chairman ACTUALLY ALLOWS you to loan out!

It even occurred to me that this was a bug when i first saw it...

It's just not logic: The chairman allows you to put a player into the loan list (so at this point someone would assume that his chairman would allow him to loan out the player!), you get into the trouble to loan list some players, then some clubs make loan offers for your players, and when you click on the "accept" button, the chairman suddenly cancels the loaning FOR THE SAME PLAYER WHO ALLOWS YOU TO PUT IN THE LOAN LIST!! :eek: There is a word for this situation: It's called "Masochism"! :mad:B)

What i don't understand with this new function of the loan system is this: WHY the chairman allows you in the first place to put a player in the loan list' date=' if he is not going to let the player go on loan anyway???[/b'] :confused::eek:

SM should have left this detail as it was until a few days ago, when you could put in the loan list ONLY the players that the chairman ACTUALLY ALLOWS you to loan out!

It even occurred to me that this was a bug when i first saw it...

It's just not logic: The chairman allows you to put a player into the loan list (so at this point someone would assume that his chairman would allow him to loan out the player!), you get into the trouble to loan list some players, then some clubs make loan offers for your players, and when you click on the "accept" button, the chairman suddenly cancels the loaning FOR THE SAME PLAYER WHO ALLOWS YOU TO PUT IN THE LOAN LIST!! :eek: There is a word for this situation: It's called "Masochism"! :mad:B)

It's called trolling the customers, SM always does that in some way

The loan deal for Samuele LONGO involving Walsall has collapsed as the chairman of Derby County has refused to let such a talented player go on loan.

Please, anyone....explain why yet another 77 rated player has been refused loan.

My squad is full of 90-92 rated players so it's not like he's anywhere near the first team.

Please' date=' anyone....explain why yet another 77 rated player has been refused loan.

My squad is full of 90-92 rated players so it's not like he's anywhere near the first team.[/quote']

I think it's another example of SM introducing/changing something in the game, but doing it in a bad way, without enough thinking and testing, and without explaining it to their customers! :mad: We 've seen it countless times! :mad:

Oh, and that excuse they put in chairman's mouth, "refuse to let such a talented player go on loan", it's so RIDICULOUS! Do these guys watch real football???

The criteria for loaning out a player, is NOT if he is talented or not! If that was the case, then e.g. Chelsea would never loan out Courtois and Lukaku!

A player is being loaned out, mostly a) to gain experience (which has no use in the game) and B) because he is not needed at his club, at least for the present time!

There are other reasons too, but the above 2 are the most important. Who "genius" among the devs, had the idea that the... "talented" players, no matter what their rating is, shouldn't go out on loan? And who decides which players are the talented ones? Isn't this a manager's job, not chairman's?

Another idea executed in the wrong way by SM... :mad:

This must surely be a bug.

I just loaned out Varane (87) in one game world and Rafael Da Silva (89) in another).

Unless the loanee team have filled up their 3 loan slots before you managed to confirm?

yes it is frustrating in some cases when a youth player is low rated cant go out, but the fact is the new external loan feature was abused so much a measure had to be put in place...

for example, in a couple GW with transfer policies like no buying over 80 rated, some managers squads are huge, i had 180 players and managed to loan out 68....now that is wrong IMO.

hopefully it will get ironed out so chairman doesnt over-evaluate certain players if they are no where near the first team.

the best way i can see around it is the chairman will let them go out on loan if the club making the offer has to pay a fee, which happens alot in real life for players, for example, when Tottenham loaned Adebayor last season, they paid 1.9M in a loan fee, or this season another example at the other end of the scale, Swansea paid Kaisterlautern 88K to loan Itay Shechter.

then it would be beneficial for the chairman to loan out players as they get a fee for them, but should be a clause like cant be recalled until end of season or only able to loan out once... to stop people abusing the system for cash by keep loaning out players and recalling them....

yes it is frustrating in some cases when a youth player is low rated cant go out' date=' but the fact is the new external loan feature was abused so much a measure had to be put in place...

for example, in a couple GW with transfer policies like no buying over 80 rated, some managers squads are huge, i had 180 players and managed to loan out 68....now that is wrong IMO.

hopefully it will get ironed out so chairman doesnt over-evaluate certain players if they are no where near the first team.

the best way i can see around it is the chairman will let them go out on loan if the club making the offer has to pay a fee, which happens alot in real life for players, for example, when Tottenham loaned Adebayor last season, they paid 1.9M in a loan fee, or this season another example at the other end of the scale, Swansea paid Kaisterlautern 88K to loan Itay Shechter.

then it would be beneficial for the chairman to loan out players as they get a fee for them, but should be a clause like cant be recalled until end of season or only able to loan out once... to stop people abusing the system for cash by keep loaning out players and recalling them....[/quote']

Again, don't agree with loan fees being paid.....especially when dealing with other managers. I've recently had to loan 3 players in the British Isles because I cannot afford to purchase any players......sure as hell can't afford to sell players as my squad isn't the largest as it it.

So, if I can't afford the loan fees I'm forced to sell because my income does not exceed my expenditure.

I'm all for improving the game, but many of these ideas seem to be focused on the bigger teams with plenty of cash to play with, let's not forget the little teams.

Again' date=' don't agree with loan fees being paid.....especially when dealing with other managers. I've recently had to loan 3 players in the British Isles because I cannot afford to purchase any players......sure as hell can't afford to sell players as my squad isn't the largest as it it.

So, if I can't afford the loan fees I'm forced to sell because my income does not exceed my expenditure.

[b']I'm all for improving the game, but many of these ideas seem to be focused on the bigger teams with plenty of cash to play with, let's not forget the little teams.[/b]

i can assure you im trying to focus on the smaller teams, as i have faced all these situations as i only play SM with small sides. Im yet to manage a Madrid or Barcelona...the Liverpool side in the OP i have are in div 2 of EC 106!

the loan fee idea suits both big and small sides. if a 87 was available to loan with a small fee, that suits a small club far more than trying to buy an 87? the big club can then loan out a highly rated player and the small club is improved, and has to carry the wages as before.

and as i suggest, loan fees would only be an option/applicable to the argument that has been made about Chelsea & Lukaku or Courtios, both highly rated in game. A fee wouldnt be acceptable for a lower rated or youth player, as it has been pointed out above with Samuele Longo, Inter would loan him out in RL for free as he would benefit from game time.

therefore loaning out high rated players could require a fee for there services but low rated players could be loaned for nothing, but some adjustments need to be made by SM programmers in how they are determining how 'talented' a 77 rated player is and his worth to a club with 90 rated strikers....(although Longo isnt a great example as he is shortly getting a substantial rise to 83/84 IMO)

Loan players are also useful as they dont affect the value of your club owned players. for example, in EC7777 i dont 'own' a high rated GK. i have Sczezncy on loan but buy lower rated GKs who are either risers or low rated by SM at there current clubs ie Elana at Lille. My chairman values them much higher so i can sell them on for a nice profit after 10weeks. If i had a 89 GK on the books, the CV of Elana would be much lower, therefore not a lucrative deal.

yes there are some extremes like your case where a club as been run into a situation with no money and a very little squad, and the only way out is to sell the better players and start over rebuilding.