Adler or Weidenfeller?

fyrekracker

Re: Adler or Weidenfeller?

Weidenfeller has a shot at 91 and at a better team but Adler finding his form slowly and national callup as well

Long term who's better?

Adler, in my opinion. Weidenfeller is just good SM-wise otherwise in real life I can't see many people choosing him over Adler. I don't know if Weidenfeller will rise or not but for me Adler would be my pick both short- and long-term.

Re: Adler or Weidenfeller?

Weidenfeller has a shot at 91 and at a better team but Adler finding his form slowly and national callup as well

Long term who's better?

I would still get Weidenfeller even when he's 5 years older than Adler, goalkeepers can usually play up to a age of 40 unless they intend to retire earlier. Like you mention has the potential to be 91. In addition, he's in a better club as compared to Adler. Yes, Adler has gotten the national callup, however it has been mentioned that it is rather unfair to Weidenfeller, with his fine performance with Dortmund. I strongly believe that Weidenfeller would get into the national team one day, although he's bound to be a backup..