Sign in to follow this  
special_k

How about fixing the broken issues rather than cosmetic changes??

How about developing a proper assistant manager?? Before I first bought gold membership last year, I used to get constantly frustrated when my assistant managers would pick my teams for competitions as their selections were never good: players out of position, under-skilled players constantly being picked. Not surprisingly I never used to get far in competitions. This was the main reason for upgrading my account. I recently took my first break from the game and enabled holiday mode safe in the knowledge that the assistant manager would now be more than capable of looking after my team.... WRONG!!! I was in key position to win various leagues and cups with a large number of my 28 teams before I enabled holiday mode. After 3 weeks I logged in to see where my teams where at, to my dismay, the 'assistant manager' had made a complete hash of things. He had been picking 70-80 rated kids instead of my normal 90+ first-teamers. Also, players were not being rested and loads were injured because of this. They had also been often played out of position even though the right players had been available to play ... I lost out on the majority of the leagues and cups I had been in line for because my team were continually playing at 20-30% of full health due to only being changed when players were injured or suspended... One league I had been 12 points in front with 5 or 6 games left; I lost every single game and ended up 3rd in league :-@ Its an absolute shambles and now I am being asked to pay for the assistant manager to state the bleeding obvious to me in pointless reports... I'm still waiting for the punchline!!!!! :mad::eek: This really is not good and needs looking at, otherwise I don't see any point in renewing gold, and there are lots of other gold managers I have spoken to about this that feel the same way :(

Re: How about fixing the broken issues rather than cosmetic changes??

How about developing a proper assistant manager?? Before I first bought gold membership last year' date=' I used to get constantly frustrated when my assistant managers would pick my teams for competitions as their selections were never good: players out of position, under-skilled players constantly being picked. Not surprisingly I never used to get far in competitions. This was the main reason for upgrading my account. I recently took my first break from the game and enabled holiday mode safe in the knowledge that the assistant manager would now be more than capable of looking after my team.... WRONG!!! I was in key position to win various leagues and cups with a large number of my 28 teams before I enabled holiday mode. After 3 weeks I logged in to see where my teams where at, to my dismay, the 'assistant manager' had made a complete hash of things. He had been picking 70-80 rated kids instead of my normal 90+ first-teamers. Also, players were not being rested and loads were injured because of this. They had also been often played out of position even though the right players had been available to play ... I lost out on the majority of the leagues and cups I had been in line for because my team were continually playing at 20-30% of full health due to only being changed when players were injured or suspended... One league I had been 12 points in front with 5 or 6 games left; I lost every single game and ended up 3rd in league :-@ Its an absolute shambles and now I am being asked to pay for the assistant manager to state the bleeding obvious to me in pointless reports... I'm still waiting for the punchline!!!!! :mad::eek: This really is not good and needs looking at, otherwise I don't see any point in renewing gold, and there are lots of other gold managers I have spoken to about this that feel the same way :([/quote']

Welcome to SM mate...

Unfortunately, that's how the situation is, and it's not going to change any time soon. The problem is that SM are not capable of improving things, they are very weak in the AI area of the game. So, they are mostly doing cosmetic changes from time to time and their main purpose is how to take more money from their customers.

Re: How about fixing the broken issues rather than cosmetic changes??

Actually, I think the game is worse now after the last updates. The match engine is just ridiculous, I mean do the tactics really make any difference ? The results just seem all random to me. Basically, there's no real incentive to try and prepare a match regarding formation and instructions, in the end you've got just as many chances of winning as in a dice game. But maybe there'll be another update sometime that would allow you to actually put together a string of good results in exchange for buying some credits.