THE GAFFER - There and Back Again

FOREWORD

It is time for the final Gorbash game word of 2012. With this effort I am looking for another high concept event drizzled with adventure, fantasy and cover story not seen in my setups since ‘Purgatory’.

Let’s not mess around any further and get right on in…

GAME WORLD ID: 164665

Welcome to The Gaffer, my sixth straight ‘event’ creation and the first under my new alias.

Once again we are looking for one winner that will scoop all the glory and the game word should remain competitive and entertaining up until we have crowned ‘The Gaffer’.

scenez.png

This Unexpected Journey will take place in a fictitious realm known as ‘Middle Earth’. Middle Earth is inhabited by many mythical, magical, and legendary creatures and the stage is set for three sets of these beings to play out an epic battle in order to find the ultimate Soccer Manager from the Forum that will be crowned ‘The Gaffer’.

The three creatures that will all play a part in this story are –

dragonss.png

Living in the cavernous caves at the river that lead deep into the ground to their lair, The monstrous, fire breathing Dragons are the most fearsome, violent beasts in Middle Earth. They tend to dominate in all battles they encounter and are feared by all other creatures in the world. The Dragons will begin the game world as by far the strongest race and will likely be dominant for many seasons. The Alpha-Male Dragon is the Dragon that has won the most conflicts in a given year and has earned the respect and loyalty of the rest of the Dragons.

mengq.png

Men are the flawed race that craves the power to dominate, but through corruption and greed hold themselves back as a race. Men hold the integrity to lead and potential to dominate but so far have been content not to realize that potential. The men will continue to fight amongst each other in this story until only one will become their hero and forever known as ‘The Gaffer’. There are no loyalties in the world of Men. Men do what they need to do and go about it in any way they feel the need to achieve their desired goal and achieve greatness for themselves.

hobbits.png

It is unknown what purpose Hobbits really play in Middle Earth, yet there presence here will become a major part in this story. Hobbits live under ground in burrow like homes and largely keep themselves to themselves and live out a peaceful life never wandering beyond the borders of their villages. They are by far the most humble of the creatures in Middle Earth and to be a great Hobbit you must always put your fellow man over. In any confrontation that develops between hobbits the more respect will always go to the Hobbit that backs down and ‘loses’ the conflict. The leader of the Hobbits is always the Hobbit who has been most humble each year and backed out of more conflicts than any other Hobbit.

conceptjr.png

There are a total of forty roles in ‘The Gaffer’.

These roles are made up of ten Dragons, twenty Men, and ten Hobbits.

I will reveal the casting of each role below but for now you need to know that Forumers are invited to manage the twenty Men in the story.

Soccer Manager will guide both the Dragons and the Hobbits on their path in the tale.

There are two Battlefields in which this adventure will take place, they are known as Division 1, and Division 2.

Division 1 will solely be occupied by Men at the beginning of the story.

Division 2 will be occupied by the Dragons and the Hobbits at the beginning.

All twenty Men will compete for the ultimate prize but there will be only One Winner.

As the tag line Suggests, you must first complete a perilous Unexpected Journey to become viable for your Division 1 title win to count, this involves going ‘There and Back Again’

thereandbackagain.png

To become ‘The Gaffer’, ultimately you need to win Division 1, but before a Division 1 title win will count, you must first go on an Unexpected Journey to the Shire and become the most respected Hobbit. Only then will you have the knowledge and right attitude to be able to mount your challenge to defeat the Dragons.

‘There’ is 20th position at the end of a season in Division 2!

‘Back Again’ is 1st position in Division 1!

Your first objective is to intentionally be as bad as you can possibly be, earn the ultimate respect of the Hobbits and finish bottom of the entire setup

The second objective is then to become as strong as possible, defeat all of the Dragons by finishing ahead of them all and finishing top of the entire setup

Only once a forum managed team has finished bottom of Division 2 ('There') will they become eligible to become 'The Gaffer' by winning Division 1 ('Back Again')

The twenty ‘Men’ Forum Managed sides will be the default squads and balances of teams that begin with an average rating of 80-81

The 20 SM-CPU teams will be made up of the ten best teams around in the world (Dragons), and ten super weak teams in the game (Hobbits)

The weak teams (Hobbits) provide competition to the forum managed sides (Men) in finishing bottom of Division 2 (in addition to your forum rivals)

The strong teams (Dragons) provide competition to forum managed sides (Men) in finishing top of Division 1 once qualified to do so (in addition to your forum rivals)

No buying from 'unmanaged' teams at any point in the game (You will never be able to buy from the SM-CPU teams, thus never making them weaker)

'The Gaffer' is crowned once a forum managed side has successfully gone 'There and Back Again'

- FORUM MANGED TEAMS -

Once a Forum managed team has successfully completed 'There' by finishing bottom of Division 2.

The season following their accomplishment,any player brought in CANNOT be sold in the same season they were purchased!

NO EXCEPTIONS

ruleswk.png

Economy Level – Normal

Player can develop concerns YES

SMFA monitoring on NO

Can only offer cash to clubs in deals NO

Buying from unmanaged clubs NOT ALLOWED

Buying from external clubs YES

No buying over the age of NO LIMIT

No buying players rated over ANY

Squad Cap ANY

Cannot do cash transfers over NO LIMIT

Transfer windows NONE

Can only buy players with the same nationality of club OFF

Manager sacked when they finish in the bottom NO MANAGERS SACKED

Managers must log into game world at least every DEFAULT (30 days)

League games per season 38

Automatic Promotion 2 TEAMS UP

Play-Offs 1 TEAM UP

Relegation 3 TEAMS DOWN

Starting Squads DEFAULT SQUADS

Starting Balance DEFAULT STARTING BALANCE

division1b.png

Amkar (Men)

Argentinos Juniors (Men)

Atlante (Men)

Birmingham City (Men)

Blackburn Rovers (Men)

Colon (Men)

Coritiba (Men)

Duisberg (Men)

Hellas Verona (Men)

Hercules (Men)

Kaiserslautern (Men)

Nancy Lorraine (Men)

Pescara Calcio (Men)

Real Murcia (Men)

Real Sociedad (Men)

Real Sporting (Men)

Seattle Sounders (Men)

Sporting Braga (Men)

St. Pauli (Men)

Torino (Men)

division2.png

Aberyswyth Town (Hobbit)

AC Milan (Dragon)

Airbus UK (Hobbit)

Albion Rovers (Hobbit)

Bangor City (Hobbit)

Barcelona (Dragon)

Bayern Munchen (Dragon)

Braintree Town (Hobbit)

Chelsea (Dragon)

East Sterlingshire (Hobbit)

Heyes & Yeading (Hobbit)

Internazionale (Dragon)

Juventus (Dragon)

Llanelli (Hobbit)

Manchester City (Dragon)

Manchester United (Dragon)

Paris Saint Germain (Dragon)

Prestatyn Town (Hobbit)

Real Madrid (Dragon)

Stranraer (Hobbit)

prizej.png

The winner of ‘The Gaffer’ receives 5,000 SM Credits

No prizes on offer for Cup competitions, just bragging rights

conclusion.png

So, there you have it! Concept explained.

I'm pretty sure this kind of concept where there are two challenges, the first involving being as bad as possible and vying for the 3 relegation places instead of promotion, followed by the familiar concept of becoming as strong as possible over time is the first of it's kind.

I look forward to it, I hope you do to.

Please post your name right here on this thread if you're interested.

My in-game name is Gorbash (Forum). You will need to have friended me there to get an offer of a team if you're chosen.

Any suggestions, or tips on how to improve the idea are also greatly received and considered.

schedulev.png

MONDAY DECEMBER 3RD 2012

• THE FORUM WILL BE EXPOSED TO THE REVELATION OF THE GAFFER THROUGH A NEW THREAD IN 'NEW GAME WORLDS' PAGE.

• FORUMERS WILL HAVE THE NEXT 72 HOURS TO REGISTER THEIR NAME ON THE THREAD IF THEY WISH TO PARTAKE IN THE GAFFER. APPLICATIONS ON THE FORUM WILL CLOSE AT 12PM (GAME TIME) ON THURSDAY DECEMBER 6TH.

THURSDAY DECEMBER 6TH 2012

• MANAGERS CHOSEN WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PERSONAL INVITE FROM ME (Gorbash) HERE ON THE FORUM, YOU WILL NEED TO RESPOND TO CONFIRM YOUR PLACE.
  • YOU WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. IF BY THAT TIME YOU HAVEN'T RESPONDED, YOUR PLACE MAY BE OFFERED TO SOMEONE ELSE.

FRIDAY DECEMBER 7TH 2012

• ONCE ALL MANAGERS ARE CONFIRMED, I WILL RANDOMLY DRAW THE ‘MEN’ CLUBS TO EACH MANAGER. THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS THREAD

• ONCE THE DRAW IS CONCLUDED, MANAGERS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SWAP THEIR TEAMS IF THEY DESIRE, AS LONG AS BOTH PARTIES ARE HAPPY WITH THIS. THIS WILL NEED TO BE CLEARLY INDICATED BY BOTH PARTIES ON THIS THREAD. SWAPS WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED TO ME BY MONDAY AT 12PM (GAME TIME)

ENJOY YOUR LAST WEEKEND

• I WILL POST A FINAL POST ON MONDAY OF THE FINAL LINE UP OF MANGERS/MEN.
  • AT THIS POINT, TEAMS ARE LOCKED IN AND CANNOT BE EXCHANGED

MONDAY DECEMBER 10TH 2012

• THE GAFFER WILL OFFICIALLY OPEN ON MONDAY DECEMBER 10TH.
  • I WILL NEED ALL MANAGERS TO FRIEND ME IN-GAME [Gorbash (Forum)] SO I CAN SEND YOU THE INVITE TO THE GAFFER.

thegaffer.png

seasonithestory.png

Congratulations go to the Men who after 19 weeks of grueling battles managed to be humble enough to concede on enough occasions to earn their path down where the Dragons and Hobbits reside.

Coritiba, Colon, and Real Sporting are the history making first Men to take this journey to the next stage in this long campaign. There quest in the Season II sequel is to do it all over again, should be easy against the fearsome Dragons, but those pesky Hobbits might cause a stumbling block to last for the next campaign and come out having been more consistantly humble than the most humble of beings.

Mighty Dragons Barcelona, Manchester City, and Bayern Munchen have broken free of their lairs and embark on a quest for Man-flesh in the second season. the 17 remaining Men will once again go toe-to-toe with their own kind with the distinct goal of being more humble over the course of the entire season. For good fortune in 'The Gaffer' initially only comes to those with the biggest hearts!

'The Gaffer: Season II' begins on May 7th 2013

Here are Seasons One's finishing positions -

DIVISION ONE

FC St. Pauli ©38 194 94

Argentinos Juniors 38 207 93

Pescara Calcio 38 191 90

MSV Duisburg 38 69 85

Birmingham City 38 67 79

Hércules 38 39 74

Torino 38 100 73

Sporting de Braga 38 8 59

Blackburn Rovers 38 2 58

Real Sociedad 38 17 56

Atlante 38 -52 53

Hellas Verona 38 11 52

1. FC Kaiserslautern 38 -30 49

Seattle Sounders 38 -46 43

Amkar 38 -65 30

Real Murcia 38 -144 27

AS Nancy Lorraine 38 -122 26

Real Sporting ®38 -72 24

Colón ®38 -153 22

Coritiba ®38 -221 22

DIVISION TWO

Barcelona ©38 167 104

Manchester City (P)38 129 90

Real Madrid 38 150 89

Bayern München (P)38 127 87

AC Milan 38 144 85

Manchester United 38 119 83

--------------------------------

Internazionale 38 102 83

Chelsea 38 94 83

Juventus 38 104 76

Paris Saint-Germain 38 124 74

Llanelli 38 -70 40

Braintree Town 38 -118 39

Stranraer 38 -116 29

Hayes & Yeading United 38 -85 28

Prestatyn Town 38 -124 27

East Stirlingshire 38 -108 26

Aberystwyth Town 38 -149 21

Airbus UK 38 -156 19

Albion Rovers 38 -156 17

Bangor City 38 -178 11

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FOREWORD It is time for the final Gorbash game word of 2012. With this effort I am looking for another high concept event drizzled with adventure, fantasy and cover story not seen in m

Re: THE GAFFER - There and Back Again Time Is Nearly Upon Us...... Your teams will be offered to you shortly.

Re: THE GAFFER - There and Back Again Much appreciation to your assistant! 9 - 0' date=' couldn't have asked for a better start! I just wonder if goal difference will also play a part in the battle

Re: THE GAFFER - There and Back Again

lineupgv.png

Sporting Braga Gonzodan

Hercules prince 88

Seattle Sounders iAwesome

Torino drseanfitz

Colon ryangal1982

Real Murcia Like_A_Boas

Pescara Calcio JohnLowery

Real Sociedad Ryans Tornado

Birmingham City Yamil Mc

Kaiserslautern Ghora

Argentinos Juniors Noisy

Blackburn Rovers jkerrs

Duisberg NariN

Coritiba Gorbash

Nancy Lorraine Gozzy

Atlante ashtini

Amkar Hancock

Real Sporting The Mechanic

St. Pauli VACANT

Hellas Verona Closer

shortlist.png

animattion

ashish_dabral

brunopinto90

Dreamers

fowftw

GusmaSJain

yamil_Mc

Guest The Mechanic

I'm very interested in this idea, it's a brilliant concept, very unique and I'd be honored to be a part of it. I'm a part of THE PROTEGE, so hopefully that's enough to prove my trustworthiness. Thanks

Guest drseanfitz

Got my PM so thought I'd check it out.

looks great, but really haven't the time to take on anything new at the moment.... then I realised that for at lest 2 seasons I don't have to do anything except lose, so that should be no problem. so I'm interested

despite the fact that concerns don't work properly, I think they'll be essential in making people think about who they buy, and when....

although I'm not too sure about the SMFA monitoring;)